shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Pearls!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
That’s part of the problem!! They’re so much easier to justify. And then one day you look at everything you’ve managed to acquire - in a shockingly short time frame - and the veil lifts and you realize you’ve been duped :lol:

I think you onto to something…it does add up fast, doesn’t it?! I told myself I had to pump the breaks to save for bigger purchases…

And then I bought a charming pair of antique pearl dangles…whoops! Trigger finger couldn’t be helped

Pictures forthcoming when they arrive, hah!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
That’s part of the problem!! They’re so much easier to justify. And then one day you look at everything you’ve managed to acquire - in a shockingly short time frame - and the veil lifts and you realize you’ve been duped :lol:

On the bright side at least your hard earned cash isnt going up your nose or being p*ssed up aganist a wall (excuse my vulgarity so early on a sunday)
and the morning after a new purchase you have no hangover and just more beautiful narce to admire

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few pics from a couple months ago that I don't think I ever shared ::)

Akoya!

- Baby blue and baby multi from Cees.
- Two 8-8.5mm gem white bracelets (Hanadama) from Andrew Moline.
- 6-6.5mm gem white bracelet (Hanadama) from Andrew Moline.
- 8.5-9mm Hanadama strand from Pearl Paradise.
- 8-8.5mm Madama bracelet from Pearl Paradise.
- 11-12mm baroque blue bracelet from Pure Pearls + Takahashi.
- Station pearl and diamond rope in RG from Andrew Moline and Whiteflash.
- Station bracelet from Mikimoto (Cherry Blossom line).
- 7-7.5mm Hanadama studs from Pearl Paradise.
- 9.25-9.5mm white studs from Mikimoto (AAA).
- 9.5-10mm Hanadama studs from Andrew Moline.
- 9.0-9.5mm blue studs from Takahashi.

AkoyaStrands.png

Akoya-Multi.png

AkoyaBlue-1.png

AkoyaChains&Studs-1.png

Studs - with a few WSS WIPs missing. I also want a pair of larger, lighter-body Tahitians. Moline the Tahitian Man is on the hunt for me!!

- 9.5-10mm Hanadama from Andrew Moline.
- 9-9.5mm blues from Takahashi.
- 7-7.5mm Hanadama from Pearl Paradise.
- 9.25-9.5mm Mikimoto AAA.
- 10-11mm peacocks from Pearl Paradise.
- 10-11mm aubergines from Andrew Moline
- 10-11mm GSS from Pearl Paradise.

Earrings-4.png

My very few FW. I love the souffle dangles, they're so big and so light ::)

- AAAA white bracelet from The Pearl Source.
- Two baby black FW and two baby white FW from little h.
- Emerald Grotto dangles by little h.
- Souffle dangles from Etsy (I don’t recall the shop… It may not even exist anymore!
- Tahitian Finestrino dangles by little h.

Freshwaters.png

Earrings-3.png

SoC :bigsmile:

SOC-1.png

Coral and turquoise - the spacers are 14 rose gold and I desperately need to restring :eek-2:

The coral is from two strands, one purchased as salmon and one as “angel skin”. Ain’t nothin’ angel skin about either strand! I do like the stronger peachy colour on me. The turquoise is Sleeping Beauty, ~7mm beads.

TurquoiseCoral.png

And Tahitians!!

- 10-11mm peacock studs from Pearl Paradise.
- 10-11mm aubergine studs from Andrew Moline.
- 10-12mm bracelet from Pearl Paradise.
- Copper strand from Pearl Paradise.
- Silver bracelet from Pearl Paradise.
- Teal strand from Pearl Paradise.
- 10-12mm gem bracelet from Andrew Moline.

TahitiansPP-1.png

TahitianStrands.png

TahitiansMoline.png

A bundle of strands. This pic makes me smile. I don't have many pearls, compared to some PSers' expansive collections! But I do love love love what I've got ❤️

All-1.png

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie the blue Pearl's are just amazing. I adore all of them! The baby blue and baroque blue are from Cees and Takahashi respectively, right? Do you have a sense of which are more blue? I really want blue Pearl's, but dont like the silver/grey colors I see In some of the options online

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie the blue Pearl's are just amazing. I adore all of them! The baby blue and baroque blue are from Cees and Takahashi respectively, right? Do you have a sense of which are more blue? I really want blue Pearl's, but dont like the silver/grey colors I see In some of the options online

Yes!

The Cees babies are more saturated, for sure. They're Vietnamese, and they err more teal. I actually bought several multicoloured strands and took them apart, and used the strongest blues in one bracelet, and I've got the pinks aside for another, and the yellows for a third... Still waiting to be strung...

