shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Pearls!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Again I would like to thank Andrey and Ali for creating this forum for us!
slider_yourock.gif

And as the title says...

Show me your pearls!  Details would be much appreciated too!

I would start us off but I don't have anything much to show, so I am looking forward to all the lovely pearl candy belonging to some of our PS ladies!
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Skippy I love yours - I need to check out pearlparadise!

Here are mine. Unfortunately I really don't know anything about them. The pearl strand was originally my grandma's, who gave it to my mom, who gave it to me. A year or so ago the string snapped so I had them restrung and the clasp replaced - I haven't worn them much so the string is still a bit stiff.

The ring I got at a local jewelry store in my hometown a few years ago.

The studs were my mom's and she gave them to me years ago (both sets).

BEGPearlStrand1.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Yessss! I am loving the new addition!! AND the beautiful pearls posted by skippy and BEG!

Here''s my pearls that I''ve shown in the wedding thread - first up, my add-a-pearl necklace. It was started by my godparents when I was baptized and slowly grew over the years, until just a few inches were needed right before my wedding. As a little girl, I wanted the necklace very small and delicate, so I kinda regret that now, but I love how it grew with me - and my mom always brought them out during special occasions in my life, so I have photos in them throughout my childhood/young adulthood. A couple of the pearls in the necklace were brought back from my grandfather when he served in WWII - but I don''t know which ones, sadly.
7.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, all these pearls are fabulous, love them Browneyedgirl, Cleopatra and Elmorton
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've often wondered if people ever finished add-a-pearl necklaces. I've considered getting one for my niece, but I figure the cost will be less if I just buy her one when she graduates...I'm happy to see that people DO in fact finish them and get joy out of wearing them:)

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
And these are my baroques... there's a bit of a story here. My mom found an e-bay seller who was selling pearls for insanely low prices, and she bought a ton of them as fun jewelery. I fell in love with this set so Mom just gave them to me, since she had purchased some other similar pieces. I know literally nothing about pearls, but I think they're "real" (they're very heavy and some of them have flaws, and they feel like baroques that I've seen in stores). Anyway, regardless of quality/authenticity, I love wearing these because of how they feel on (and I love the chunky style compared to my other pearls).

Elmortonbaroque.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 7:19:19 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I''ve often wondered if people ever finished add-a-pearl necklaces. I''ve considered getting one for my niece, but I figure the cost will be less if I just buy her one when she graduates...I''m happy to see that people DO in fact finish them and get joy out of wearing them:)

You''re definitely right about that - the cost is considerably more when you''re buying pearls by the inch and then having them restrung each time. The jeweler who sold my godparents the necklace/where my mom bought the inches of pearls to add always puts pearls on a pretty significant sale during June, so every couple of years, Mom would buy the pearls then. But even with the timing, it wasn''t really cost effective.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
WoW! I love those!!! I think they''re also called potato pearls. LOVE THEM!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 7:26:25 PM
Author: Elmorton
And these are my baroques... there's a bit of a story here. My mom found an e-bay seller who was selling pearls for insanely low prices, and she bought a ton of them as fun jewelery. I fell in love with this set so Mom just gave them to me, since she had purchased some other similar pieces. I know literally nothing about pearls, but I think they're 'real' (they're very heavy and some of them have flaws, and they feel like baroques that I've seen in stores). Anyway, regardless of quality/authenticity, I love wearing these because of how they feel on (and I love the chunky style compared to my other pearls).

Wow, those are awesome, I love baroques!

30.gif

I loved reading the storys behind the pearls too
12.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love this pendant. It was an ebay special. It''s a baroque pearl with white gold accents and little diamond chips.

pearl pictures hh 013final.JPG

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
2 small grey strands. One is slightly longer than the other so I double them to make a 2-strand look.

pearl pictures hh 017FINAL.JPG

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
another shot of the necklaces

pearl pictures hh 019FINAL.JPG

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
small white strand

pearl pictures hh 020final.JPG

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
vintage white strand from ebay. These need to be worn so they warm/luster up a bit.

pearl pictures hh 022final.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results