shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your medium Pink Tourmaline rings!

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

I have accumulated a lot of round gems between 6 to 8mm particularly two lovely pink Tourmalines-7mm and 8mm ! They are pure pink to peach pink and there’s no red tinge in them.

I’m looking for inspiration other than bezel settings (because my jeweller says that’s risky). With medium pink Tourmalines do you usually set in white gold or rose gold? What kind of baskets do you have to make the design look richer? I’d love for us to do a show and tell!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would do yellow gold since they shift to a peachy color. if you do white metal, the peachy color may end up more brown looking. This is my pink tourmaline in white gold, but it doesn't shift color. It is a setting idea though.

IMG_7813.jpg

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would do yellow gold since they shift to a peachy color. if you do white metal, the peachy color may end up more brown looking. This is my pink tourmaline in white gold, but it doesn't shift color. It is a setting idea though.

IMG_7813.jpg

Oh wow that’s gorgeous!! Thanks for the idea. I guess yours is a proper rubellite if it doesn’t shift colour?

I have a pure pink that’s on the way I’m hoping it doesn’t shift colour either! But I have one that’s peachy for sure. I will evaluate yellow And rose gold for it then. I hadn’t considered the impact on white on peach.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a pure pink that doesn’t shift. Set in antique WG.

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Found these after a search, for setting ideas.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
EB8D0150-E77B-4B18-95DE-0CD074B7BA4C.jpeg 7955036D-34CF-4CD1-B2EA-DDD14E3FDE1F.jpeg 0F431263-3D8D-43F7-A1BC-DA6F8B030F17.jpeg Mine is a rubellite, set in platinum. The jeweller had a little accident with the stone when it had to be set, but luckily the damage was only minor and it could be recut. So I second the idea of not bezel setting your stone.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
THUD! All so delicious or may I say PINKalicious! LOVE. @Acinom your entire collection is TDF Gorgeous.:love::love::love:

@tonysgeko just beautiful!

@T L BEAUTIFUL!

@chrono please share a photo of your pink beauty!

@Gemobsessed ooh good luck! I cannot wait to see what you do with your pinkalicious stones! I love white gold but rose could be amazing too...depends on the pink tones involved and also what looks best on you.

Last edited:

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
EB8D0150-E77B-4B18-95DE-0CD074B7BA4C.jpeg 7955036D-34CF-4CD1-B2EA-DDD14E3FDE1F.jpeg 0F431263-3D8D-43F7-A1BC-DA6F8B030F17.jpeg Mine is a rubellite, set in platinum. The jeweller had a little accident with the stone when it had to be set, but luckily the damage was only minor and it could be recut. So I second the idea of not bezel setting your stone.
I always thought this was a purple garnet! In any case, it’s gorgeous!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

IMG_7813.jpg
That is neon! Wow!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 8.5mm round Pink Tourmaline - mine also is a pure pink that doesn't shift - set in a 14kt WG 6-prong Solstice Bombe solitaire ring - I don't have a photo of my ring but here's a pic (larger than life lol!) of the setting courtesy of Stuller:

Stuller - 6 prong Solstice bombe setting.jpg

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
5F7A0D50-31EE-4D11-901E-C79C6A2046BA.jpeg 1C03AF65-9031-4A16-BFEA-08FF56B32D6C.jpeg
Thank you! This is my purple garnet, set in an Alistair Kelsey setting
You’re welcome! I love them both! I can see how I got your two beauties confused.:)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow that’s gorgeous!! Thanks for the idea. I guess yours is a proper rubellite if it doesn’t shift colour?

I have a pure pink that’s on the way I’m hoping it doesn’t shift colour either! But I have one that’s peachy for sure. I will evaluate yellow And rose gold for it then. I hadn’t considered the impact on white on peach.

Thank you!

Rubellite is red tourmaline, so I don't think this stone is considered a rubellite. It's a hot pink color (Nigerian).

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have three pink tourmalines set in silver, white gold, and yellow gold. I think white gold looks the best. You asked about a richer look - I would do diamond accents. Here are a few pictures of my rings.

IMG_5334 (2).JPG

IMG_5267 (2).JPG
IMG_7543 (2).JPG

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have three pink tourmalines set in silver, white gold, and yellow gold. I think white gold looks the best. You asked about a richer look - I would do diamond accents. Here are a few pictures of my rings.

IMG_5334 (2).JPG

IMG_5267 (2).JPG
IMG_7543 (2).JPG
Great! That does it. Now I need a pink tourmaline. Yours are all really pretty. They are so different that they don’t “compete” with each other.

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous!! I’ve never seen such a rubellite! Who made this fabulous ring ?

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
B9230A6E-2D9A-4F30-AA6B-18416CA74985.jpeg
THUD! All so delicious or may I say PINKalicious! LOVE. @Acinom your entire collection is TDF Gorgeous.:love::love::love:

@tonysgeko just beautiful!

@T L BEAUTIFUL!

@chrono please share a photo of your pink beauty!

@Gemobsessed ooh good luck! I cannot wait to see what you do with your pinkalicious stones! I love white gold but rose could be amazing too...depends on the pink tones involved and also what looks best on you.

Missy thank you and you’re right there are just so many shades of pink it totally depends! I am looking forward to receiving this one. Here’s a pic but I’m sure it will be better in person

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Great! That does it. Now I need a pink tourmaline. Yours are all really pretty. They are so different that they don’t “compete” with each other.

Haha totally! I’m just accumulating shades of each colour at this point because to me they really are all different and all amazing !

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

IMG_5334 (2).JPG

IMG_5267 (2).JPG
IMG_7543 (2).JPG

I MUST plagarize your lovely basket - the yellow gold one... but I’ll do it in WG

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is extremely shifty but I love it. It can be baby pink, peachy pink, purple pink, purple (direct sunlight) I went with white gold over yellow. 2nd image is the vendor image. its extremely well cut which I believe plays up the color play a lot. Its an 8mm cushion.
1tourm5.jpg arcafganpinktourmaline.jpg P1060486.jpg
P1060587.jpg
P1060570.jpg

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mine is extremely shifty but I love it. It can be baby pink, peachy pink, purple pink, purple (direct sunlight) I went with white gold over yellow. 2nd image is the vendor image. its extremely well cut which I believe plays up the color play a lot. Its an 8mm cushion.
1tourm5.jpg arcafganpinktourmaline.jpg P1060486.jpg
P1060587.jpg
P1060570.jpg

Your tourmaline looks so familiar. It’s gorgeous, who is the vendor?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your tourmaline looks so familiar. It’s gorgeous, who is the vendor?

The vendor was Gemline that I purchased from in I believe 2009ish. Being it was quite a while ago, I went back and looked at notes on this stone. (old age GAWD!!)

its a 7mm stone (not 8) 1.74ct Afghani Pink that I set it late 2010. Setting is a LOGR legacy style 18K upgraded diamond setting. Not sure what they're like now but back then they were substantial.

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm pretty sure you've seen mine before, but here it is again just in case :D I personally love yellow gold with pink.
tourmaline4.jpg

Its gorgeous! Could you post a face up shot of the gem? Does it shift much?

jewelsforalltosee

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Gemobsessed Thanks!! It has some purple-ish dark flashes but otherwise it is a nice bright pink, no orange tones at all. I'm not wearing it today, but here's a photo I took a few weeks ago. The first photo I posted was the designer's studio shot. The surrounding stones are white sapphire and diamonds, they really make the color pop I think!
tourmaline5.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results