shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Pearls!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These ever-so-slightly rosy white babies are on their way and I am soooo excited! :kiss2: My first pearl studs I've bought!

They are 7mm gem quality Akoyas from @molinePDG , who was ever-patient and answered all of my questions! I can't wait to buy more in the future and will post ear shots!

CC5DF5CF-968A-4901-928A-5DFBCE1C52F4.JPG
DDE24C68-9FE5-42E6-BB8E-4AD8BB852A19.JPG
F78DEC99-9B97-442B-AE80-4559D7DBAE5C.JPG

20628FF1-20F9-4DE3-84C1-7176AE6B0E3E.JPG

Girl. You cannot just slide these into the 46th page of this thread. :eek-2::cool2::love:
Deets!! More pics!!!
When do you expect to get them?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Girl. You cannot just slide these into the 46th page of this thread. :eek-2::cool2::love:
Deets!! More pics!!!
When do you expect to get them?

Maybe I should do a separate thread when they arrive Thursday?

I am soooooo excited :shock: :mrgreen:

they were apparently an order for someone else originally who passed on them - but I scored! I was hunting for petite blue akoya studs, which will take ~6-12 months to source. I like pink pearls, and thought these were lovely - not strong pink, but subtle, gorgeous pink overtone and described as “top luster”

When I saw these babies, I couldn’t say no! I’m supposed to be on a ban..but, uhhhh *cough* here we are!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe I should do a separate thread when they arrive Thursday?

I am soooooo excited :shock: :mrgreen:

they were apparently an order for someone else originally who passed on them - but I scored! I was hunting for petite blue akoya studs, which will take ~6-12 months to source. I like pink pearls, and thought these were lovely - not strong pink, but subtle, gorgeous pink overtone and described as “top luster”

When I saw these babies, I couldn’t say no! I’m supposed to be on a ban..but, uhhhh *cough* here we are!

Looking forward to Thursday (well possibly Friday for me)

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Those are so pretty. I love that some of them are bi-colored pearls which adds so much interest to the strand. I wish I had the wavy hair that you have. I kinda have wavy hair but the front and sides can be wavy to curly but the back is partly straight. If I had your waves I would choose a haircut like yours.
Thank you LLS :) The Tahitians with multi colors are fun. I love them for every day casual.
My hair was still wet from the shower in that picture. The grey natural hair is still new to me. The waves are the same, but all of the texture behaves differently in its natural grey state. It's been a curious journey.

Got all my piercings open today after a good couple of years hiatus
So a bit red and sore
And excuse the non matching earings but it was a matter of what i could get in there

Anyway my pink fresh water i brought from the mall jewler a couple of years back
They match the multi stand i have that doesn't quite fit

you can guaretee (on both) i over paid and they arnt great pearls but they are nice and smooth and a subtle useful colour
20210118_150722.jpg
D&D I love the pearls! They are a great size for you and look nice! Are they a 7-8 mm?
You asked about your Mom's beautiful pearl and sterling bracelet and I found this:
Hope that works for you!

These ever-so-slightly rosy white babies are on their way and I am soooo excited! :kiss2: My first pearl studs I've bought!

They are 7mm gem quality Akoyas from @molinePDG , who was ever-patient and answered all of my questions! I can't wait to buy more in the future and will post ear shots!

CC5DF5CF-968A-4901-928A-5DFBCE1C52F4.JPG
DDE24C68-9FE5-42E6-BB8E-4AD8BB852A19.JPG
F78DEC99-9B97-442B-AE80-4559D7DBAE5C.JPG

20628FF1-20F9-4DE3-84C1-7176AE6B0E3E.JPG

These are BEAUTIFUL! Please do load up the thread or a new thread with ear shots. I love them. What a lovely rose overtone!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
MMtwo I Totally relate regarding the grey :mrgreen2:
Dont know why this post looks so weird either :doh:
Thank you LLS :) The Tahitians with multi colors are fun. I love them for every day casual.
My hair was still wet from the shower in that picture. The grey natural hair is still new to me. The waves are the same, but all of the texture behaves differently in its natural grey state. It's been a curious journey.

D&D I love the pearls! They are a great size for you and look nice! Are they a 7-8 mm?
You asked about your Mom's beautiful pearl and sterling bracelet and I found this:
Hope that works for you!

These are BEAUTIFUL! Please do load up the thread or a new thread with ear shots. I love them. What a lovely rose overtone!

