shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your M, N, O colored diamonds!

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
M for magnificent:love: M for marvelous :love: and M for mmmmmm delicious in every way.
Your ring and diamond are just perfect.:appl:
Mmmmmm - love it! Thank you Missy!!

fellys

Rough_Rock
Premium
Here's my M OEC. I love the slight color of it compared to my Round Brilliant J. It is more ivory vs white, softer and warmer (not that J is super white!). IMG_1251.JPG IMG_1263.jpg IMG_1287.jpg IMG_1284.JPG

This is so pretty!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my GIA M OEC (though I think it’s more old miner-ish judging by the cut). In most light settings, it’s usually pretty colorless to my eyes, and I only see an antique-ivory sort of tint or any body color on occasion, but it doesn’t bother me in the least when it shows. I love how it picks up & reflects so much color from the environment (as was the case in my avatar picture) - it’s like having multiple diamonds wrapped up in one. The first two are outdoors; third is indoors.

C21F207B-D240-4302-888D-C7A718C74FD6.jpeg
1B44E536-ED77-433F-97B0-848E4EED81E6.jpeg
67C6CDBC-408E-44F9-BBB9-33C4E6189968.jpeg

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@the_mother_thing -

Can you pls tell me where you got your e-ring? I LOVE it. And the bands also? I've just been through ALL your threads and...nuthin'! Did you end up re-habbing it? (I found that thread!)

I think it's just sooooo beautiful, and it looks perfect on your hand!

And who made that gorgeous SETTING?!?

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Here is my GIA M OEC (though I think it’s more old miner-ish judging by the cut). In most light settings, it’s usually pretty colorless to my eyes, and I only see an antique-ivory sort of tint or any body color on occasion, but it doesn’t bother me in the least when it shows. I love how it picks up & reflects so much color from the environment (as was the case in my avatar picture) - it’s like having multiple diamonds wrapped up in one. The first two are outdoors; third is indoors.

So gorgeous!! I love that high crown!!:love:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b & @paeony Thank you for the kind compliments! :wavey: The diamond came uncert’d from JbG, and Caysie (CvB) rehabbed/certified it when she made her Abby setting for it. The open-style stacker is from James Allen, and I chose it to help prevent the Abby’s basket from rubbing down the delicate milgrain on my wedding band without ‘sausaging’ up my finger. The engraved w-band is +/- 100 years old with the original engraving and super fine milgrain, and it appears to have barely/never been worn; it came from an antique dealer in Pennsylvania. I loved it as soon as I saw it because the engraving pattern and its origin have personal meaning & sentimentality for both hubby & I. The diamond eternity band is also an antique and has all OEC/OMCs (no color specs on those diamonds though), and was an eBay steal/find. I wore it on the outside of my JA stacker & e-ring to help keep the e-ring on during the winter (when my fingers shrink a LOT), but it is also my alt-wedding band for the summer if my fingers swell since it’s a half-size bigger than the engraved band. All four rings are 18K WG.

I probably browsed this and other similiar threads hundreds of times, admiring everyone’s gorgeous pieces in “lower” colors. :love: I know color is a personal tolerance/preference, but I adore it in diamonds and feel it brings a depth, dimension and character to them that I just don’t personally see in the colorless and higher near-colorless ranges. My mother couldn’t believe anyone would own a non-‘colorless’ diamond until she saw mine, then her tune changed rather quickly. :mrgreen2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@the_mother_thing -

The eternity band is lovely - but I'd be sticking it on the other hand and would never take those other three off!! What a gorgeous combo - it's PERFECT!

Does JA still sell that open band? I'd love one of those! (Scratch that - found it!)

Last edited:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@the_mother_thing -

The eternity band is lovely - but I'd be sticking it on the other hand and would never take those other three off!! What a gorgeous combo - it's PERFECT!

Does JA still sell that open band? I'd love one of those!

Thanks so much; I really love the combo as well ... it’s very ‘daily wearable’. Sometimes I do wear the eternity on the right hand, but I usually wear my ruby/diamond band there for a little more color. :mrgreen2:

The JA stacker is still available: https://www.jamesallen.com/wedding-...hite-gold-open-marquise-shape-band-item-59751 I snagged mine when they had their fall sale with 25% off. There are also a ton of other open style bands on Etsy, but this one ticked my boxes b/c I had drawn up a similar design with the intent of having it made before I even knew they existed. And even though the stones are colorless in it, they’re so small that my eyes don’t really detect the color difference.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9E2327D9-A852-4AFB-A94C-8A9C77E5B76B.png B96072C0-37B4-4422-A32C-CA328A23E6DC.png 7C15C405-C0A1-4E98-B126-EB9191D031E7.png Here is my GIA 1.60 VS1 O-P Miss Butter’s, I love the warm colors and flashes .

That is the most butterlicious ring.:love:
So romantic with the chunky facets and old world charm. Swoon!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is so beautiful, I love it :love::love::love:

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
039D5783-06C4-42F2-A35D-A0172F081C1F.jpeg 1201A85D-096B-4BBE-849D-4B1456E2D63E.jpeg F330E17A-30D7-4BEB-84DD-EBA2692D5868.jpeg

I need to take decent pictures of this as these are awful and you can’t tell what it really looks like. This stone was in a cocktail ring that belonged to my husband’s grandmother. We had it removed and put into a classic setting. It was appraised by a jeweler as an O or P but I don’t have a cert on it. There is an open culet and it’s not quite round at 7mm x 7.2mm.

