shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your "I" colored diamonds!

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
In eager anticipation of my new Whiteflash engagement ring, I would love to see your beautiful "I" colored diamond rings! I am wondering... Do you ever see any yellow tint from the front? side? And if so, does it bother you? Here are the specs on my diamond - Category: A CUT ABOVE® Carat: 3.1 Color: I Clarity: SI1 (eye clean) Shape: Round - It will be set in a classic Tiffany style platinum solitaire ring. I am worried I may see yellow, but I am hoping tint will be mitigated by the ideal ACA cut. Please show me your I diamonds and share your thoughts!

Krisking

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yes! :appl:Enjoy your new ring! It will be beautiful!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
twist my arm.

I only see a hint of tint in my bathroom where the lighting is yellowish. Also, I see a tint in photos sometimes, but NOT with my eyes. I am SO happy I went BIG instead of whiter! My diamond seems to have slight to medium fluorescence, so maybe that helps, but my guess it looks this white because of the superideal cut.

let me know if you want any specific pics. That one above where the diamond slid to the side is in my car, which has a black roof. Photos in my car aren't the best as a result

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty terrible photos, but these should give you some idea. I started with an H e-ring diamond, went down to a J later and back up to an I, no regrets what-so-ever as the I color allowed me to have a larger size diamond which still appears very white. I am sure that your diamond will be beautiful!

69A8183A-2F46-4D70-81FD-6E6FB683E34E.jpeg 3112F31F-5411-40F9-B9C2-D9547F94B40D.jpeg
C25A0141-C96C-4397-BFFF-8F3F5C093AD0.jpeg

Last edited:

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
twist my arm.

I only see a hint of tint in my bathroom where the lighting is yellowish. Also, I see a tint in photos sometimes, but NOT with my eyes. I am SO happy I went BIG instead of whiter! My diamond seems to have slight to medium fluorescence, so maybe that helps, but my guess it looks this white because of the superideal cut.

let me know if you want any specific pics. That one above where the diamond slid to the side is in my car, which has a black roof. Photos in my car aren't the best as a result

Thank you so much for joining in!! I cannot tell you how many times I have stared at all of the gorgeous pictures of your ring!!! Yours is the one I go to when I start thinking, "OMG I just spent a fortune on a diamond I have never seen off the Internet!" LOL!!! Seriously, you and @m-2-b have been so reassuring regarding my ACA I diamond. :)

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Pretty terrible photos, but these should give you some idea. I started with an H e-ring diamond, went down to a J later and up back up to an I, no regrets what-do-ever as the I color allowed me to have a larger size diamond which still appears very white. I am sure that your diamond will be beautiful!

69A8183A-2F46-4D70-81FD-6E6FB683E34E.jpeg 3112F31F-5411-40F9-B9C2-D9547F94B40D.jpeg

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Your ring is perfect!!! Do you see any tint from the side? I'm also curious if you noticed any color difference between your H, I, and J diamonds? Thank you so much!!

824jagdds

Rough_Rock
@HappyNewLife which photo would you say matches your actual skin tone the best? if they weren't in the same post I would think they were four different hands! I actually though the car photo looked the best

824jagdds

Rough_Rock
btw, @CharlotteYork I just bought an I but I haven't gotten it from WF either...

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
A few years ago I upgraded to a 2.5 carat I color VS1 Brian Gavin Signature diamond and I had the same concerns especially since the diamond in my previous ring was F in color. I didn't need to worry though because the diamond is gorgeous in real life and I have no regrets. The only time I can see a difference between the I and the F is when I hold them up next to each other in good lighting and look at them from the side. Then I can tell them apart, but the I is not yellow it is just not as white as the F.
You new ring is going to be stunning!

IMG_3874.jpg IMG_0438.jpg

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty terrible photos, but these should give you some idea. I started with an H e-ring diamond, went down to a J later and up back up to an I, no regrets what-do-ever as the I color allowed me to have a larger size diamond which still appears very white. I am sure that your diamond will be beautiful!

Uhhhh sorry for the threadjack!!! But @SimoneDi you got your 3 stone setting?!?!?!?!? It's stunning!!!! You need to start a thread with a zillion more pics!! :appl::appl::appl::love::love::love: Are you loving it?!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uhhhh sorry for the threadjack!!! But @SimoneDi you got your 3 stone setting?!?!?!?!? It's stunning!!!! You need to start a thread with a zillion more pics!! :appl::appl::appl::love::love::love: Are you loving it?!