The Takahashi blues are Japanese and they err more violet/grey (and have a lot more silver). They're huge though!! And still have more blue than most strands. I bought these loose from Takahashi - they're more blue than their prestrung options at the time.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes!

The Cees babies are more saturated, for sure. They're Vietnamese, and they err more teal. I actually bought several multicoloured strands and took them apart, and use all the blues in one bracelet, and I've got all the pinks aside for another, all the yellows for a third... Still waiting to be strung!
The Takahashi blues are Japanese and they err more violet/grey (and have a lot more silver). They're huge though!!

Super helpful, thank you!!! All are lovely:)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie sorry to keep bugging you, but do you mind taking a pic of the baby blue bracelet being worn and sharing your wrist size? Cees has more of this size/color but I'm afraid it will look silly on me haha

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
A few pics from a couple months ago that I don't think I ever shared ::)

Akoya!

- Baby blue and baby multi from Cees.
- Two 8-8.5mm gem white bracelets (Hanadama) from Andrew Moline.
- 6-6.5mm gem white bracelet (Hanadama) from Andrew Moline.
- 8.5-9mm Hanadama strand from Pearl Paradise.
- 8-8.5mm Madama bracelet from Pearl Paradise.
- 11-12mm baroque blue bracelet from Pure Pearls + Takahashi.
- Station pearl and diamond rope in RG from Andrew Moline and Whiteflash.
- Station bracelet from Mikimoto (Cherry Blossom line).
- 7-7.5mm Hanadama studs from Pearl Paradise.
- 9.25-9.5mm white studs from Mikimoto (AAA).
- 9.5-10mm Hanadama studs from Andrew Moline.
- 9.0-9.5mm blue studs from Takahashi.

AkoyaStrands.png

Akoya-Multi.png

AkoyaBlue-1.png

AkoyaChains&Studs-1.png

Studs - with a few WSS WIPs missing. I also want a pair of larger, lighter-body Tahitians. Moline the Tahitian Man is on the hunt for me!!

- 9.5-10mm Hanadama from Andrew Moline.
- 9-9.5mm blues from Takahashi.
- 7-7.5mm Hanadama from Pearl Paradise.
- 9.25-9.5mm Mikimoto AAA.
- 10-11mm peacocks from Pearl Paradise.
- 10-11mm aubergines from Andrew Moline
- 10-11mm GSS from Pearl Paradise.

Earrings-4.png

My very few FW. I love the souffle dangles, they're so big and so light ::)

- AAAA white bracelet from The Pearl Source.
- Two baby black FW and two baby white FW from little h.
- Emerald Grotto dangles by little h.
- Souffle dangles from Etsy (I don’t recall the shop… It may not even exist anymore!

Freshwaters.png

Earrings-3.png

SoC :bigsmile:

SOC-1.png

Coral and turquoise - the spacers are 14 rose gold and I desperately need to restring :eek-2:

The coral is from two strands, one purchased as salmon and one as “angel skin”. Ain’t nothin’ angel skin about either strand! I do like the stronger peachy colour on me. The turquoise is Sleeping Beauty, ~7mm beads.

TurquoiseCoral.png

And Tahitians!!

- 10-11mm peacock studs from Pearl Paradise.
- 10-11mm aubergine studs from Andrew Moline.
- 10-12mm bracelet from Pearl Paradise.
- Copper strand from Pearl Paradise.
- Silver bracelet from Pearl Paradise.
- Teal strand from Pearl Paradise.
- 10-12mm gem bracelet from Andrew Moline.

TahitiansPP-1.png

TahitianStrands.png

TahitiansMoline.png

A bundle of strands. This pic makes me smile. I don't have many pearls, compared to some PSers' expansive collections! But I do love love love what I've got ❤️

All-1.png

"Don't have many pearls"

WOOF! I think I am actually salivating.

I think the SoC are my personal faves. I just can't get enough of anything rainbow. I also really like those little multicolor and blue babies from Cees!

We can trade collections if you think yours is too meager anytime muahah :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie sorry to keep bugging you, but do you mind taking a pic of the baby blue bracelet being worn and sharing your wrist size? Cees has more of this size/color but I'm afraid it will look silly on me haha
Of course no problem!! I saw Cees posted some Vietnamese babies on IG today :love: ::)

It is really dainty. I don't wear it solo, I like my pearls big :bigsmile: But it's such a great stacking piece!! Makes whites pop, makes other blues look blue-er, works great as a neutral beside my tahitians and SoC... I strung them on Pattye's Cyan thread.

My wrist is just under 6". I took these about 7:30pm, fading daylight.

AAA_LD_2.png

AAA_LD_1.png

With multicolour babies (also from Cees) and some B&W FWs. I like this stack a lot. The bigger FW are from The Pearl Source - I don't much like this strand TBH, pearls have a sort of greenish overtone, but it works this stack. The two pairs of small FW are all from Hisano - she has these adorable baby ball clasps. Only in YG, and they take a bit of getting used to, but they're SO cute!!

