shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your loose gemstone collections

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooo....what are you going to do with the Danburite?

I could have swore they were mint Garnets, but, I believe they are Tourmalines now that I think more about it...

So what are the little guys next to the big red oval? Are they reddish? Purple-y?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2008 6:39:44 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Ooooo....what are you going to do with the Danburite?

I could have swore they were mint Garnets, but, I believe they are Tourmalines now that I think more about it...

So what are the little guys next to the big red oval? Are they reddish? Purple-y?
Nothing. I''m keeping it as a collector''s item.

Right!
36.gif

The little guys are red. I have one of them set in a ring (I just posted a photo of the ring). The big red oval''s not a spinel.
31.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ruby?

Where did you post the new ring?

ETA: I found the new ring. Now spill-what is it?!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yea, Harriet. Spill it!!!!!
27.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
French-cut rubies!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooooo!!!! What are you going to do with the other one?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven''t decided. I was going to make it into a 3-stone ring with shield-cut diamond sides, but I may hold out for a blue sapphire sugarloaf.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, Meher - amazing collection!

Here are a few more pics of mine . . . first up, my 1.19 Pad Sapphire.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Next - a happy face of Chrome Diopsides. The rounds are 1.06 tcw and the pear is .78 ct. I''m thinking of setting the diopsides into martini studs to wear with my halo earring jackets, and a small halo for the pear.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
A pair of pear amethysts - 1.4 tcw. Kind of mismatched, and sort of large windows, but good enough for earring jackets!

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
My new green tourmaline - .80 ct. and I can''t get a good pic of the colour.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amethyst, Green tourmaline, and Chrome Diopsides together.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pink Kunzite, Morganites, and white EC aquamarines.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
And last, but not least,

3.31 Bali Topaz, 1.29 EC Sapphire. Pink, blue, and Pad sapphires with a .95 ct. spess. 2 Yellow sapphires and 2 citrines on the bottom.

original.aspx

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Mmm....citrines....

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK Lauren spill it!! Those pads are delicious, where did you find those??? hummmmmmmmmmmm???

Linda

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2008 12:41:34 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
Mmm....citrines....
MP - they have windows in them, unfortunately, but I was thinking of getting them recut and doing another RHR with a center white sapphire and the 2 citrines.

Now, I just need to track down the white sapphire.
3.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2008 1:19:22 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Date: 7/21/2008 12:41:34 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
Mmm....citrines....
MP - they have windows in them, unfortunately, but I was thinking of getting them recut and doing another RHR with a center white sapphire and the 2 citrines.

Now, I just need to track down the white sapphire.
3.gif
Oohh that would be pretty. Darn windows.
Someday I will have a three-stone EC ring with a ruby in the middle, and citrines on the sides. My birthstone is citrine and my husbands is ruby. The two colors really do look great together. Someday, someday.

Meher Thakker

Rough_Rock
more spinels...I''ve collected almost all the shades in spinels..

Meher

spinels-1.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2008 4:20:46 PM
Author: cushioncutnut
SWOOOOOOON! This thread makes me want to get my gemstone collection going again. CMW... I have missed you! Do you remember me? I will give you a hint...... ''matching pair of pink spinel ovals.... one for me and my daughter''. YOU are truly the gemstone king in my book. Seriously gals.... he really knows his stuff and has the most beautiful collection. He was the one that got me interested in SPINELS!

Love in Bloom........... simply gorgeous collection too! LTP.... yours is amazing as well!... I hope I left no one out! Off to drool again...

Here is my newest aquisition........ I should receive it tomorrow................

2.47 sapphire

ETA: I will post pics of my collection too. I am terrible at pics though.......gemstones are so durn hard to photograph!
8.gif

CC: Beautiful sapphire!!! Did you purchase this from The Natural Sapphire Company??

Linda

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2008 1:19:15 PM
Author: Linda W
OK Lauren spill it!! Those pads are delicious, where did you find those??? hummmmmmmmmmmm???

