shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Neck Mess

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is a neck mess, you ask? It’s exactly what it sounds like. Think Mr. T but not quite as heavy. The layered look. Let’s see your layers! I’m working on mine…I have 2 more pendants coming in soon. Right now I have an emerald/Diamond crescent moon and a compass/evil eye charm made with turquoise, diamonds, and an emerald on 14k paper clip chains. I’ve been giving Alex Park (and Heather), Katmojojewelry, and Anne Sisteron some love and paper recently.
6CBAC590-C219-4477-B674-7FB29D1AA533.jpeg

Attachments

• 396B4240-9791-4434-AEAF-C44D13F383E9.jpeg
    396B4240-9791-4434-AEAF-C44D13F383E9.jpeg
    203 KB · Views: 30
  • DB871F9D-52EC-42B6-BD82-4D92D19F50DC.jpeg
    DB871F9D-52EC-42B6-BD82-4D92D19F50DC.jpeg
    201.9 KB · Views: 31

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
im learning
have only ever done one really sussesful lawering and it was a rope of pearls doubled up twice with my champaign diamond enhancer on its gold chain
of course i cant show you beacuse it was pearls

am working on a minimilistic (can layering be minimnal ?) silver lariamr pairing but im waiting on my new phone to arrive (old one died) and ive misplaced my box of larimar

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
im learning
have only ever done one really sussesful lawering and it was a rope of pearls doubled up twice with my champaign diamond enhancer on its gold chain
of course i cant show you beacuse it was pearls

am working on a minimilistic (can layering be minimnal ?) silver lariamr pairing but im waiting on my new phone to arrive (old one died) and ive misplaced my box of larimar

It can be whatever you want it to be

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is a neck mess, you ask? It’s exactly what it sounds like. Think Mr. T but not quite as heavy. The layered look. Let’s see your layers! I’m working on mine…I have 2 more pendants coming in soon. Right now I have an emerald/Diamond crescent moon and a compass/evil eye charm made with turquoise, diamonds, and an emerald on 14k paper clip chains. I’ve been giving Alex Park (and Heather), Katmojojewelry, and Anne Sisteron some love and paper recently.
6CBAC590-C219-4477-B674-7FB29D1AA533.jpeg

Stunning! That crescent is 2die4.

collier

Shiny_Rock
I was walking with my husband in our small town, and a woman who had channeled Dame Judy was rocking the IRL neck mess of my fantasies. She had stacked a dbty type, with a VCA pendant and an other something with a chunky chain and possibly something else. It was a brief but highly rewarding moment as she walked towards us. I love seeing pieces in the wild...

Currently, I have a lovely diamonds solitaire, but one day strive for a neck mess!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was walking with my husband in our small town, and a woman who had channeled Dame Judy was rocking the IRL neck mess of my fantasies. She had stacked a dbty type, with a VCA pendant and an other something with a chunky chain and possibly something else. It was a brief but highly rewarding moment as she walked towards us. I love seeing pieces in the wild...

Currently, I have a lovely diamonds solitaire, but one day strive for a neck mess!

I am seriously considering a VCA vintage alhambra pendant. :wall::lol-2:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do you keep them untangled?

Mine aren't getting tangled so far. I think because the links of my chains are large and because they're spaced far enough apart (I think I have a 16" and a 20", I can't remember now). And then just...don't move. :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This isn’t me but I’ve had this saved for ages! I wouldn’t do the hand (I don’t know what it’s called) but the way it’s put together fascinates me! I love the pearls with it but I would be afraid they would get scratched.
B1311018-47FC-4D9E-AACB-E86D2A19B336.jpeg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This isn’t me but I’ve had this saved for ages! I wouldn’t do the hand (I don’t know what it’s called) but the way it’s put together fascinates me! I love the pearls with it but I would be afraid they would get scratched.

That one is FUN! The hand is called a hamsa and is a sign of protection for many. I actually have one coming from Alex Park in a couple days!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
That one is FUN! The hand is called a hamsa and is a sign of protection for many. I actually have one coming from Alex Park in a couple days!

I need protecting! I’m getting one! Please show us yours when it comes!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need protecting! I’m getting one! Please show us yours when it comes!

hahaha me too! I'll definitely post when it arrives.

Oh, and the pearls would worry me as well. I have a couple strands of smaller, what I believe are dyed freshwater pearls (I thrifted them--they're individually knotted with sterling silver clasps) in brown and gray that I've been mixing in. Katmojojewelry does a lot of gemstone bead necklaces with either 14k gold or gold filled findings depending on what you want to spend. I might add a couple of those here and there for funsies!

Last edited:

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock

Love this! So stylish, yet casual, as if it just happened ( don’t know how to explain it exactly)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a few links in case anyone's interested. The second one has a bit of discussion on the tangling problem. Layering necklaces is nothing new; I remember doing it in the 90s and I'm sure people did it at different times. It's just fun that it has come back into style again. I love the look. One of the headlines I saw was the neck mess is the new arm party and listen, I'll do both at the same time. Ha!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love seeing everyone's layered necklace look. I cannot figure it out myself but love the eye candy. Great idea for a thread. Can't wait to see more.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Here are a few links in case anyone's interested. The second one has a bit of discussion on the tangling problem. Layering necklaces is nothing new; I remember doing it in the 90s and I'm sure people did it at different times. It's just fun that it has come back into style again. I love the look. One of the headlines I saw was the neck mess is the new arm party and listen, I'll do both at the same time. Ha!

OMG I NEED the gummy bear! (last photo in the first article you posted). Does anyone know who makes it?

Screen Shot 2022-08-28 at 10.31.11 PM.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love this! So stylish, yet casual, as if it just happened ( don’t know how to explain it exactly)

Exactly! It looks effortless..casually put together. Some people have that knack. I don’t..unfortunately..I will copy this…:bigsmile:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
hahaha me too! I'll definitely post when it arrives.

Oh, and the pearls would worry me as well. I have a couple strands of smaller, what I believe are dyed freshwater pearls (I thrifted them--they're individually knotted with sterling silver clasps) in brown and gray that I've been mixing in. Katmojojewelry does a lot of gemstone bead necklaces with either 14k gold or gold filled findings depending on what you want to spend. I might add a couple of those here and there for funsies!

I do have an old pearl necklace with small pearls that I purchased in my 30’s. I know they’re not good but no idea what they are..I remember paying $600 for the necklace. This was a long time ago..lol They’re hand knotted but don’t have a sheen..I’ll post it when I get back to Pa. Maybe someone can tell me how bad they are. I’ll wear them with my messy neck! Perfect! :lol:

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Exactly! It looks effortless..casually put together. Some people have that knack. I don’t..unfortunately..I will copy this…:bigsmile:

They are so lucky to have a natural eye for style. I am going to study these to see what I need to add to my mess to up its game. I can already see that I need a chunkier chain, or a dbty.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results