AAA_LD_3.png

AAA_LD_4.png

I shared this a few months ago - I have actually worn this stack out of the house :twisted2::devil:Re-copying them here as they're much better visuals of the blues in bright sunlight. The bigger round blues closest to hand are Madama from Japan - they read silvery erring violet IRL. The big baroques are from takahashi and they're somewhere between the babies and the Madama on colour - clealry more saturated and more teal than the Madama but also clearly less vivid than the babies. All the whites in these pics akoya (not FW).

1629591514520.png

1629591523724.png

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of course no problem!! I saw Cees posted some Vietnamese babies on IG today :love: ::)

It is really dainty. I don't wear it solo, I like my pearls big :bigsmile: But it's such a great stacking piece!! Makes whites pop, makes other blues look blue-er, works great as a neutral beside my tahitians and SoC... I strung them on Pattye's Cyan thread.

AAA_LD_2.png

AAA_LD_1.png

With multicolour babies (also from Cees) and some B&W FWs. I like this stack a lot. The two pairs of small FW strands are all from Hisano - she has these adorable baby ball clasps. Only in YG, and they take a bit of getting used to, but they're SO cute!!

AAA_LD_3.png

AAA_LD_4.png

I shared this a few months ago - I have actually worn this stack out of the house :twisted2::devil:Re-copying them here as they're much better visuals of the blues in bright sunlight. The bigger round blues closest to hand are Madama from Japan - they read silvery erring violet IRL. The big baroques are from takahashi and they're somewhere between the babies and the Madama on colour - clealry more saturated and more teal than the Madama but also clearly less vivid than the babies.

1629591514520.png

1629591523724.png

I am imagining those blues in a long rope :lickout:
But then there would be none left for anybody else :lol-2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AAA_LD_2.png

AAA_LD_1.png

With multicolour babies (also from Cees) and some B&W FWs. I like this stack a lot. The bigger FW are from The Pearl Source - I don't much like this strand TBH, pearls have a sort of greenish overtone, but it works this stack. The two pairs of small FW strands are all from Hisano - she has these adorable baby ball clasps. Only in YG, and they take a bit of getting used to, but they're SO cute!!

AAA_LD_3.png

AAA_LD_4.png

I shared this a few months ago - I have actually worn this stack out of the house :twisted2::devil:Re-copying them here as they're much better visuals of the blues in bright sunlight. The bigger round blues closest to hand are Madama from Japan - they read silvery erring violet IRL. The big baroques are from takahashi and they're somewhere between the babies and the Madama on colour - clealry more saturated and more teal than the Madama but also clearly less vivid than the babies. All the whites in these pics akoya (not FW).

1629591514520.png

1629591523724.png

The big blue ones are SO GOOD!!! But the small ones are more saturated. Sigh .

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The big blue ones are SO GOOD!!! But the small ones are more saturated. Sigh .

You need both :halo:

Edit - Cees’ babies are ravishing next to SOC. I wear the little easter egg stacker with my SoC all the time. Just saying. :bigsmile:

Last edited:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

AAA_LD_2.png

AAA_LD_1.png

With multicolour babies (also from Cees) and some B&W FWs. I like this stack a lot. The bigger FW are from The Pearl Source - I don't much like this strand TBH, pearls have a sort of greenish overtone, but it works this stack. The two pairs of small FW are all from Hisano - she has these adorable baby ball clasps. Only in YG, and they take a bit of getting used to, but they're SO cute!!

AAA_LD_3.png

AAA_LD_4.png

1629591514520.png

1629591523724.png

I just love those babies! I am learning that I love dainty bracelets. You rock the big pearls, though! And those big blues are just wonderful. I love how colorful baroques are.

I must say, those teal blues pearls just are luminous on your skin tone! Hope that isn't a tactless comment...I love blue pearls, but I need to ones leaning violet / grey because of my blindingly white, pink skin. Those complementary colors are not cute. I am envious of how you carry anything green!

I may get some teal ones anyways one day, even knowing it isn't the most flattering...for now, I'll admire them on PS!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Cerulean light blue-green pearls are seriously literally the ONLY colour that looks better on me than my Germanic other half :lol: Every single other pearl I own - he wears better! It drove me crazy. Still does. But at least now I can put some blues on and comment loudly about how they look amazing on me, in multiplicative (he just rolls his eyes) :lol:

Japanese blues would work nicely for you, I think! They err away from green - more toward violet. Colour is less saturated but they're also always just *nicer* pearls - better surfaces, sharper luster...

