shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your size 5s!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/8/2007 10:16:05 PM
Author: nwonderland
Just under a size 5, my RHR:

n1drlandoval2.jpg
WOW, what size is the center stone?
22.gif

nwonderland

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/8/2007 10:18:25 PM
Author: nebe
Date: 11/8/2007 10:16:05 PM

Author: nwonderland

Just under a size 5, my RHR:

n1drlandoval2.jpg

WOW, what size is the center stone?
22.gif

It''s just under a carat. Looks huge though
9.gif

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll say!! That''s one nice RHR!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
My finger is about a size 5, although my wedding ring is 5.5 or so, and e-ring is 5.25 or so (to get over the knuckle). My photos are always lousy, but at least you get the idea of size here. This is my wedding set. Diamond 1.1ct H SI1.

dscn4274 half size.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
This one is my other "wedding set" - a set I got later, second-hand. Primarily for the engagement ring, which I wear with my original wedding ring from the previous picture, rather than this ring that came with it. Weird situation I know...
20.gif
The diamond here is about .94ct, and it is a darker color - I''d have to get my appraisal to remember it right, but anyway, I think it''s a pretty diamond although this picture doesn''t begin to do it justice... Again, it''s mainly just to give the proportion.

dscn1175 half size.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I wasn''t going to post another, but when I saw how incredibly dark my smaller diamond looked in that last pic - yikes! - I thought I''d post this one. Here you can see it''s not as dark relative to my 1.1ct as it may have seemed in those last 2 pics. Still not a great pic but anyway...

both sets tog antiq n orig.jpg

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my size 4.75, 2.55 M RB. Blurry, of course...............

kellyfish6.jpg

Georgiapeach25

Rough_Rock
Nebe: (not sure if ya'll could tell whose ring I was referring to.....I'm new here..not up to speed on posting)
WOW WOW! Your ring is absolutely BREATHTAKING!! Just lovely. I keep going back to that style but I have not found one in a store to try on yet. I have small hands too, I wear a size 5. Nice to see so many ladies with such beautiful rings on small hands like myself! A breath of fresh air. I have gotten so frustrated with trying to find something that doesn't look odd on my finger.

What is the cut of your center stone, if I may ask? I have no idea of diamond lingo or the right knowledge. I just have lots of pictures of what I would like, but again have not seen my "dream ring" in person.

Any suggestions on finding a reputable store? Has anyone purchased (or fiancee purchased) their engagement ring online/Ebay?

30.gif
30.gif

I can't get over how beautiful everyone's rings are! I may have to make my beau see this site!

amy_dub

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/22/2007 7:29:43 PM
Author: nebe

Date: 10/22/2007 7:27:30 PM
Author: Harriet
Does 5.25 count?

Of course!! Anything UNDER OR AROUND 5, I should have said.

14.gif
I suppose I should go first, huh?

Here''s my 4.75 RHR. .61 RB in a bead set halo.

Nebe, I''ve never really liked halos, but your RHR is so beautiful!

Bluey

Rough_Rock
It kind of looks like an engagement ring but in reality I''m one of those Ladies in Waiting, so this ring is my version of an engagement ring from me to me on my 25th...
30.gif

It is a 0.51 c deep orange diamond, SI-1, the setting is a custom made titanium tension setting with copper rendering. The intention is for it to look very industrial, so the band is 4mm thick all around... Not as uncomfortable as it sounds!!
Size is 5.25

I soooo love this new found site!!

anillo.JPG

Bluey

Rough_Rock
Mmm, the picture looks too grainy and dark, but then again, it''s 7_30 pm... maybe some other day, with some other light.

BTW, Everyone seems to have a white diamond, anyone thinking color??? I''m asking BF for a blue 1c marquise with 1c white specs in art deco setting... Soooooo decadent
18.gif

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
amy_dub thank you so much!! I adore my RHR and I've never spent even a split second of regret buying it for myself! All women should do it
2.gif

Georgiapeach25 When I did purchase it I knew very little about diamonds but I think I pulled it off pretty well. The center stone is a round brilliant and it sparkles like mad! If you want more pictures I have an original thread here with more info on it. I bought it at Christian Bernard but I wouldn't really recommend them because I've since learned they tend to run high with their prices. Their customer service is great though! Online is a better way to go for a diamond, but not so much ebay. I recommend Good Old Gold because Jon there is just a dream. I'm working with him on my e-ring stone!

bluey I'd LOVE a yellow but it's not in my future
3.gif
Colored diamonds are beautiful!

