shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your J-K-L color Lab Diamonds!

BeautyForAshes_

Rough_Rock
Would love to see your J-K-L lab Diamonds. Also pls lmk which lab is it from? Thanks! I am wanting to purchase a lab soon and would love to see some before I purchase

_dracarys_

Shiny_Rock
I have an L with brown undertones, 1.62 ct. Here is my thread.

I ordered it from Ritani, but I don't know which lab it actually came from or even if it's CVD or HPTH lol.

rustysunshine

Rough_Rock
I have a total of three round lab diamonds that are graded as L color, between .73 and .75ct each, purchased from Ritani.

PXL_20210212_235517344.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

The first pair, shown on my hand, are a pair that I purchased as earrings. Their algorithm on the website recommended them as a pair. However, the color difference between the two is even more apparent in person than it is in the photos...the lower one looks pretty grey-brown, while the other is more of a silvery champagne color. I understand color variations within a grade, but I was honestly surprised that those were sent out to me...did another human not see the difference?

I figured the price point was low enough, so I purchased another L color diamond set in a single stud (also from Ritani...I ordered the same exact setting as before), figuring I'd wear the best match as earrings, and then have the third as a project diamond:

PXL_20210328_035638804.PORTRAIT.jpg

As you can see, the new one is a good match for the lighter of the two original stones, so that part worked out.

The new diamond came in a setting that is very different to the original pair of martini settings, even though I ordered the same exact thing! Ritani customer service never responded to my email about all these issues. AND, I received an email from THEM asking me to leave a review of my purchases, but the link was broken, and the page won't load!

Hopefully this helps you see how L colors can vary - and maybe gives you a bit of caution if you are considering purchasing from Ritani.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
My 1.6ct L VS1 Asscher. She's a true chameleon but generally warm/golden as opposed to icy white. Pictured with my 18K gold ring and two mined G rounds. She's also in my avatar with the rounds set in an art deco style ring :) IGI graded but no idea where she was grown. I bought her via Dajini who I think got her via a wholesaler or With Clarity.

IMG_5730.jpg IMG_5719.jpg

BeautyForAshes_

Rough_Rock
I have a total of three round lab diamonds that are graded as L color, between .73 and .75ct each, purchased from Ritani.

PXL_20210212_235517344.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

The first pair, shown on my hand, are a pair that I purchased as earrings. Their algorithm on the website recommended them as a pair. However, the color difference between the two is even more apparent in person than it is in the photos...the lower one looks pretty grey-brown, while the other is more of a silvery champagne color. I understand color variations within a grade, but I was honestly surprised that those were sent out to me...did another human not see the difference?

I figured the price point was low enough, so I purchased another L color diamond set in a single stud (also from Ritani...I ordered the same exact setting as before), figuring I'd wear the best match as earrings, and then have the third as a project diamond:

PXL_20210328_035638804.PORTRAIT.jpg

As you can see, the new one is a good match for the lighter of the two original stones, so that part worked out.

The new diamond came in a setting that is very different to the original pair of martini settings, even though I ordered the same exact thing! Ritani customer service never responded to my email about all these issues. AND, I received an email from THEM asking me to leave a review of my purchases, but the link was broken, and the page won't load!

Hopefully this helps you see how L colors can vary - and maybe gives you a bit of caution if you are considering purchasing from Ritani.

Thank you for sharing!
Doesn’t Ritani have a great return policy? I’m surprised they didn’t get back to you!

rustysunshine

Rough_Rock
Thank you for sharing!
Doesn’t Ritani have a great return policy? I’m surprised they didn’t get back to you!

I'm surprised, too! I did NOT ask for an exchange or return in my message, but I did outline my concerns regarding how well stones are actually matched, my questions about their quality control process, and my slight irritation about how the martini setting was so different for the third diamond I bought. But, no, no reply, and I have checked my spam filter.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
0FFD524C-BB99-4E47-A866-133772216BBD.jpeg C1D1D7F4-8B84-4B79-953C-E8E419826077.jpeg

My IGI lab made J colored diamond by Jon at Distinctive Gem! Seen under yellow lighting and spotlight white lighting

Ol-Blue

Shiny_Rock

Attachments

• B02FE341-D76D-4ED2-B82F-6BFFFDEC0999.png
    B02FE341-D76D-4ED2-B82F-6BFFFDEC0999.png
    216.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 9FCC33AE-7508-4FCC-8AF5-0BEAA0D425D2.png
    9FCC33AE-7508-4FCC-8AF5-0BEAA0D425D2.png
    581.1 KB · Views: 64

BeautyForAshes_

Rough_Rock
I'm surprised, too! I did NOT ask for an exchange or return in my message, but I did outline my concerns regarding how well stones are actually matched, my questions about their quality control process, and my slight irritation about how the martini setting was so different for the third diamond I bought. But, no, no reply, and I have checked my spam filter.

What are your thoughts on these lab Diamonds? One is a J color & the other is L. I already purchased the J color,
I wonder if I could have got away with the L.. to me numbers are excellent on the L color. And looks like it faces up white and sides warmth.

Here’s a video just click.

Last edited:

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I tried to get a more clear shot today. Indoor lighting. These a actually pretty darn white looking. I’m super happy with them. Lots of fire in spot lighting too.

92AAA92F-CEBD-4FFD-A406-6BB1D10CB259.jpeg

rustysunshine

Rough_Rock
What are your thoughts on these lab Diamonds? One is a J color & the other is L. I already purchased the J color,
I wonder if I could have got away with the L.. to me numbers are excellent on the L color. And looks like it faces up white and sides warmth.

My eyes definitely like the J color better. I'd agree with the other poster who said that the L looks cloudy. Between those two, I'd choose the J for sure!

Ol-Blue

Shiny_Rock
5579C1B8-0003-43E9-AC9C-86034F37E6DE.jpeg
this is my J from clean origin

I feel so foolish!! I was just looking at my old posts and realized this is an *I* not a J!! I’m so sorry for the confusion !
Sheesh I’m losing my mind lately!!

Ol-Blue

Shiny_Rock
This is beautiful and a great size on you!!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
272C267F-6883-4A59-81E8-7B6D4C40BCA2.jpeg 97DE2AAA-4C5A-4F92-B7A1-838F49B51DFE.jpeg
Here is my J, 1.63, xxx. My husband worked with a great family owned jeweler in SF so not totally sure which lab they use to get the stone from.

This is just stunning on you. Would you mind sharing your finger size?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

That L looks very cloudy. I think you did well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results