shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your matching sets

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
I have nothing very special that deserves to be shown on this thread. Only 2 sets, the Macy's sort of jewelry. But they both are very precious to my heart. My daughter gave me the set with tanzanites. She started making money as a violin teacher at the age of 18, so she was buying jewelry without any knowledge. Just random beautiful and shiny pieces she was able to afford. The only set she ever bought was this one that she gave me as a present. I never wore it but I will! My husband bought me the set with onyx. I needed some sort of elegant fine jewelry for the occasion and the set came to my mind as an example of what sophisticated ladies of my age would be wearing in public. Wore it only a few times since 2003. I want to be cremated wearing this set. Unless one of my granddaughters says she wants it. My daughter approved the idea of my ashes being melted with this set, the indication that she doesn't want it for yourself:). IMG_1849 (2).JPG IMG_1853 (2).JPG

I love your onyx set. I have to say that Macy's jewelry has a special place in my heart. When I was just out of college (23 years ago), a boyfriend gave me a pretty opal set from Macy's, but I pawned it when I needed money during law school (he was my ex by then). I wish I still had that little set. The wedding set I bought yesterday is a Macy's find, and I just love it.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
I love your onyx set. I have to say that Macy's jewelry has a special place in my heart. When I was just out of college (23 years ago), a boyfriend gave me a pretty opal set from Macy's, but I pawned it when I needed money during law school (he was my ex by then). I wish I still had that little set. The wedding set I bought yesterday is a Macy's find, and I just love it.

Thank you for your kind words! I am happy to know that you got the great set from Macy's. Enjoy it!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Most of my jewelry collection consists of white metal pieces (platinum, gold, designer silver), but over the past few years I've been adding to my yellow gold collection slowly. The only "problem" was that my wedding set and anniversary bands are platinum, so they didn't match my new yellow gold acquisitions.

I've wanted a yellow gold matching wedding set for awhile now. And I mean full on matchy-matchy is what I'm going for. I wanted something affordable, preferably two-tone, and with a floral setting. Yesterday, I ventured out for the first time in ages, and would you believe I found this adorable matching wedding set on sale. I totally love it.

IMG_2832.jpg IMG_2833.jpg IMG_2840.jpg IMG_2838.jpg

Lovely set! Pure beauty and harmony!

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
You have a great collection! Beautiful pieces! Now for the first time here on PS I see a pair of earrings, your hanging round bezels next to the round pendant (diamonds sat in bezels, right?) with the exact type of closure I am looking for long-long time. The Russian type of closure. Did you buy them pre-loved or new ready to wear? Sorry, I hope I am not being rude.

@Musia My jeweler found these settings for me. My husband bought me studs (at a time when I only wore hanging earrings) so my jeweler reset set the diamonds in hanging bezels that he had in stock. After I wore them for about a year, I noticed the bezels were different sizes. These were the most similar he could find and reset them. Funny thing is that there is another person wearing hanging bezel earrings in different sizes (the pairs to my originals).

I have another pair of earrings with the same closure. fullsizeoutput_16c48.jpeg fullsizeoutput_16c49.jpeg

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
@Musia My jeweler found these settings for me. My husband bought me studs (at a time when I only wore hanging earrings) so my jeweler reset set the diamonds in hanging bezels that he had in stock. After I wore them for about a year, I noticed the bezels were different sizes. These were the most similar he could find and reset them. Funny thing is that there is another person wearing hanging bezel earrings in different sizes (the pairs to my originals).

I have another pair of earrings with the same closure. fullsizeoutput_16c48.jpeg fullsizeoutput_16c49.jpeg

Thank you so much for your kind respond! Such a lovely pair! Glad it is possible to find the settings I am looking for.

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
A jewelry friend of mine asked me if I'd ever seen a thread on PS for matching jewelry and since we couldn't find one I thought I'd start one.

Do you have matching jewelry sets / suites? Whether it's matching rings and earrings, matching pendant and earrings, matching ring, earrings, pendants and bracelets. Other jewelry sets? I'd love to see them.

Here are a few of mine.

1st up an EC ring and EC studs. The ring is 1.21 E and the studs are .40 carats each E color as well. EC seems to be my favorite shape.

