shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Silver Jewelry

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new pretties are here. My jewelry collection was all yellow gold so this is just for something different. The e-ring is from Jeulia, two bands and earrings from Berricle, necklace and bracelets from Ross Simons. All sterling silver and cubic zirconia.

silver.jpg

All so beautiful!

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
My new pretties are here. My jewelry collection was all yellow gold so this is just for something different. The e-ring is from Jeulia, two bands and earrings from Berricle, necklace and bracelets from Ross Simons. All sterling silver and cubic zirconia.

silver.jpg

I meant to write a longer comment but I got distracted by your new e-ring and popped over to the Jeulia website. This is a great silver collection. Nicely done! Enjoy!

lovebezels

Rough_Rock

silver.jpg

@seaurchin, very pretty collection. Do you have more pictures of the Jeulia ring?

So my mom recently gave me this set that had been my great Aunt’s. She thinks she bought it in India maybe around the 1960s. If anyone has any insight I’d love to hear it. D4A8C58C-E481-4AEF-A9DF-077733F1F774.jpeg

That’s a very pretty set! If your great aunt did buy it from India, it is possible this could be an example of Tarkasi, which is a filigree style. It would most likely not contain gemstones if it is traditional Tarkasi, I can’t tell in the picture but there seems to be a gemstone in the center of each flower. However I do have my doubts on this being definitively Tarkasi because in the image when I zoom in there seems to be some milgrain plus the way the wires are arranged is not exactly what I expect - Tarkasi is almost like a net but the wires can be curved. So it’s possible it’s not a truly traditional example but some kind of fusion. It’s pretty cool! It’s not what I think of when I think “indian silver jewelry” at all, but it’s interesting! Of course it might not be from india at all.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just had to post this. I don't own any silver, but my 7 year old son had some money he's been saving for something special. So yesterday, to celebrate the end of home schooling and our lockdown easing, we went shopping. He decided he wanted a ring like mummy, and very proudly chose this one. The shop assistant was lovely and let him try on anything he wanted, and helped him pick something cool and fun under his budget. He has babied it ever since, and is delighted to show anyone whenever we go out. And yes, he has huge fingers! He's so pleased with it, bless.
20200920_092643.jpg

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
Aww how cute! He will always remember his first jewellery purchase =)2

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
I just had to post this. I don't own any silver, but my 7 year old son had some money he's been saving for something special. So yesterday, to celebrate the end of home schooling and our lockdown easing, we went shopping. He decided he wanted a ring like mummy, and very proudly chose this one. The shop assistant was lovely and let him try on anything he wanted, and helped him pick something cool and fun under his budget. He has babied it ever since, and is delighted to show anyone whenever we go out. And yes, he has huge fingers! He's so pleased with it, bless.
20200920_092643.jpg

Oh, I love this. Thanks for sharing. :kiss2:

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
That’s a very pretty set! If your great aunt did buy it from India, it is possible this could be an example of Tarkasi, which is a filigree style. It would most likely not contain gemstones if it is traditional Tarkasi, I can’t tell in the picture but there seems to be a gemstone in the center of each flower. However I do have my doubts on this being definitively Tarkasi because in the image when I zoom in there seems to be some milgrain plus the way the wires are arranged is not exactly what I expect - Tarkasi is almost like a net but the wires can be curved. So it’s possible it’s not a truly traditional example but some kind of fusion. It’s pretty cool! It’s not what I think of when I think “indian silver jewelry” at all, but it’s interesting! Of course it might not be from india at all.

Thanks for that info and yes you could be correct about not being from India at all. She had an Indian boyfriend but she also liked to make up stories where things came from as well. She was quite a colourful character.

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
20200920_092643.jpg

That is such an awesome story. I bet with the facets and cut work into the silver it really catches the light.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So my mom recently gave me this set that had been my great Aunt’s. She thinks she bought it in India maybe around the 1960s. If anyone has any insight I’d love to hear it.

D4A8C58C-E481-4AEF-A9DF-077733F1F774.jpeg

I am not sure whether this is insight, but this jewelry posted in The Silver Thread by chrono reminds me of it. Look halfway down the page for several photographs of chrono's jewelry. I believe that chrono's jewelry is from India.

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
I am not sure whether this is insight, but this jewelry posted in The Silver Thread by chrono reminds me of it. Look halfway down the page for several photographs of chrono's jewelry. I believe that chrono's jewelry is from India.

I’ll have to check it out. I’m about 20 pages deep into another thread. PS is such a treasure trove of information and beauty. So many lovely collections that are diverse.

