shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Silver Jewelry

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Ahh, yesss! So before I found PS, my collection was entirely silver. Here are the silver rings I still have. My earring collection, most of which are handmade, is rather enormous and I've never tried to photograph it.
20200711_172628.jpg

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
Ahh, yesss! So before I found PS, my collection was entirely silver. Here are the silver rings I still have. My earring collection, most of which are handmade, is rather enormous and I've never tried to photograph it.
20200711_172628.jpg

Your Amber ring would go rather well with my Amber pendant:kiss2:

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
@Made in London I think it would! I used to have the most incredible green amber ring which was sadly stolen when my apartment was broken into some years ago. I purchased the ring in the picture as a replacement, but I've never stopped missing that old ring.

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
20200711_172628.jpg

What is that fabulous purple rock? It’s like a geode for your hand! I started collecting rocks for a Brownie badge and it’s seems like I’ve never stopped.

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
B3216E57-CA6D-4194-86B2-59FF04BBEE0D.jpeg
This post has given me the incentive to clean up my jewelry box and polish up my pieces. It’s a nice mix of Birks, Tiffany, some David Yurman (I included the piece I bought for my husband), some Disney pieces and some vintage unbranded pieces I’ve had for years.

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
B3216E57-CA6D-4194-86B2-59FF04BBEE0D.jpeg
This post has given me the incentive to clean up my jewelry box and polish up my pieces. It’s a nice mix of Birks, Tiffany, some David Yurman (I included the piece I bought for my husband), some Disney pieces and some vintage unbranded pieces I’ve had for years.

Beautiful collection! I love wearing Disney jewelry to the parks. So much fun!

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
What is that fabulous purple rock? It’s like a geode for your hand! I started collecting rocks for a Brownie badge and it’s seems like I’ve never stopped.

I affectionately call that my rock candy ring. My husband less affectionately calls it my murder ring. It's a whopper. 24g, and there is no forgetting it when it's on. I rarely wear it, but when I do, it brings me much joy!
20200925_155227.jpg 20200925_155219.jpg 20200925_155224.jpg

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
I affectionately call that my rock candy ring. My husband less affectionately calls it my murder ring. It's a whopper. 24g, and there is no forgetting it when it's on. I rarely wear it, but when I do, it brings me much joy!

I love it. Thanks for the up close shots.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Ikolarik , those crystals are simply gorgeous. They remind me of a quartz rock the boy next door used to have when I was a child. They look nothing like his quartz rock, but his rock was so special and magical that I could never get over it. Had I seen your ring as a little girl, I would have felt the same way about it! It is a princess rock, but also magical.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
@Begonia I bought a Haida silver ring with a raven engraved on it during my first trip to Vancouver to visit my folks not long after they immigrated there.

I would love to have one in white gold or platinum, however, I have yet to be able find one, only in silver or yellow gold.

Would you know of any artist who would make jewellery items in white gold or platinum please, as I appreciate I may have to go down the custom route? TIA.

Your collection is beautiful BTW, thanks for sharing! :kiss2:

DK :))

@dk168. Sorry I’ve taken so long to get back to you!!! Life had a few roadblocks :roll2:

Here are some contacts that are happy facilitators of pairing you up with the right artist for your piece. I’ve been told few do platinum, but it’s not completely unheard of, so give it a go. Something about platinum being harder to carve. They suggest you check out their websites to get a sense of your favourite style and artist :)

Lattimer Gallery (Vancouver)
[email protected]
This gallery has been around for years and many artists have started there. They have big names, small names and everything in between. I’ve purchased from them.

Artina’s (Victoria)
[email protected]
They have some local artists. Lovely people run the place. I’ve purchased from them.

Douglas Reynolds Gallery (Vancouver)
Has some big names. I’ve not purchased from here.

Let us know how it turns out, and again, my apologies for the delay.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dk168. Sorry I’ve taken so long to get back to you!!! Life had a few roadblocks :roll2:

Here are some contacts that are happy facilitators of pairing you up with the right artist for your piece. I’ve been told few do platinum, but it’s not completely unheard of, so give it a go. Something about platinum being harder to carve. They suggest you check out their websites to get a sense of your favourite style and artist :)

Lattimer Gallery (Vancouver)
[email protected]
This gallery has been around for years and many artists have started there. They have big names, small names and everything in between. I’ve purchased from them.

