shape
carat
color
clarity

My right hand ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Sooo... story behind it:

had a really bad breakup with my last boyfriend and decided a few months afterwards I was never going to marry a man for what I want. So I bought what I wanted. A diamond ring.
30.gif
It totals 1.00 ct, the center stone being .61 in a micro pave halo setting. I knew very little about diamonds when I bought it so it''s not certified.
20.gif
The store sent a letter with a price and specs so I could insure it, but who knows. The center stone is said to be an SI1, G color, Good cut. Maybe someday I''ll have it unset and sent to GIA, we''ll see!

I only put up one, but I''d be glad to put up more if anyone''s interested!
31.gif

nebeonhand1.JPG

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Oooooh, pretty!! Definitely post more shots!!!!
18.gif

And good for you to buy what you want!! I wish I could get rid of my mom''s voice in my head to indulge a little for myself too! BRAVO!
36.gif

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/26/2007 4:58:13 PM
Author: gwendolyn
Oooooh, pretty!! Definitely post more shots!!!!
18.gif

And good for you to buy what you want!! I wish I could get rid of my mom''s voice in my head to indulge a little for myself too! BRAVO!
36.gif
Normally I''m really quiet and reserved, but it was something I decided I really wanted. Never let anyone tell you that you can''t or shouldn''t have what you want!!

nebeinbox1.JPG

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
19.gif

nebeinbox3.JPG

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooooo, that''s beautiful!!! and bravo for buying yourself something wonderful that you really want - there is absolutely no reason not to!! tell us more, who is the ring by? it''s a lovely halo - side shots, side shots!!!
1.gif

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a Christian Bernard ring and I did have spacing balls put on the inside so that it didn''t slide around too much. And I have teeny hands (4.75)
25.gif
Any other questions?

neberingunderside1.JPG

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
It''s really cloudy out so it doesn''t look very pretty, but I promise it is IRL

nebering2.JPG

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is stunning
30.gif
It''s wonderful that you did this for yourself!! Well done
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cert or no cert, it''s still beautiful! Love the setting and the diamond looks just fine! Congrats on buying yourself a fab new sparkly!!!
36.gif
35.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good for you!!!
36.gif
It''s a gorgeous ring, wear it in the best of health.
30.gif
30.gif

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
You go girl! Love the ring!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring!!! I''m glad you treated yourself to a diamond ring!!! Awesome!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, you got yourself a beautiful ring. Congratulations.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good for you! I am sure you deserve it. It is very pretty!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Blingy and adorable. Beautiful RHR!

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
I like your attitude girl...
2.gif

The ring is lovely!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
IT IS SOOOO PRETTY!!! Gooood for you GIRL!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GIRL POWER!!!!

K9

Brilliant_Rock
nebe - it''s BEAUTIFUL! Good for you for buying something that makes YOU happy! It''s an excellent way to show your independence.
2.gif

Don''t get worked up about certs - if it sparkles and shines enough to make you happy and smile, that''s all that counts!

GIRLS RULE
9.gif

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for such lovely comments

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
You go girl!!!!!

Hee hee
9.gif
Very pretty ring!!! Yay for you!!!!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
ITA with Monarch...Your ring is a beauty. Congrats on being able to purchase it for yourself!

I do have questions for you about those sizing thingies...

1) if you are wearing the ring all the time, are they comfortable?
2) if you notice your fingers change sizes throughout the day, do the sizing/shank balls accomodate without being too snug?

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/27/2007 1:34:15 PM
Author: Love in Bloom
ITA with Monarch...Your ring is a beauty. Congrats on being able to purchase it for yourself!

I do have questions for you about those sizing thingies...

1) if you are wearing the ring all the time, are they comfortable?
2) if you notice your fingers change sizes throughout the day, do the sizing/shank balls accomodate without being too snug?

1) I never take my ring off. I forget to put jewelry back on if I remove it, so I never do. At first my hand felt heavy (oh what a wonderful feeling though!
28.gif
) but the ring was constantly spinning between my fingers and the diamond would irritate my pinky finger. I had the sizing beads put on about 4 months after I bought the ring.

2) I work at an aquarium (I sell saltwater fish for hobbist tanks, I don''t work with dolphins
3.gif
) so my hands are always in and out of water and they swell a lot. The sizing beads don''t bother me at all. The only time it becomes a problem is when I try to take it off immediately after work without using soap or lotion, they kind of scrape (but not painfully) my finger. I do have a "ring line" that never goes away though so I guess it could be considered snug, but that doesn''t bother me either. Overall I love having the sizers there because my fingers change sizes with the slightest weight loss or gain which can be a pain. I''ll probably have them on my wedding rings too (if I''m EVER not a LIW!!
38.gif
) Hope that helped!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nebe, I love your right hand ring and the fact that you bought it for yourself. Congrats on a great sparkly purchase!

nessvan12

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring! Looooove halos!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nebe, way to go with a beautiful ring
1.gif
Buying your own jewelry ensures you get exactly what you want without any arguments!
9.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2007 12:21:03 PM
Author: nebe
Thank you all for such lovely comments
Well thank you for supplying us with such lovely eye candy!
9.gif

Now get us s''more photos, chica.
11.gif

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
With the lovely Tag Heuer Diamond Link my wonderful boyfriend gave me

neberingandtag1.JPG

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Straight down!

neberingcloseup2.JPG

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! FWIW, I buy all my jewelry myself even though I'm married. I like the "power" in being able to pick out and purchase exactly what I want.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
I love it, Nebe! Congratulations on getting yourself a gorgeous bauble! I am all about buying what makes YOU happy, rather than waiting on someone else to do it for you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results