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
So my mom recently gave me this set that had been my great Aunt’s. She thinks she bought it in India maybe around the 1960s. If anyone has any insight I’d love to hear it. D4A8C58C-E481-4AEF-A9DF-077733F1F774.jpeg How do you clean such intricate pieces?

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock

Soft toothbrush and Silvo Silver polish. For my smoother pieces I use a polishing cloth. I have used the the baking soda and tinfoil method but you mush make sure it’s not just silverplate or you can do some damage.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soft toothbrush and Silvo Silver polish. For my smoother pieces I use a polishing cloth. I have used the the baking soda and tinfoil method but you mush make sure it’s not just silverplate or you can do some damage.

One knowledgeable former poster pointed out that one can even over polish an antique tarnished piece of sterling jewelry. I inherited some old Georg Jensen pieces from my mother and she warned me to go easy on the polish. :))

PS-I wish I had listened more carefully!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
One knowledgeable former poster pointed out that one can even over polish an antique tarnished piece of sterling jewelry. I inherited some old Georg Jensen pieces from my mother and she warned me to go easy on the polish. :))

PS-I wish I had listened more carefully!

@AGBF Yes..If it’s an antique piece you want some patina so it should be done by hand...especially serving pieces that have designs...It looks nicer with a little tarnish in the grooves...My stuff is all modern..I didn’t inherit any silver..unfortunately..

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found a thread with photos of a Georg Jensen purse my mother unearthed. In it were Georg Jensen accessories and a compact which was made by Volupté. There was red lipstick still in the lipstick holder and powder in the compact. I also took pictures of the boxes in which she had stored things. There turned out to be a couple of other pieces of jewelry besides the ones pictured here. As I said above these were from Georg Jensen USA made during World War II in the 1940's when there was no communication between the Georg Jensen in the US and the one in Denmark (which may have been shut down).

georgjensenphotos1.jpg georgjensenphotos2.jpg georgjensenphotos3.jpg georgjensenphotos4.jpg

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
You all inspired me to clean my silver. I love to do it too! 18B2E984-3239-4358-B5BE-EEFF2370E123.jpeg

First batch!
ED6176E4-B325-48AA-87DD-812C567A7D5C.jpeg
All done!

You have some very lovely pieces! I have never used this cleaning method before. Do you have to buff it up after it's bath?

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
IMG_3131.JPG IMG_3130.JPG IMG_3131.JPG IMG_3130.JPG IMG_3127.JPG IMG_3123.JPG Whilst on the topic of antique silver,I bought this lovely silver chatalaine from an antique fair.It opens to reveal a little silver scent pot which still had some red coloured perfume oil inside.I have added a modern day curb chain to wear it round my neck..I store it in a zip lock bag in a dark box & it has stayed reasonably tarnish free.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have some very lovely pieces! I have never used this cleaning method before. Do you have to buff it up after it's bath?

@Made in London Thank you! I did have to buff a few spots on my locket but it took a minute. I open it after the process to completely dry. I just run the other pieces under water and dry them off with a paper towel. I took a chance with my charm bracelet because I wasn’t sure if every charm was sterling. My Tiffany jewelry is sterling so they are safe. This method gets in between the Tiffany beads on to the chain that strings them. A silver polish wouldn’t be able to get to all of the chain because the beads are over most of it. I don’t have time to polish everything so this works for me. It also doesn’t harm sterling from the research I quickly did. I also love to see the tarnish fizzing off.. :)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your pieces are absolutely gorgeous @Made in London! Very regal looking! :kiss2:

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
@Made in London Thank you! I did have to buff a few spots on my locket but it took a minute. I open it after the process to completely dry. I just run the other pieces under water and dry them off with a paper towel. I took a chance with my charm bracelet because I wasn’t sure if every charm was sterling. My Tiffany jewelry is sterling so they are safe. This method gets in between the Tiffany beads on to the chain that strings them. A silver polish wouldn’t be able to get to all of the chain because the beads are over most of it. I don’t have time to polish everything so this works for me. It also doesn’t harm sterling from the research I quickly did. I also love to see the tarnish fizzing off.. :)

I'll try using this method on my own Tiffany pieces as I can never get the chain under the silver beads properly clean.Would it be okay to use on my enamel pieces?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'll try using this method on my own Tiffany pieces as I can never get the chain under the silver beads properly clean.Would it be okay to use on my enamel pieces?

I wouldn’t use that method on the enamel pieces..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results