shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me.. your OWD Custom Settings

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
I did a search to see if anyone has custom settings from OWD - and I know they do (dont they?!) - but I couldn't find any! I found a few recommendations to go to them, but no actual pictures or written accounts. Can anyone show me some work they have had done by OWD or tell me about their experience?

Thanks!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Adam's bench CAD/cast a replica setting for me - it was modeled after the original Leon Mege "Boston Jeff" setting on here.

P1000294.jpg

P1000293.jpg

P1000295.jpg

P1000296.jpg

I originally thought I was going to go completely custom and had a CAD made up for another style of ring. I changed my mind and decided to go simple, considering we had less than a week to have the setting made entirely. I discussed, through email only, what I was wanting with Adam, who clearly understood. I was happy to let him proceed completely unassisted. The ring was CAD/cast/finished/set in 3 business days.

It came out exactly as I wanted. Adam understood the concept perfectly and it was executed flawlessly. The polish is perfect, the double prongs are just right - not too delicate, not too prominent. My LM prongs are smaller on my ering, but I think that is entirely related to stone sizes - LM was setting a 1.73, while Adam's bench was handling a 4.65. Smaller prongs would make me feel as if the stone were not properly secured. Both my LM and OWD stones are set as low as possible, with perhaps the OWD being a shade lower.

The only thing I would change about the whole process and finished product is: I'd like a manufacturer's mark. My LM has an item number and logo on the inside of the band, which helps with insurance coverage to ensure I could replace like with like. I'd really love OWD to develop a maker's mark to put on their settings, so I could prove who manufactured it. :))

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I love that setting, justginger! Can't wait to see more OWD settings. Anyone have one with fishtail prongs?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bumping in the event there are other OWD settings out there....

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am considering OWD's bench(s?) for a custom three stone.
with the oft given advice to gravitate towards a jeweler/bench who already excels in the look/type of ring you are going for-
Looking for more examples of OWD's custom /replica work, please?
Thanks!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I'm thinking of having them match my stone for earrings and set them for me. I'd love to see any of their work. Fingers crossed!

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They have done my earrings, my three stone and my most recent ring. The earrings and three stone were custom by their bench and the most recent one was an antique setting which they found and restored for me. I will post photos of the three stone when I get it out of the safe deposit box. I think they did a great job on all the pieces! They’ve always been quick as well.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Rfisher, I recommend OWD without hesitation. My cluster ring was created by OWD and it is beautiful. They did a great job. Super comfortable ring and Adam made it work for my ever changing swelling fingers.

oecclusterandhrh.jpg.png

elizat

Ideal_Rock
And here is the video he did of my three stone ring on Instagram. His video is much nicer. I definitely recommend Adam.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqQMa_aAkWC/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1cgm9nrbaytyd

This is the original setting he did for me and the center stone of my now three stone- which he picked out based on my budget and wish list. It was a delicate and pretty setting and exactly what I asked for, but ultimately I wanted something larger.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUh0zTqlpum/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=17tjdqxty86pq

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi @Rfisher, I recommend OWD without hesitation. My cluster ring was created by OWD and it is beautiful. They did a great job. Super comfortable ring and Adam made it work for my ever changing swelling fingers.

oecclusterandhrh.jpg.png
What is the diameter of your ring Missy? I think you said 13mm? I’m thinking I like that size!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I follow OWD, I think they post beautiful stones and rings and I wouldn't hesitate to try them if and when I go for my OEC stone :)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I follow OWD, I think they post beautiful stones and rings and I wouldn't hesitate to try them if and when I go for my OEC stone :)
I looked there but didn’t see one already made. I know they can make one but I’m hesitant because I’m picky..:roll2:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You_Doodle_2019-01-24T04_12_47Z.jpg You_Doodle_2019-01-24T04_13_20Z.jpg IMG_1279.JPG
Ooh look! Erstwhile has this antique (sold) ring that's prefect for my stones. Initial idea of @Niel ( thanks for being kind enough to be ok with my idea!) solitaire proportions transformed into a three stone, I just couldn't visualize how it would work with smaller sides.
It'll be OWD's crown 8 and crown 6 ring design smooshed together in a three stone.
Decision made!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results