shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Jewelry Box!

alamana

Shiny_Rock
So I've amassed enough jewelry at this point that it doesn't make sense to keep it in the cheap/old/only-about-10"x6" jewelry box I've had for years. My pearls are thrown in with bulky silver pins, necklace chains are tangled, I have trouble finding both earrings in a pair, etc. It's not working. :(sad

I don't have a huge collection; 3 strands of pearls, maybe 5 or 6 chain necklaces, a couple pairs of stud earrings, maybe 10 pairs dangly earrings, 7 or 8 rings (some delicate gemstones and some bulky silver/turquoise types), a few inherited bracelets and pins (which I never wear so maybe shouldn't be taking up space with the stuff I do?).

So -- I need to get some nice storage. Right now my jewelry box is on my dresser, along with a rectangular flat basket that I keep some bigger pieces in (a big turquoise bracelet -- that kind of thing). I find the dresser top convenient, but I'm open to other suggestions. I'm guessing some of y'all can show me some amazing options? Quick internet searches for jewelry boxes didn't reveal much to me other than cheap small ones like I already have and huge expensive things that I probably can't afford and are too big anyway.

Anyhoo ... please show me your jewelry storage!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The thing I don't like about jewelry boxes is that they are not secure and safe from criminals. I keep everything valuable in separate jewelry boxes in my home safe that is bolted down to the floor. Not 100% foolproof but it makes it a lot harder for a criminal to get my stuff.

_35282.jpg

alamana

Shiny_Rock
missy|1447595352|3949910 said:
The thing I don't like about jewelry boxes is that they are not secure and safe from criminals. I keep everything valuable in separate jewelry boxes in my home safe that is bolted down to the floor. Not 100% foolproof but it makes it a lot harder for a criminal to get my stuff.

Thanks so much for posting this. I had actually left something out of my original post -- and that is that one of the reasons I hate the box I have now is that three edwardian diamond rings were stolen from me out of it by a pest inspector.

Q

Queenie60

I keep my jewelry the same as Missy. Small boxes, organized and stashed in a safe which is bolted to my foundation. I too have been robbed and now rotate pieces and stash everything I'm not using into the safe.

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Queenie60|1447607869|3949952 said:

I keep my jewelry the same as Missy. Small boxes, organized and stashed in a safe which is bolted to my foundation. I too have been robbed and now rotate pieces and stash everything I'm not using into the safe.

I do the same thing.

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
I keep my jewelry in a small box on my dresser. Not the best place to keep jewelry I know. I should invest in a safe.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover|1447594347|3949903 said:
I have the large version of this: http://www.frontgate.com/wolf-large-quilted-jewelry-box/571729

I highly recommend it!

I also have a quilted Wolf jewelry dresser - the Extra Large - and it's very functional and pretty! However, it is HUGE and quite heavy. I also have the security concerns mentioned above, so I may be looking into more secure storage. I will miss how pretty and organized the Wolf is, though. I wish I could find an attractive AND secure option, but I haven't been able to find anything apart from custom work. Please do post here if you find some other options.

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
I like that box a lot.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

This is great! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results