Linda
Thanks, Linda - but there''s one Pad, and one Spess.
2.gif

My jeweler here in Dallas knew I was on the hunt for a Pad, and had this called in from his gem dealer in the UK. Not sure of the name of the dealer - he''s an independent dealer and has literally no presence online.

If you want, I could give you my Dallas Jeweler''s information, who also has no online presence, unfortunately.
2.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lauren, but I have enough Pads for now. My hubby will shoot me, if I purchase another one, ha ha ha ha.

How are you going to set yours, have you decided yet?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2008 2:01:39 PM
Author: Meher Thakker
more spinels...I''ve collected almost all the shades in spinels..

Meher
HOLY COW. *drool*
Where on earth did you get so many? Wow!

Meher Thakker

Rough_Rock
yeah..it seems so many..but I can''t get enough collecting..I almost have 350 cts of spinels now..and started collecting rubies lately..

check out the garnets.. spess, hessonites, almandines(reds) and rhodolites (purples and dark pinks)..well I almost have like 600 cts of garnets..but I still collect them..cause we get them cheap in india..lately I bought 30+ cts and 40+cts spess cabs..very nice looking stones..will try and take a pic tomorrow

Meher

gar.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2008 2:10:42 PM
Thanks Lauren, but I have enough Pads for now. My hubby will shoot me, if I purchase another one, ha ha ha ha.

Haha, Linda - you''re too funny!

I have no idea how I''m going to set it yet - was thinking of doing a prong set diamond halo RHR with a smooth shank. Have any suggestions for me?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2008 2:18:33 PM
Author: Meher Thakker
yeah..it seems so many..but I can''t get enough collecting..I almost have 350 cts of spinels now..and started collecting rubies lately..

check out the garnets.. spess, hessonites, almandines(reds) and rhodolites (purples and dark pinks)..well I almost have like 600 cts of garnets..but I still collect them..cause we get them cheap in india..lately I bought 30+ cts and 40+cts spess cabs..very nice looking stones..will try and take a pic tomorrow

Meher

Good Grief, do you have a beautiful collection. Amazing!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2008 8:39:03 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Date: 7/21/2008 2:10:42 PM

Haha, Linda - you''re too funny!

I have no idea how I''m going to set it yet - was thinking of doing a prong set diamond halo RHR with a smooth shank. Have any suggestions for me?

Lauren: Your idea sounds beautiful!! I actually wish I would have done a halo for my 2.25 Pad. It protects them. My other two pad rings, do have a halo around them. Maybe one day, I will have this one reset. I am always afraid of knocking it and chipping it.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/21/2008 2:06:29 PM

Date: 7/20/2008 4:20:46 PM
Author: cushioncutnut
SWOOOOOOON! This thread makes me want to get my gemstone collection going again. CMW... I have missed you! Do you remember me? I will give you a hint...... ''matching pair of pink spinel ovals.... one for me and my daughter''. YOU are truly the gemstone king in my book. Seriously gals.... he really knows his stuff and has the most beautiful collection. He was the one that got me interested in SPINELS!

Love in Bloom........... simply gorgeous collection too! LTP.... yours is amazing as well!... I hope I left no one out! Off to drool again...

Here is my newest aquisition........ I should receive it tomorrow................

2.47 sapphire

ETA: I will post pics of my collection too. I am terrible at pics though.......gemstones are so durn hard to photograph!
8.gif

CC: Beautiful sapphire!!! Did you purchase this from The Natural Sapphire Company??

Linda

Linda... I received this from forever gemstones.com Unfortunately it is not a keeper.
8.gif
Here is a new thread I started concerning the stone.... https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-should-this-sapphire-stay-or-go.90653/

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Meher, Frekechild, LTP...............just gorgeous gemmies!!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet... would love to see bigger pics. They look gorgeous from what I can see...
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results