shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your M and Under Diamonds Please!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I couldn't find any threads on diamonds that were lower then K/L in one place! I hope this isn't a repeat!

I need inspiration for setting my O-P diamond so I would love to see what others have done! Please share with us your settings!

SB621

Ideal_Rock

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Show Me Your O-P please!

love Love LOVE that O-P, SB! :appl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ladies, love your rings!

had i been able to find an O-P at the time i was looking for an e-ring stone, i may have gone that way instead of with my spess. i looked and no one was dealing them at the time.

i hope more chime in....i'm loving the eye candy! :appl:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Aw, shucks. Thanks, Sarahbear!

I was all excited to post my ring in this thread. :cheeky:

Just for the record: JbEG did not make my ring, my amazing local jeweler, Matt Burdeen of Burdeen's Jewelry, made it. I don't want them to miss out on getting credit for it, because they're amazing.
http://www.burdeens.com

Can't wait to see more O-Ps! There have been several posted in the last year, I'll add them once I remember their owners' names!

And, um, I'm going to need some more details about this O-P you have! What are your thoughts re: settings so far? SO EXCITING!!!!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock

I have an M, not an O-P but I'm lurking about because I LOVE the lower colors. So much depth and character!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

mrs. taylor|1350431728|3286675 said:
I have an M, not an O-P but I'm lurking about because I LOVE the lower colors. So much depth and character!

+1. My unset OEC is a Q/R and I also love the lower colours - I'm a lurker like Mrs.Taylor is! Can't wait to drool over all the lovelies that will soon be on this thread... :love:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

This is an O-P color stone I found on ebay and had for about a week! It was about 8mm, likely over 2ct, and really lovely in many ways but the cut was not right for me.

I was very surprised at how white the stone was. I don't think the body tint was yellow, perhaps grey or another combination of tints, because in some lights it took on a rather "dishwater" greyish-green appearance that I did not enjoy. But in most lighting it just look soft and warm.

From having this stone for a while I learned that you have to go surprisingly low on the color scale to have a diamond that looks really warm and tinted, and I learned how important it is to evaluate each tinted stone on its own merit because tint can take on so many different hues.

I would very very much like to find a really tinted stone with brown or yellow tint, maybe even lower than OP.

070.jpg

_1357.jpg

_1358.jpg

_1359.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Enerchi|1350433311|3286704 said:

+1. My unset OEC is a Q/R and I also love the lower colours - I'm a lurker like Mrs.Taylor is! Can't wait to drool over all the lovelies that will soon be on this thread... :love:

I think you should add it here :)) It is hard to grade stones in the O-P to Q-R range, even for labs! I personally consider anything in that very light yellow range to be similar.

Or Sarabear do you only want to see lab graded O-P stones?

justginger

Ideal_Rock

Thanks for remembering me, armywife! :))

Poppy was appraised by Neil Beaty as an O/P and by my Australian appraiser as an L. Neil saw it unmounted, while the Australian appraiser did not, so perhaps that contributed the difference of opinion.

poppy5.jpg

The setting is very plain, double claw in platinum. If I had a less hands-on job, I would have it set up slightly higher with an open gallery so I could enjoy seeing the little chopped off culet. :love:

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Mrs. Taylor please post your M!!!!!! I would love to see it! I'm going to message the mods to edit my title so everyone knows they are welcome to show their diamonds that are below L.

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D|1350436642|3286745 said:
Enerchi|1350433311|3286704 said:

I think you should add it here :)) It is hard to grade stones in the O-P to Q-R range, even for labs! I personally consider anything in that very light yellow range to be similar.

Or Sarabear do you only want to see lab graded O-P stones?

Post diamonds away! I want to see them all!

MrsM

Shiny_Rock

I love looking at all these warm beauties! Here is mine. It is an EGL M, so probably more like N-O in reality... As you can see, it is fairly white in some lighting but not others.

_1379.jpg

_1380.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Warm colors are so fun! These are my AVC's. The original version was all M's in yellow gold. Then I traded the center M for a bigger L, and now they're set in unplated white gold. Makes a huge difference!

100_3.jpg

100_4205.jpg

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mmmmm, I love this thread.

My stone was graded as an O-P by GIA. I think it will be interesting to compare who graded these stones.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These are just amazing. :love: :love: I love the lower colored stones. I have an EGL N oval (so most likely O-P for GIA) in rose gold. I am going to try and take pics...but I just had to comment on all these beautiful stones.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well it's not a ring but here's my "M". .59ct VS2 with strong blue fluoro.....

_1395.jpg

_1396.jpg

cmsmdiamondpendant6.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Antique cushions reputably appraised as "N"s - not well cut so they do look pretty tinted face-up too -

J-OMCs-6.png
YssieBraceletColourB.png

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my 1.22ct, M color RHR :))

halo.png

halo_2.png

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My N-O in platinum.

oecstairs.jpg

oecside.jpg

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Here's my M, GIA graded. It's in platinum but this won't be the final setting for it. It really changes all the time depending on the lighting. In the photos below, I changed the color of the flowers and slightly changed the light source, leaving the photo angles as close as I could.

m113a.jpg

m113aa.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Ganesha's collection:

Featuring my 1.43 L AVC set in platinum with F/G melee; 2.82 O-P OEC set in rose gold; .53 E OEC also in rose gold; and .80 I modern RB set in platinum

ganesha3.jpg

Attachments

• ganesha.bmp
    879.4 KB · Views: 7,652
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results