shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your medium Pink Tourmaline rings!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Gemobsessed Thanks!! It has some purple-ish dark flashes but otherwise it is a nice bright pink, no orange tones at all. I'm not wearing it today, but here's a photo I took a few weeks ago. The first photo I posted was the designer's studio shot. The surrounding stones are white sapphire and diamonds, they really make the color pop I think!
tourmaline5.jpg
Very nice ballerina setting! That is such a pretty pink too.

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Gemobsessed Thanks!! It has some purple-ish dark flashes but otherwise it is a nice bright pink, no orange tones at all. I'm not wearing it today, but here's a photo I took a few weeks ago. The first photo I posted was the designer's studio shot. The surrounding stones are white sapphire and diamonds, they really make the color pop I think!
tourmaline5.jpg

It’s such a wonderful and warm colour! Before PS I couldn’t even have imagined the variations of pink there are. Now the problem is how do I own each one! Could you share who the vendor was for the gem?

jewelsforalltosee

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Gemobsessed I purchased the gem from Paraiba International more than a few years ago. Just got around to having it set last year! I love all the variations in color in all CS! It makes it so fun to collect :D

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Gemobsessed how sparkly are tourmalines?

I ordered one, for the colour (won't be seeing it for a while) but I want to manage my expectations in terms of sparkle as they have a lower refractive index than sapphires and I don't really find sapphires sparkly.

hehe need to prepare myself since I have stumbled on super sparkly stones by pure accident (zircons, chrysos etc).

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Gemobsessed how sparkly are tourmalines?

I ordered one, for the colour (won't be seeing it for a while) but I want to manage my expectations in terms of sparkle as they have a lower refractive index than sapphires and I don't really find sapphires sparkly.

hehe need to prepare myself since I have stumbled on super sparkly stones by pure accident (zircons, chrysos etc).

Hello!
I think I have more tourmalines than any other stones in my collection. But they are not as sparkly and you are correct in that assessment. The reason why I buy them is basically because to me they have the best colours! And to compensate for the less sparkly factor I make sure they are incredibly well colour (as many facets as possible) and a LIGHTER brighter richer colour. Those are rare but can be found, I have several :)
I stress on lighter because that’s key. I saw the lovely green you bought. If it’s a deep step cut it should be sparkly enough but it won’t be as sparkly as say a Portuguese cut or brilliant round cut. Usually I am ok with that personally.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_7814.jpg Here's another one I own in a squarish halo showing you don't always have to put a cushion or square in one. It's from the same Nigerian batch as the one I posted earlier, but a lighter tone. It does not shift color.

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_7814.jpg Here's another one I own in a squarish halo showing you don't always have to put a cushion or square in one. It's from the same Nigerian batch as the one I posted earlier, but a lighter tone. It does not shift color.

It’s absolutely gorgeous!! Such a pure pink. Mine should arrive any day now, can’t wait

Reactions: T L

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
20180227_134318.jpg I can never photograph mine accurately. It's a bright light baby ish pink but an awesome colour shifter. It's got secondary peach and purple but never goes brown.

Under incandescent light it's a pad colour I'd love to own...

Pics under various indoor lighting situations but they all show too much peach. All my pics also show the colour darker/ deeper then it is; in reality it is a baby pink with purple secondary before peach. You'd never guess it from the photos though! So attatching the least, least representative one. Oh and yes my ring is dirty.

Screenshot_20180227-132339.png

Ok closer to real life pic: that's ended up right at the top of this post. Ok.

Attachments

• 20180227_132126.jpg
    20180227_132126.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
20180227_134318.jpg I can never photograph mine accurately. It's a bright light baby ish pink but an awesome colour shifter. It's got secondary peach and purple but never goes brown.

Pics under various indoor lighting situations but they all show too much peach. All my pics also show the colour darker/ deeper then it is; in reality it is a baby pink with purple secondary before peach. You'd never guess it from the photos though! So attatching the least, least representative one. Oh and yes my ring is dirty.

It remind me of a pink peach spinel I have! It’s a great setting too :kiss2:

Such a unique colour for tourmaline, thanks so much for sharing :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LOVE this color @T L :love: Pinkalicious.

Reactions: T L

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The color is awesome. Pink, peach and some purple. The triple P threat. And the setting is PPPerfect. LOVE.:love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tourmaline5.jpg

Wow gorgeous ring. :love: So elegant and feminine. Beautiful!:appl:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im so glad i found this thread!!!
All of these stones are 'Pretty In Pink'!!! So Pink-a-liscious!!!

Not a ring yet but soon will be. I was so excited I had to share. Got this from Litnon. I had to... It's my birthstone for heavens sake.:cool2:

It's only 7.5mm. DK will do a double halo for me. Yum!

48680_2.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results