After having it for over 11 years and only wearing it very occasionally (my husband prefers colored stones and doesn’t mind when I swap out sets [I’m lucky - nothing I have would be called extravagant to many PSers but I like to mix it up]), I’ve realized that I like this creamy, wonky stone. As one jeweler said, “No one will ever think that’s a cz - it’s too unique.” I like that!

I’ll read the how to take good pictures of diamond thread to figure out how to take a good shot of it.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
My 2.20 OEC is an AGS O. The yellow gold belcher setting plays up the color, and I've been asked if it's a fancy yellow diamond before. But usually it just appears buttery. I just took the first picture -- I've never captured the yellow in a picture quite so much before.

IMG_4953.JPG fullsizeoutput_1f9b.jpeg

Vanilla Bling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My 2.20 OEC is an AGS O. The yellow gold belcher setting plays up the color, and I've been asked if it's a fancy yellow diamond before. But usually it just appears buttery. I just took the first picture -- I've never captured the yellow in a picture quite so much before.
Ooohh I really love it ! It’s beautiful :love:
IMG_4953.JPG fullsizeoutput_1f9b.jpeg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@phoenixgirl :love: I love your belcher setting, and that it doesn’t look bulky like some belchers. Can you post a side/profile pic as well please? :wavey:

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
The light is not great right now and apparently I don't photograph the profile very much. I'll try to get a better pic tomorrow, but this is the closest one I found. :)

You're right that it's dainty. I gave my husband the standard belcher setting as inspiration, and this is what the jeweler came up with. In the end I'm glad it's slimmer, though I was expecting it to be fatter.
IMG_2501.JPG

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
All of these beautiful rings and luscious warm diamonds make my heart sing. :kiss2:

May I share just the diamond I have for an upcoming project? It’s a 1.20ct. O/P. While it’s not a heavy stone, it isn’t as deep as the typical old mine cushion. The spread is 6.84mm x 6.44mm.

A1504D3F-F614-4DC7-868A-ADE8CEE07C66.jpeg 2E28DF8D-E111-4756-AA49-0BCAA8D19D5B.jpeg E2CD5C7A-DCB1-4303-8E5B-CD959DAFFDD8.jpeg

And, it’ll be the center star of this inspiration ring I’m looking to recreate

4D0F6BF9-E57C-42F0-82D2-46B36923EE9D.jpeg C0968129-8718-4FAD-8D44-1EAC052146B7.jpeg

I’m thinking of setting the stone temporarily so I can wear it a bit while I sort out the design details. If anyone sees one that can work with this stone, let me know!

Last edited:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@phoenixgirl thanks so much! :wavey:

I just managed to snap a pic of my M on my lovely yellow roses in my home office and in my kitchen on my finger (the abundance of natural light in our new home is fabulous for taking bling pics:twisted2:).

I briefly toyed with the idea that - IF when my K-WF ideal ES is here (hopefully this week) and I love it beyond measure - I *might* decide to part with this one ... but I just don’t see that happening anytime soon. :snooty: I think I’ll be perfectly happy having two near-1.5ct diamonds that are both so different from each other to swap out when the mood strikes.

Unedited (except to crop out my dry & cracked hands):
13E245B1-4EA5-4848-B420-575E031091A4.jpeg
6748ECCB-0101-4D71-9835-D6D003196DCA.jpeg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@phoenixgirl thanks so much! :wavey:

I just managed to snap a pic of my M on my lovely yellow roses in my home office and in my kitchen on my finger (the abundance of natural light in our new home is fabulous for taking bling pics:twisted2:).

I briefly toyed with the idea that - IF when my K-WF ideal ES is here (hopefully this week) and I love it beyond measure - I *might* decide to part with this one ... but I just don’t see that happening anytime soon. :snooty: I think I’ll be perfectly happy having two near-1.5ct diamonds that are both so different from each other to swap out when the mood strikes.

I absolutely adore your ring, @the_mother_thing. I think the proportions on your finger are perfect and the stone is so soft and sensual looking.

Gorgeous!

And - did I miss something about a new ring??

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely adore your ring, @the_mother_thing. I think the proportions on your finger are perfect and the stone is so soft and sensual looking.

Gorgeous!

And - did I miss something about a new ring??

:wavey:Thank you; I do adore it as well.

I took the plunge into ideal-cut world a few months ago and bought this WF ExSel K diamond. It’s currently being set in a custom Sholdt setting, and should be finished any day now. :dance:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! Can't wait to see it!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here's my AVC. It's a 3.0 N VS2, cut by Yoram--and it is a true chameleon. Its tone is the color of champagne or butter pending on the light. I truly adore it. Could not decide what I wanted, too many beautiful settings out there, & so I went with a Sholdt setting. Did not like it, so now its at CvB. I just don't have the experience with settings to really understand the potential ring design elements can have on the impact of the appearance of the diamond & overall look. I am so paralyzed with indecision. In concept, I love the design direction this ring is taking, just hope I love it on my hand!! Here's some pics of the stone in its Sholdt setting showing the impact environmental color has on its face up reflection:
IMG_2024.jpg IMG_2496.jpg
IMG_2792.jpg IMG_2694.jpg

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results