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
@Cerulean light blue pearls are seriously literally the ONLY colour that looks better on me than my Germanic other half :lol: Every single other pearl I own - he wears better! It drove me crazy. Still does. But at least now I can put some blues on and comment loudly about how they look amazing on me, in multiplicative :lol:

LOL! The grass is always...bluer?!

Your warmer toned Moline strand also looks stellar on you. Not that ALL of your pieces don't look great, some just...hum. I imagine my complexion is very close to your SO's, I bet you wear that better too, no?

That's so funny, though. We always want what we don't have. There are certain colors that just tend to flatter some people more than others. As I wear more colored stones, I am becoming attuned to my "palette". I may scribble outside of the lines occasionally, but not for everyday pieces.

I'm especially envious of the neutral-toned beauties out there who look good in all of the colors of the rainbow!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bluer - indeed LOL!! I share your envy of people with more neutral colouring. Lucky creatures!

@icy_jade posted this in another thread - https://www.the16types.info/vbullet...81dbc221c7c1&p=1231792&viewfull=1#post1231792

I'm either a Dark Autumn or a True Autumn. Closer to Dark Autumn I think. I can't say I've done a great job buying for my colouring, all said and done. But I promise (myself) I won't buy any more blue sapphires, they won't ever work on me :???:

My other half is a Light Summer. Pretty much the opposite of me! He was actually really easy to type from those palettes. And the sapphires look fab on him, of course. :boohoo:

Last edited:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Bluer - indeed LOL!! I share your envy of people with more neutral colouring. Lucky creatures!

@icy_jade posted this in another thread - https://www.the16types.info/vbullet...81dbc221c7c1&p=1231792&viewfull=1#post1231792

I'm either a Dark Autumn or a True Autumn. Closer to Dark Autumn I think. I can't say I've done a great job buying for my colouring, all said and done. But I promise (myself) I won't buy any more blue sapphires, they won't ever work on me :???:

My other half is a Light Summer. Pretty much the opposite of me! He was actually really easy to type from those palettes. And the sapphires look fab on him, of course. :boohoo:

Oh, that chart is amazing! I love studying this stuff.

I think the Autumnal palettes are so lush...but would all look poorly on me!

I am definitely Soft Summer or Light Summer. Hence my love of blue sapphires, greys, and cool-toned neutrals and pinks.

As much as I'd love a red RED ruby...well, luckily for my wallet, they'd never suit me.

Thanks for sharing!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pfffff ;)2
Ive never seen this chart and will make a point of avoiding it at all cost :lol:

Although i know i look better in Autumn tones my pasty reflective white skin is happy to wear any colour my gem budget extends to
(I have redicoulssly small pieces so these rules dont apply if one basically needs a loup to see them :boohoo::boohoo::lol::lol-2:)

I naturally reserve the right to change my mind If my pearl collection gets serous ($$$)
But i have been known to talk through a hole in my head on many an occasion :lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

I went and had a long look (lockdown is so boring)
I have learnt i have no colour perception - i can't even tell if i have blue veins or green
This should come as no surprise as on PS i like all those orange, pink and red stones with brown undertones and all the blue saphires that look grey to other people ! And here i have been blaming my phone !

....ill get my hat and be off

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You need both :halo:

Edit - Cees’ babies are ravishing next to SOC. I wear the little easter egg stacker with my SoC all the time. Just saying. :bigsmile:

Weellllll I broke down and bought both a necklace and bracelet from Cees. Oops. It's been the worst week, so I just couldn't stop myself from getting some blue happy Pearls :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Weellllll I broke down and bought both a necklace and bracelet from Cees. Oops. It's been the worst week, so I just couldn't stop myself from getting some blue happy Pearls :)

Pics when they come in! :cool2:

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
Can someone please post the website for Cees as I'm loving these blue akoya babies but I don't know how to find Cees

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Can someone please post the website for Cees as I'm loving these blue akoya babies but I don't know how to find Cees

http://www.amsterdampearls.com but this website isn’t updated with any frequency as to stock. Your best bet is to see what is posted on Instagram or otherwise send him an email. Instagram: cees_van_oije

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

website was given by another poster, but note it isn't updated frequently. I would email him directly or DM him on instagram (handle also given below). He's much more active there.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
He originally sent me this pic of all of them, and I noted that not all had that pure blue look I was after.

IMG_20210823_001644_410.jpg

So he replaced ~20 of the less blue ones.

They arent here or even strung yet, but wanted to share this pic of all of them in a bag.
IMG_20210827_121357_271.jpg

Ermahgawd!!! So pretty!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look at all those baby blues… ❤️❤️❤️ He’d better stock up, I think once you share what you do with them he’s going to be getting a lot of requests!! Heck I want more too! o_O

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results