shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Neck Mess

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Today's mess. Lol, I went to an antique jewelry store today and looked at a few chains. The guy helping me said, "that looks exactly like the one you have on." I've never had a salesperson be the voice of reason!

20221008_115129.jpg

i love it Gussie
what is the bottom pendent ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, it's an antique pool of light/rock crystal locket in 14k. It's one if my favorites!
so rock crystal or pool of light
i love it !!!
does it open and what is in there ? ;)2

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
My first attempt at “the neck mess”. Which way do you prefer? Paper clip at bottom or in the middle? Man, do I need a face/neck lift! :roll2:

Both ways are beautiful, just different looks.

I adore your diamond pendant! Do you have a thread on it? I'd love to know more about it.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Both ways are beautiful, just different looks.

I adore your diamond pendant! Do you have a thread on it? I'd love to know more about it.

Thanks @RunningwithScissors. I don’t have a thread on it. It’s kinda been one of those projects where I set the stone in the setting (Stuller) and then later added the marquise dbty because I felt like it was missing something. Now, it’s perfect and I wear it frequently!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first attempt at “the neck mess”. Which way do you prefer? Paper clip at bottom or in the middle? Man, do I need a face/neck lift! :roll2:

Beautiful! I prefer it in the middle but looks gorgeous either way!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
let me see if i can find ,ine on here somewhere
my mall jewler champiagn diamond enhancer (its actually quite nice ) 20220531_103401.jpg

this is more a random comment
but i saw an older lady with my enhancer pendent yesterday
she had a much thicker chain which i didnt like as much
but the actual pendent looked really good
so i guess as far as overpriced mall purcheses go i must be happy with it

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday's mess 20221013_114807.jpg

Such a great flow! When I started this thread I was looking for inspiration and so many of you have COME THROUGH! I want mine to be messy but also cohesive, and I think you nailed the cohesive part. I now challenge you to add a couple more layers and see what happens mess-wise. lol

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a great flow! When I started this thread I was looking for inspiration and so many of you have COME THROUGH! I want mine to be messy but also cohesive, and I think you nailed the cohesive part. I now challenge you to add a couple more layers and see what happens mess-wise. lol

Thanks! I usually draw the line at 3 with different size chains. When I have on more than one thin chain necklace, they tangle too much and it makes me crazy. So I guess my mess is strategic. Does that even make it a mess? :)

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

@Gussie Could I please ask the size or weight of your collet diamond in this picture? It looks the perfect size the layer with other pieces or standalone - a real goldilocks, middle ground size. I LOVE these pieces together!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Gussie Could I please ask the size or weight of your collet diamond in this picture? It looks the perfect size the layer with other pieces or standalone - a real goldilocks, middle ground size. I LOVE these pieces together!

Thanks lissyflo! The collet pendant is 0.68 carats, in all its wonky glory lol. It was a bit of an impulse buy and isn't cut that well but I wear it all the time. It isn't attached to the chain so it can also be used as a charm for dog clips.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I usually draw the line at 3 with different size chains. When I have on more than one thin chain necklace, they tangle too much and it makes me crazy. So I guess my mess is strategic. Does that even make it a mess? :)

I think you’re layered, not messy. (And that’s also fabulous!) I have only one thin chain so I’m not too worried about tangling. I’d like to add a couple of those gemstone beaded strands at some point for more color and texture, myself. And then I look at the VCA thread and think, wow, I could give up the mess and buy a single elegant piece…but nah, not right now. I’m having fun with this look.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks lissyflo! The collet pendant is 0.68 carats, in all its wonky glory lol. It was a bit of an impulse buy and isn't cut that well but I wear it all the time. It isn't attached to the chain so it can also be used as a charm for dog clips.
Thank you for the info, it’s really helpful! I love the idea of something that can be used on a chain or as a charm.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
18kt with 10 stones, .50 total weight

Hi @siamese3 ! I am looking to repurpose my half eternity band into a dbty station necklace. The stones are 5 pointers also. I love the look of yours, so I was wondering if you would tell me:

What width is your chain? It looks like a great size in relation to the bezels on this size stone.

Mine will be a 16" with 12 stations. Do you have your stones evenly spaced along the whole length of the chain, or extra space at the back? I read in another thread about culets poking the back of the neck, but wonder if the bezel of this size stone "covers" the culet.

Thanks in advance!!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock

Oh Gussie! Now I have found even more that me have in common! You are a bad ( or I would say good ;-) influence on me! I have to confess I bought the same belcher chain and extender as you, and now I have to know more about your crescent moon. Please! Length, diamond ctw, and only if you are comfortable- where you got it. I have been searching high and low. The size is perfection, I love it! Thank you @Gussie

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Gussie! Now I have found even more that me have in common! You are a bad ( or I would say good ;-) influence on me! I have to confess I bought the same belcher chain and extender as you, and now I have to know more about your crescent moon. Please! Length, diamond ctw, and only if you are comfortable- where you got it. I have been searching high and low. The size is perfection, I love it! Thank you @Gussie

Thanks @peppermintpatty! It is a gorgeous piece. It is quite substantial though (4.8 ctw) and I really don't wear it that often. I feel a bit self-conscious when I do. My husband gave it to me a few years ago for Christmas and he got it from JbGrace. I had the pin removed. Grace card report LJ1260 6-14-2019 (2).jpg

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @peppermintpatty! It is a gorgeous piece. It is quite substantial though (4.8 ctw) and I really don't wear it that often. I feel a bit self-conscious when I do. My husband gave it to me a few years ago for Christmas and he got it from JbGrace. I had the pin removed. Grace card report LJ1260 6-14-2019 (2).jpg

Your husband did a fabulous job choosing your Christmas gift!!! I love that its 2.25" long. Perfect. You have to of course do what you are comfortable with, but in your picture it looks just beautiful. Not too much, just beautiful! Thank you for sharing your information, that was very kind and generous of you. I will continue the hunt or I may end up going with Singlestone. Thanks again @Gussie

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes they really surprise you! I told DH EXACTLY what I wanted - an antique 14/15k watch chain. I have seen so many that are 9k but I know it's not as easy to find them in 15k. He really did great! 20201225_142422.jpg

It's perfect, 15k and 22" long. I was very pleased. And then I was completely overwhelmed when a "charm" was attached!

20201225_142454.jpg 20201225_142508.jpg 20201225_142500.jpg
This brooch/pendant is stunning!
4.8 ctw, antique cushions, J/K VVS/VS in 18k gold.

I just can't believe he picked this out!!! He's definitely learning and he's a keeper!

Your husband did a fabulous job choosing your Christmas gift!!! I love that its 2.25" long. Perfect. You have to of course do what you are comfortable with, but in your picture it looks just beautiful. Not too much, just beautiful! Thank you for sharing your information, that was very kind and generous of you. I will continue the hunt or I may end up going with Singlestone. Thanks again @Gussie

@peppermintpatty, thanks!

I attached the thread on the crescent brooch. You will get a kick out of it. DH is not into jewelry at all; doesn't even notice it. But sometimes he surprises me!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
@peppermintpatty, thanks!

I attached the thread on the crescent brooch. You will get a kick out of it. DH is not into jewelry at all; doesn't even notice it. But sometimes he surprises me!
@Gussie too funny, our husbands are the exact same way about jewelry! Those kind of surprises are the best and mean the most. I love that he did that for you. For not being into jewelry he picked the most beautiful brooch I have ever seen! He is most definitely a keeper!!!! Thanks for sharing that, I definitely got a kick out of it, put a big smile on my face!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results