Thank you @MMT
The braclete was dad's present to mum on their 25th wedding anniversary
It only just fits me
mum's family have tiny hands and feet - mine are tiny but also wide :(2
Speed-brite looks a goer !

I like the chalk idea to keep tarnish off silver
It's so soft it must be safe and its so cheap too to try it out on my silver earings

I think they are a smidge smaller ?
i can't find my calipers so i have no idea the size but once i find them at least now i will have an idea what's what

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Speaking of mum's pearls for the first time ive been able to wear her earings
They are a slightly bigger than yesterday's
I had them converted to studs from clip ones
i wish i had thought to just get them put on hooks - studs are so uncomfortable for me
the jewler did tell me as they were drilled all the way through so he would have to use a tiny silver bead

the lady behind the desk told me (twice) they wern't very good pearls but i see no difference between them and what i brought from the mall jewler :rodent: So its all relative and at least i have a starting point !

And its more sentimental value than anything

I must say compaired to the pink mall ones these are really comfy
the post is quite long but not too thick and instead of a butterfly he's used a plastic stopper thing
These didn't hurt to sleep on

not that i plan to make a habit of sleeping in them
20210120_200116.jpg

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds, how to contact you privately?
Do you happen to have any Loupetroop listing?
I have a type of powder that removes tarnish/oxidation & yet poses no damage to pearls. I am more than happy to mail to you =)2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds, how to contact you privately?
Do you happen to have any Loupetroop listing?
I have a type of powder that removes tarnish/oxidation & yet poses no damage to pearls. I am more than happy to mail to you =)2

On loup troop im Daisy
(surprisingly it was not taken )

I wish we could pm here

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wore my new Tahitians and long blue Akoya strand today. I've got one more strand of Akoya's coming and one bigger strand of Tahitians that should arrive tomorrow. After that I am posting sticky notes throughout the house that say "Do not buy anymore pearls!"

IMG_7758.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wore my new Tahitians and long blue Akoya strand today. I've got one more strand of Akoya's coming and one bigger strand of Tahitians that should arrive tomorrow. After that I am posting sticky notes throughout the house that say "Do not buy anymore pearls!"

IMG_7758.jpg

Lovely! Can I ask what size mm your Tahitians are?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_7758.jpg

I love the two strands together!
It's a nice balance and looks very sophisticated!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @stracci2000. I really like how your new strand has a cool, silvery tone. That will look great with anything and everything you wear.

@MakingTheGrade -Thank you. The Tahitians are 9-12mm. I almost forgot to add I am excited for more updates on your akoya/Tahitian ombre necklace. That is going to look spectacular with your grey diamond pendant.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

IMG_7758.jpg

Lisa! This is scrumptious! I love the colors together!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
So, this new fw necklace is huge and heavy. I love the weight of it. It's completely over the top...so yeah. I'm going to wear it to sit around wearing no make up and cut off leggings. Cause I have nowhere to go. Worn with wss buttons.

20210124_114300.jpg

Last edited:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So, this new fw necklace is huge and heavy. I love the weight of it. It's completely over the top...so yeah. I'm going to wear it to sit around wearing no make up and cut off leggings. Cause I have nowhere to go. Worn with wss buttons. 20210124_114300.jpg

Your buttons work so well as earrings; they’re the perfect shape!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Your buttons work so well as earrings; they’re the perfect shape!

Thank you. I enjoy them very much and they do sit easier than big rounds on my ears.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So, this new fw necklace is huge and heavy. I love the weight of it. It's completely over the top...so yeah. I'm going to wear it to sit around wearing no make up and cut off leggings. Cause I have nowhere to go. Worn with wss buttons.

20210124_114300.jpg

They look fabouse
Love the buttons too
Im sure you will all be very haopy together
I love the baroque drop and the delicate colour variations of the necklase

May i enquire the size of the necklase pearls please !

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
They look fabouse
Love the buttons too
Im sure you will all be very haopy together
I love the baroque drop and the delicate colour variations of the necklase

May i enquire the size of the necklase pearls please !

Thank you so much Daily and Diamonds! I will tell you anything you may want to know.
The smallest pearl is 11mm, and the largest in the front (not counting the large baroque pearl) is 13.2. The front pearls are not very uniform in size, they are 12.6 and 13.2 on either side of the drop. The large (hubby and I cannot tell the exact color...lemon? gold?) light-colored drop pearl is a 21mm x 31mm.

Name this color?

Attachments

• 20210124_154356.jpg
    20210124_154356.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 20210124_154342.jpg
    20210124_154342.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 10
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results