Haha :D Thank you so much @ac117 !! I did get my 3 stone and it is perfect :) I am really loving the style, Caysie totally succeeded in turning my vision into reality! I will create a thread soon, I promise! :)

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous!!! Your ring is perfect!!! Do you see any tint from the side? I'm also curious if you noticed any color difference between your H, I, and J diamonds? Thank you so much!!

I won’t lie, the H was the whitest one and I never really saw much tint from the side. With the I, I guess you can notice a little bit of a tint sometimes, but it is not something obvious and no one but you will see it. The 6 prongs cover the profile pretty well, so I would probably recommend a 6 prong setting if you are worried about the profile view. I will say that I just take diamond color as is and I can appreciate any color. For me cut and size were #1 priority and I color is more “mind clean” to me, but I don’t have problem with lower colors. I think that you are worrying for no reason and I think that you will love your new diamond!

Oh and thank you for the compliments :)

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
WoW...these are some gorgeous rings! Hey for once a thread I can actually contribute to in a meaningful way! I absolutely love my wonky little 1.91 EOC "I"

FWIW, I HATE my hands (so embarrassed) and I shy away from taking photos of myself... and for a number of reasons, these are the only pics I have of my ring
OEC.4.jpg

OEC.5.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
13 years of viewing people's pics on PS has shown me Ds that look very yellow and Ks (and beyond) that look pure white, even bluish.

Color is graded in a lab by pros under controlled conditions.
Rest assured you are getting the color grade you paid for, if the lab was reputable like GIA or AGS.

Sorry, don't mean to be Debbie Downer but pics that the public posts on an Internet forum are worse than worthless for judging diamond body color.

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Pretty terrible photos, but these should give you some idea. I started with an H e-ring diamond, went down to a J later and back up to an I, no regrets what-so-ever as the I color allowed me to have a larger size diamond which still appears very white. I am sure that your diamond will be beautiful!

I love yoUr ring!plz can you show me your profile and what’s the stone sizes?

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
13 years of viewing people's pics on PS has shown me Ds that look very yellow and Ks (and beyond) that look pure white, even bluish.

Color is graded in a lab by pros under controlled conditions.
Rest assured you are getting the color grade you paid for, if the lab was reputable like GIA or AGS.

Sorry, don't mean to be Debbie Downer but pics that the public posts on an Internet forum are worse than worthless for judging diamond body color.
Well that was a bucket of cold water! Of course you are right but...sheesh!:???:

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
In eager anticipation of my new Whiteflash engagement ring, I would love to see your beautiful "I" colored diamond rings! I am wondering... Do you ever see any yellow tint from the front? side? And if so, does it bother you? Here are the specs on my diamond - Category: A CUT ABOVE® Carat: 3.1 Color: I Clarity: SI1 (eye clean) Shape: Round - It will be set in a classic Tiffany style platinum solitaire ring. I am worried I may see yellow, but I am hoping tint will be mitigated by the ideal ACA cut. Please show me your I diamonds and share your thoughts!
Woh time ,when you see tons of diamonds ,you can easy detect the color ,it’s like with teeth :))all of them look quiet white ,but it’s different white :)if that make sense . I have H and I diamonds , they look almost identical color wise , the most color I can see from the side ,esp in the car . It’s my place for detecting tints in diamonds :)) also you can see a tint when you loook at the stone near the window . But the mojority of the time it’s white . Like G white

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@HappyNewLife which photo would you say matches your actual skin tone the best? if they weren't in the same post I would think they were four different hands! I actually though the car photo looked the best

somewhere around pic #2. I do have a yellow/olive tint to my skin, but am fair (if you follow makeup, I'm NC20)

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Color is subjective but I happen to love my "I" colored ACA!

I can see subtle tint more in my "J" colored AVC than in my whiter "I" colored ACA (in comparison). IMG_4284.jpg

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love yoUr ring!plz can you show me your profile and what’s the stone sizes?

Thank you! The diamond stats are the following:
Center - 2.13ct I SI2
Size stones - 0.23ct each I VS2/SI1
All BGD signature stones and the setting was created by CvB ID.

I don’t have many pics yet, but I will start a thread with pics soon and show the profile!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Finally - we need a SMTB thread on your new ring!! Beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results