shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your M, N, O colored diamonds!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's my AVC. It's a 3.0 N VS2, cut by Yoram--and it is a true chameleon. Its tone is the color of champagne or butter pending on the light. I truly adore it. Could not decide what I wanted, too many beautiful settings out there, & so I went with a Sholdt setting. Did not like it, so now its at CvB. I just don't have the experience with settings to really understand the potential ring design elements can have on the impact of the appearance of the diamond & overall look. I am so paralyzed with indecision. In concept, I love the design direction this ring is taking, just hope I love it on my hand!! Here's some pics of the stone in its Sholdt setting showing the impact environmental color has on its face up reflection:
IMG_2024.jpg IMG_2496.jpg
IMG_2792.jpg IMG_2694.jpg
Hi @sarahb Did you start a thread on settings? I love the stone but you're right. The Sholdt does not do your stone justice.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi @sarahb Did you start a thread on settings? I love the stone but you're right. The Sholdt does not do your stone justice.
Thanks for your suggestion LLJ--I just haven't. I am in true paralysis. Caysie has had my ring since early May.

I'm not a jewelry designer, & have not a clue nor the experience to create a design for all the elements (shoulders, gallery, shank, donut, sides (or not/shape/color), halo (or not/size/color) to come together to create the look you're trying to achieve.

What it really boils down to for me, is opinion, what one wants & likes. And although I'd be grateful to anyone who offers an opinion, I'd still have to decide, & thats where my insecurity lies: making all the final choices. I am in awe of mrs-b & her abilities, and what she's done with her pieces, and all the other glorious pieces we've seen come to life on these pages. I can effortlessly tackle other projects (whole house reno for example), but this one has/had me completely stumped.

Had a nearly 1.5 hour conversation with Caysie this past weekend where she was able to help me 'see' the affect some of the various options (halo/sides/gallery) I was considering. She was fantastic. I hung up & felt more confident in the vision and where it was going. She is a great communicator, which is critical in this process. Am waiting to see one more production she has coming out, & once that happens, I think I'll be ready to start making the bigger choices, gulp. Egads.

I never did a SMTB on that Sholdt setting because I just didn't like it. It was not a good choice. And thats why I'm so nervous about making the CvB setting choices--the Sholdt didn't turn out, & don't want the 2.0 re-set to backfire.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I posted my 2.1 O color AVR loose a couple of pages back, but I thought I'd come back and post the stone in it's new setting by CVB! It was beautiful before, but I love it 10 times more in this setting!

IMG_3458.jpg IMG_3483.JPG

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I posted my 2.1 O color AVR loose a couple of pages back, but I thought I'd come back and post the stone in it's new setting by CVB! It was beautiful before, but I love it 10 times more in this setting!

IMG_3458.jpg IMG_3483.JPG

Wow, that is so beautiful :love::love::love:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Cheryl!!! I've missed you around here! Are you on a cruise now?

Just got back from Alaska. Getting ready for another one in September to the South Pacific, Fiji, New Caledonia, and Vanuatu. Been hanging out on the cruise boards.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just got back from Alaska. Getting ready for another one in September to the South Pacific, Fiji, New Caledonia, and Vanuatu. Been hanging out on the cruise boards.

I'd love to hear about your Alaska cruise if you ever feel like posting about it on Hangout! We probably will do that one in the next year or so.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results