I'm so glad this thread is still going!! You all have such lovely rings, and hands!!
2.gif
1.gif

Vix

Shiny_Rock
Looks like I''m in fanastic company!

~ 5 and .48

Aug07_handshot_Eurofacets_Sm.jpg

ponderer

Shiny_Rock
Size 5 with sizing beads to keep it from spinning

asdfghjkl.JPG

Georgiapeach25

Rough_Rock
nwonderland:

Beautiful ring!! I am swooning here at my computer. Wow. What is the center stone? & what''s the "lingo" to describe your ring. As you can tell I''m very new to the whole diamond talk.

--Sarah
30.gif
30.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
anyone know how to shrink your fingers so your diamonds will look more honkin''? Like - hand aerobics or Atkins for fingers??
9.gif
3.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 3:54:39 PM
Author: old-fashioned girl
I wasn''t going to post another, but when I saw how incredibly dark my smaller diamond looked in that last pic - yikes! - I thought I''d post this one. Here you can see it''s not as dark relative to my 1.1ct as it may have seemed in those last 2 pics. Still not a great pic but anyway...

Yipes - which one is the smaller one? I can''t even tell!
30.gif

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/15/2007 11:55:19 AM
Author: tberube
anyone know how to shrink your fingers so your diamonds will look more honkin''? Like - hand aerobics or Atkins for fingers??
9.gif
3.gif
I''m thinking there MUST be finger lipo. Although... why would you bother?

nwonderland

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/15/2007 11:24:24 AM
Author: Georgiapeach25
nwonderland:

Beautiful ring!! I am swooning here at my computer. Wow. What is the center stone? & what''s the ''lingo'' to describe your ring. As you can tell I''m very new to the whole diamond talk.

--Sarah
30.gif
30.gif

Aw, thanks Sarah. The center stone is a diamond, I usually just call it an oval diamond with a paved halo.

Here are more links and pictures to my ring:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/more-pictures-of-oval-halo-and-pink-tourmaline.72157/
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/newbie-and-oval-halo.64059/

Georgiapeach25

Rough_Rock
nwonderland:

I went to the link where the stats on your ring were...what does VG/VG/no cutlet mean? And what is the shank? I''m assuming D is the color value and VSI is the clarity..I hope that''s right. Still learning!

Thank you for the links.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/15/2007 11:57:51 AM
Author: tberube

Date: 11/9/2007 3:54:39 PM
Author: old-fashioned girl
I wasn't going to post another, but when I saw how incredibly dark my smaller diamond looked in that last pic - yikes! - I thought I'd post this one. Here you can see it's not as dark relative to my 1.1ct as it may have seemed in those last 2 pics. Still not a great pic but anyway...
Yipes - which one is the smaller one? I can't even tell!
30.gif
Thanks! They're not too much different. THis pic might show it better. Also in that other horrible picture you probably couldn't tell which was the darker diamond either?! LOL
In this pic, my original, plain solitaire is my 1.1ct AGS0 H SI1 diamond is by itself. The ring that is next to the WB is the "antique" one with the darker diamond. It is about 0.94ct.

1159 resized.jpg

nwonderland

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/15/2007 5:35:25 PM
Author: Georgiapeach25
nwonderland:

I went to the link where the stats on your ring were...what does VG/VG/no cutlet mean? And what is the shank? I''m assuming D is the color value and VSI is the clarity..I hope that''s right. Still learning!

Thank you for the links.

That is symmetry/polish/and cutlet (basically a "hole" of sorts at the bottom of the stone where the point is, if I remember correctly). Yes, D is the color, and VS1 is clarity. As for the shank, are you talking about material? It''s platinum. I don''t have diamonds on the actual shank/band of the ring. HTH!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results