Artina’s (Victoria)
[email protected]
They have some local artists. Lovely people run the place. I’ve purchased from them.

Douglas Reynolds Gallery (Vancouver)
Has some big names. I’ve not purchased from here.

Let us know how it turns out, and again, my apologies for the delay.

Excellent, thank you very much for obtaining the details!!!

I shall definitely check out the two in Vancouver, as I shall be visiting my folks there some time next year.

Happy to have White Gold instead of Platinum, so fingers crossed that I shall be able to get one made!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Excellent, thank you very much for obtaining the details!!!

I shall definitely check out the two in Vancouver, as I shall be visiting my folks there some time next year.

I've bought from Latimer before and they seemed to have long term relationships with the artists, always a good thing. Close to Granville Island Market so make sure you go early, as parking is B.R.U.T.A.L. I'd be there at 9am (or earlier) for a 10am opening. Check out the seasonal opening times of GIM, get some breakfast there and then wait for the gallery to open.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've bought from Latimer before and they seemed to have long term relationships with the artists, always a good thing. Close to Granville Island Market so make sure you go early, as parking is B.R.U.T.A.L. I'd be there at 9am (or earlier) for a 10am opening. Check out the seasonal opening times of GIM, get some breakfast there and then wait for the gallery to open.

I got a feeling I have been there already, and shall definitely go to Granville Island again as it has a microbrewery that serves good beers as well as food!

I shan't be driving, and shall go by public transport instead. Very easy from my mum's place with just one bus change.

I shall bear you in mind when I organise a GTG for Vanconver next year!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I got a feeling I have been there already, and shall definitely go to Granville Island again as it has a microbrewery that serves good beers as well as food!

I shan't be driving, and shall go by public transport instead. Very easy from my mum's place with just one bus change.

I shall bear you in mind when I organise a GTG for Vanconver next year!

Oh that would be so cool!
Yes indeed :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

I totally get that kind of joy !

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am normally a high karat gold wearer... not a silver wearing person but I hope this pendant will make me a convert because I am in love with this handmade pendant I purchased on vacation in Bulgaria. Had to wear it straightaway with a gold chain I wore on the trip. I am in LOVE.

You think the tarnish will diminish as I wear it more often? I tried polishing with toothbrush and toothpaste but made no difference. PXL_20230720_135824446.MP.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230720_135818255.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230720_135818255.MP.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 7

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am normally a high karat gold wearer... not a silver wearing person but I hope this pendant will make me a convert because I am in love with this handmade pendant I purchased on vacation in Bulgaria. Had to wear it straightaway with a gold chain I wore on the trip. I am in LOVE.

You think the tarnish will diminish as I wear it more often? I tried polishing with toothbrush and toothpaste but made no difference. PXL_20230720_135824446.MP.jpg

its very pretty
i can see why you love it

i think some would call that patina not tarnish, and some would advise not to polish it out
but i prefer the highly polished look myself so i have tried this method of wearing a piece item 24/7 in an efford to rid it of tarnish in the beleaf that silver likes to be worn and i have pieces that never tarnish as i wear them alot

alas it didnt work

i have a rope chain that is really hard to polish with a silver polishing cloth, i just take it to the jewler and they work their magic (maybe they just put it in an ultrasonic?)

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous!

I drop my sterling silver into a jar of sterling silver jewelry cleaner and it takes the tarnish off instantly. Agree that it looks good as-is too.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fresh from the mail, this 7.5mm OMC CZ from Shantastic Jewelry set in silver. The stone is a wonderful pale yellow, love it! @Daisys and Diamonds, I know you were looking for more modest purchases, this fits that bill ;)2

0AFAFA38-7691-47E2-A79B-46A1E3C151CC.jpeg

385C88B6-3AC4-4B13-AADE-DD2FF9A93355.jpeg
A1FA558A-8ED1-46D6-928E-EEA2A4BCF5AE.jpeg

3D018CEA-B172-483B-AC9D-805DA16D4031.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results