1589851925206.png

My favorite color of sapphire - the ring is a 1.90 cushion, then pendant is around 1 caraat and I have either dangles or stud earrings to match

1589851970761.png

Next up is my matching pendant and earrings. The pendant is .50 F and the earrings are .25 carat each ACA melee

1589852241887.png

Of course after having a matching WG set I needed a matching YG set. Sadly the pendant's matching earrings were just drops so I found some mountings that went well enough to work as a set. The pendant is .75 carat F and the earrings are .40 carat each F

1589852643178.png

This emerald EC ring was my first fine jewelry purchase. It had a tiny diamond accent; I had a local jeweler put an old 1/2 carat diamond in it's place a few years ago. The emerald pendant was from my DH for our first Christmas and the EC emerald studs were my birthday present last year. The EC emeralds are 3 x 5 mm.

1589852856066.png

Wow, your sets are stunning! YG diamond pendant is on my wish list now.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Also appreciate your looking at the earrings. Never saw such type of closure, it is either unknown or unpopular here in US. I don't know why...The only type I would wear if I had earrings with very valuable stones. Impossible to loose them!

They do look very comfortable and secure. Great design.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So here are a few more of my matching pieces

Most of these pearls are from my husband and he bought them in Hong Kong. I got the bracelet and ring later to match. I totally need to wear those long necklaces; they are pretty cool.

IMG_4953.JPG

My EC RHR and EC studs

IMG_4955.JPG

My rubies. That bracelet was closeout on sale at Sears for $99. Natural rubies that you can see in to but they have great color. The studs were Burma stones that i bought from a gemstone vendor who was in a jewelry store selling to the store.

IMG_4957.JPG

My pink sapphires - oops I cut off the pendant. I thought those dangle earrings resembled the ones @bliing_dream19 has.

IMG_4958.JPG

Rhodolite garnet set. i bought 2 sets of earrings and cut off the post to make the pendant. The garnet was in a jewelers downtown and he had it marked for something like $60. The side PC diamonds were my old studs from Kays.

IMG_4961.JPG

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love blue sapphires - here is my yellow gold set

IMG_4962.JPG

And here is my WG blue sapphires

IMG_4965.JPG

And another band
IMG_4966.JPG

The emerald ring was my first piece of nice jewelry I bought myself after college graduation. It had a small diamond accent on it. I had a jeweler put an old 1/2 carat diamond I had on it. I got the studs a few years ago.

IMG_4969.JPG

Here is my emerald pendant. That was the first Christmas present my husband bought me after we got married.
IMG_4970.JPG

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
@marcy You have a gorgeous collection. Beautiful and wearable pieces that show your great taste as well as your husbands love and care. Thank you for starting this thread!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy You have a gorgeous collection. Beautiful and wearable pieces that show your great taste as well as your husbands love and care. Thank you for starting this thread!

Thank you @Musia

i am really enjoying seeing everyone's jewelry. PS making the world more beautiful one piece of bling at a time. :D

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
So here are a few more of my matching pieces

Most of these pearls are from my husband and he bought them in Hong Kong. I got the bracelet and ring later to match. I totally need to wear those long necklaces; they are pretty cool.

IMG_4953.JPG

My EC RHR and EC studs

IMG_4955.JPG

My rubies. That bracelet was closeout on sale at Sears for $99. Natural rubies that you can see in to but they have great color. The studs were Burma stones that i bought from a gemstone vendor who was in a jewelry store selling to the store.

IMG_4957.JPG

My pink sapphires - oops I cut off the pendant. I thought those dangle earrings resembled the ones @bliing_dream19 has.

IMG_4958.JPG

Rhodolite garnet set. i bought 2 sets of earrings and cut off the post to make the pendant. The garnet was in a jewelers downtown and he had it marked for something like $60. The side PC diamonds were my old studs from Kays.

IMG_4961.JPG

I love your sets and their history. This thread is my happy place.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @mommylawyer

I look forward to seeing more sets

H

Horsegirl76

These sets are all so gorgeous! Love this thread!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your collection is really beautiful! I love them all.

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
I don’t have any sets but I’m thinking I might need some. This thread is thrilling! Keep them coming.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results