shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your OEC solitaire and wedding ring sets

flossey1991

Rough_Rock
I am in the process of buying a 3 ct solitaire old european cut diamond ring , stone colour L/K in platinum and am wondering could it be worn with a full diamond platinum band wedding ring with F/G colour diamonds or would it not look right. Please show me pics of your sets.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What size are the stones in the band you are talking about? You really can't see the color in tiny stones, but if they are larger, I don't think it would be a good idea.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am in the process of buying a 3 ct solitaire old european cut diamond ring , stone colour L/K in platinum and am wondering could it be worn with a full diamond platinum band wedding ring with F/G colour diamonds or would it not look right. Please show me pics of your sets.

I do not like the color difference between a larger lower colored diamond and higher color melee. It bothers me. But as @diamondseeker2006 wrote if it is small enough it might not bother you. We all have our preferences and it would be best for you to see the difference in person to decide if it wouldn't matter to you or if the contrast would bother you. I wear lower color single cuts with my OEC (GIA J) and the difference is negligible and I prefer that look. Single cut diamonds IMO go better with old cut ER diamonds. But there is no right or wrong. It's what you prefer.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AEB4D7AA-1F29-474E-AC72-75E42A3B2133.jpeg
This is what I wear regularly.
3 carat K OEC. single cut eternity band.

One of my very favorite sets of all time. Swoon!:kiss2:

flossey1991

Rough_Rock
I do not like the color difference between a larger lower colored diamond and higher color melee. It bothers me. But as @diamondseeker2006 wrote if it is small enough it might not bother you. We all have our preferences and it would be best for you to see the difference in person to decide if it wouldn't matter to you or if the contrast would bother you. I wear lower color single cuts with my OEC (GIA J) and the difference is negligible and I prefer that look. Single cut diamonds IMO go better with old cut ER diamonds. But there is no right or wrong. It's what you prefer.
Thanks for your advice I will have a look round and try some

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t have any photos, but I tried on a couple of MRB bands with my OEC, and to me, they just didn’t look right. I think the single cut bands look good, they just seem to compliment the old cuts.

flossey1991

Rough_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results