shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Pearls!

Just received my pastel multicolour SS back from restringing and I think it made a big difference! I removed the central two pearls that were quite square and squat in shape (plus two more in the back) and had knots inserted between each pearl.

I’m very pleased with the end result and think I’ll make learning how to restring pearls a summer project!

IMG_0895.jpeg(Before on the left, after on the right. The necklace was shortened by about 1.5 inches)
IMG_0892.jpegIMG_0894.jpegIMG_0893.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0895.jpeg
    IMG_0895.jpeg
    245.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0892.jpeg
    IMG_0892.jpeg
    542 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0894.jpeg
    IMG_0894.jpeg
    516.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0893.jpeg
    IMG_0893.jpeg
    388.4 KB · Views: 16
I gave my mother a pair of drop diamond & WSS pearl earrings (Annie Case) that were too heavy; pearls were 12mm with .30 cts diamonds.
I wanted to replace them, so bought a pair of 10mm with .15 cts WSS earrings from an Australian pearl farm and I’m really happy. Had to buy their 18k silk cable chain too, for pendants.

IMG_5957.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5958.jpeg
    IMG_5958.jpeg
    274.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_5964.jpeg
    IMG_5964.jpeg
    202.4 KB · Views: 42
Thank you Andrey and Ali for this subforum
35.gif

I bought this necklace, earrings, and bracelet from Pearl Paradise, mine are 8mm and they are white with a silver/pink overtone.
thread -----> https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-valentines-pearls.108845/

IMG_1129.JPG

IMG_1136.JPG

I don't have any, but these are very beautiful, splendid

Hi everyone! I’m new here but I’ve been following this website for a while. I’m obsessed with golden south sea pearls! Here are my GSS studs, circled strand, and pendant all from Andrew Moline (expensive yes but he really is fantastic). I had the pendant set separately by my jeweller. As for the strand, at first, circled pearls weren’t my thing but this strand made me fall in love.

I’m thinking of doing a cocktail ring next but worried about constantly banging and damaging a beautiful ring on my finger. What do you all think?

IMG_2674.jpeg

IMG_1384.jpeg

Here is my collection of all the pearl jewellery I've beaded myself, with my latest piece that I also made some earrings for, she comes in at 4.5 feet long and was so much fun to make!20240630_180113.jpg

Here is my collection of all the pearl jewellery I've beaded myself, with my latest piece that I also made some earrings for, she comes in at 4.5 feet long and was so much fun to make!20240630_180113.jpg

i am very impressed
with the lovely long strand dodyou attach a clasp or not ?

Hi everyone! I’m new here but I’ve been following this website for a while. I’m obsessed with golden south sea pearls! Here are my GSS studs, circled strand, and pendant all from Andrew Moline (expensive yes but he really is fantastic). I had the pendant set separately by my jeweller. As for the strand, at first, circled pearls weren’t my thing but this strand made me fall in love.

I’m thinking of doing a cocktail ring next but worried about constantly banging and damaging a beautiful ring on my finger. What do you all think?

IMG_2674.jpeg

IMG_1384.jpeg

@deeliluhr these GSS are beautiful! Is the pendant design inspired by a Jewelmer piece? (asking because...I might have just purchased that same one! :lol:)

Also, if you dont mind my asking, how long did it take for Andrew Moline to source the pearls for your strand? Did you have specifics you were looking for, or did you kind of roll with availability? I am thinking a GSS strand might be next on my list in the coming months...have become a bit obsessed after trying one on recently!

for some reason the photo with my pearl collection didn't attach, here it is411a32e2-7766-4bda-8b34-dcc3e9f84289.jpg

Love it! Are the pearls sourced from vintage strands?

I'm gonna say 20 years - ish? It's small. There weren't many to choose from back in the day.

I didn’t realise SoC had been farming for that long! It’s a lovely size :mrgreen2:

IMG_2674.jpeg

IMG_1384.jpeg

Hi @deeliluhr , these look gorgeous on you!

Would you mind posting a close up photo of your strand? They are such a beautiful colour :kiss2:

As for a cocktail ring, I’m afraid I can’t comment as I haven’t trusted myself to get a pearl ring due to the issues you described, but I think for a cocktail ring (ie you’d only wear it on occasion), I think it would be fine?

Wearing my mismatched 16.5mm studs and a strand of 7-7.8mm tiny Tahitians from @Pearlescence

I’m enjoying the contrast in size between the large studs and the tiny Ts!

