shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your sapphire (or other colored stone) and diamond cluster (Lady Di) ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2007 12:08:07 AM
Author: Addlepated
I can't figure out how to put more than two images in a post...
41.gif

I can't either but OMG, the colors are spectacular! Gorgeous stone!

ETA: I have not figured out how to get a pic to get quoted either! Technologically challenged, I guess!

iloveblue

Rough_Rock
Addlepated: what a terrific ring! And the color change is the neatest thing ever. It''s like you have two completely different rings depending on the light. For a second, I thought you were posting pictures of two different stones. Gorgeous.

DiamanteBlue--thanks for the link to the settings. It actually was very helpful, because now I suddenly understand what a jeweler meant when he told me that if I wanted a certain type of setting, I should choose a "stock" size oval sapphire. I''ve also heard some of you PS folks mention that I''m looking at some stones with more standard sizes and some that would require custom work. I had no idea what you meant, exactly. But looking at these cluster settings, I can see that they have settings for 8X6 ovals, 9X7 ovals, and so forth. So, it gives me a good idea of what "standard" is. The long skinny one I saw at 9X6 wouldn''t really be standard.

Along those lines, I might try to focus on a more standard size, considering that I''m pretty certain that I want a certain setting. But, does this mean I have to find a stone that is exactly 8X6 or 9X7? Or would one that is, for example, 8.2X6.4 work in an 8X6 setting?

This will help me focus my search, for sure. I wanted a little bigger than 8X6, so perhaps 9X7 is where I want to be.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
The Stuller Website may be able to give you some idea of ''standard'' mountings. Here is the link to that style, you can go deeper into this link and see every one they''ve got, plus, they tell you what size stone to look for.
Good luck!
http://www.stuller.com/products/product.aspx?gid=533267e2-429a-4682-b842-f96afcc48765&cid=bc255155-1284-4fc6-92e1-046472e2687d

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results