ETA - please excuse the patch of baby drool on my shoulder :lol-2:

IMG_2452.jpegIMG_2451.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi @deeliluhr , these look gorgeous on you!

Would you mind posting a close up photo of your strand? They are such a beautiful colour :kiss2:

As for a cocktail ring, I’m afraid I can’t comment as I haven’t trusted myself to get a pearl ring due to the issues you described, but I think for a cocktail ring (ie you’d only wear it on occasion), I think it would be fine?

Thank you so much @Pomelo <3 This is actually my 2nd strand. The 1st one, I found out later on was dyed!!! I'm still in the middle of a case with the vendor as they assured me the color was natural and now they are ignoring me and have refused to refund the item.

As for the cocktail ring, I took the plunge since I was able to find a loose pearl not so expensive and went ahead and asked my local jeweller to design it into a cocktail ring. Yes, you are right, I will probably not be able to wear it often as it would be quite a pain to be so careful... I can't wait for her to finish it though!

Here's a closeup of the strand as requested. :)strand.JPG

@deeliluhr these GSS are beautiful! Is the pendant design inspired by a Jewelmer piece? (asking because...I might have just purchased that same one! :lol:)

Also, if you dont mind my asking, how long did it take for Andrew Moline to source the pearls for your strand? Did you have specifics you were looking for, or did you kind of roll with availability? I am thinking a GSS strand might be next on my list in the coming months...have become a bit obsessed after trying one on recently!

Thank you @Civnhasy <3 The pendant design is a classic Y necklace setting but yes I think Jewelmer has a similar one but longer and using a drop shape. I use this one more than the strand for sure since it's more versatile and casual. But I do love the strand though when I want to have a statement piece or for more formal wear. It's good to have both! :P2

Andrew was actually pretty fast. It took him just a little over 2 weeks from the time I told him I wanted a strand til the time he found this one for me. I gave him my budget and what my priority was. I couldn't ask for everything (color, shape, luster, size, etc.) without blowing up the price so in this instance I prioritized the color as I wanted it to be pretty close to the existing studs I already had from him. Then he showed me a around 4-5 options and we went with this one (of course he also gave me advice which one he thought was the nicest and that's what I went with). I have been in love with it since and finding more ocassions to wear it. :kiss2:

Thank you so much @Pomelo <3 This is actually my 2nd strand. The 1st one, I found out later on was dyed!!! I'm still in the middle of a case with the vendor as they assured me the color was natural and now they are ignoring me and have refused to refund the item.

As for the cocktail ring, I took the plunge since I was able to find a loose pearl not so expensive and went ahead and asked my local jeweller to design it into a cocktail ring. Yes, you are right, I will probably not be able to wear it often as it would be quite a pain to be so careful... I can't wait for her to finish it though!

Here's a closeup of the strand as requested. :)strand.JPG

Such a beautiful colour, thank you for sharing!

Wow I can’t believe what happened with your first strand! Out of interest, how did you find out it was dyed? Fingers crossed for a quick solution…!

Just moved 8 boxes of my stuff out of my parents' house, and wow they kept everything! Most are embarrassing things I won't go into, but I found a batch of the very first pearls I owned.

These are tiny FW pearls I would find in my food when I visited grandparents in Asia. ( we literally would spit them out lol) My grandma would get upside because she believed that clams carrying pearls tasted less tender, but I would be escatic and treasured them like gods gift to men.

IMG_7387.jpeg

Just moved 8 boxes of my stuff out of my parents' house, and wow they kept everything! Most are embarrassing things I won't go into, but I found a batch of the very first pearls I owned.

These are tiny FW pearls I would find in my food when I visited grandparents in Asia. ( we literally would spit them out lol) My grandma would get upside because she believed that clams carrying pearls tasted less tender, but I would be escatic and treasured them like gods gift to men.

IMG_7387.jpeg

Oh my gosh, wow, so these are natural freshwater pearls? Out of interest, how big are they (mm)?

Are you tempted to have them drilled and strung? =)2

Oh my gosh, wow, so these are natural freshwater pearls? Out of interest, how big are they (mm)?

Are you tempted to have them drilled and strung? =)2

They are super tiny (1-3mm)and with lots of blemishes. My grandma used to tell me that these can only be powdered.

Left to right:
- Pinkish 6.5mm Akoya studs from PS to just dip my toes when I first learned about Akoyas
- Blueish silver 8.5-9mm Akoya pair from Andrew Moline
- Keshi 8mm WSS studs from Autore
- Button 9mm department store FW pearls from years ago - first gift from SO

pearls2.jpg
pearls1.jpg

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP