shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your I color diamonds in platinum or white gold settings...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

I Like Diamonds

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone
35.gif

I''d like to see your I colored diamonds in platinum or white gold settings...Thanks!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI!
35.gif
Sorry , I wear all yellow.

gemgaga

Rough_Rock
Should be pickinig up my new one on Monday. F/G halo with I center. I''ll post when I get it. Can''t wait!!

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my 1.61 I/VS2 in 18k white gold.

handshotwbracelet.JPG

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
A little closer...

upclosewsapph.JPG

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
Here''s my I colored cushion set in platinum...

courtsringy38.jpg

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/9/2008 4:50:42 PM
Author: AprilBaby
HI!
35.gif
Sorry , I wear all yellow.
Mine is in yellow as well
2.gif

I Like Diamonds

Rough_Rock
Thanks to everyone that replied.
Gemgaga I look forward to your ring!!!

it''s weird. I have looked at H colored stones-not in a setting and they look yellow...but all of your I colored diamonds look bright and clear
33.gif
34.gif
<- Guess I need to read up some! Or look some more

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
H color stones that are GIA or AHS should not look yellow. Were the stones graded by another lab, by any chance?

Photos aren''t going to give you a true representation of color, though. They all look about the same in pictures! You might look here for color differences:

http://goodoldgold.com/content.php?c=14

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Some shapes are prone to show their color more than others (as I understand it, fewer facets to bounce light around). Basically, fancy shapes (i.e., other than round) tend to show more readily.

Better cut rounds look less warm than less well cut rounds, of the same color.

What shape are you considering?

heather318

Shiny_Rock
Here is mine.. It''s platinum and the main stone is H color while the two on the sides are I..

(the pink reflection is from the shirt I was wearing)

Heather ring2.jpg

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my J (lower than an I) and it''s an ideal cut hearts and arrows. I can only see a bit of yellow from the side angle in the sunlight.

priscope021934.JPG

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I had an I in white gold, then when I had it recut (it had pretty arrows but was very steep and deep) it was graded and H. I''ll post pics of both for comparison. I figure it must be right on the border of H and I, but it''s always faced up nice ad white-- even before the recut! Here is the before

kellishand12a.JPG

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
And here''s after-- now an H

arrows5a.JPG

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
one more. It does look brighter now, but I think it''s mostly because the center used to be much darker when the cut wasn''t as good. The center and around the edges never reflected much light before, and now they do. I think that''s the difference I see, not so much the actual "color."

arrows8a.JPG

MMT

Ideal_Rock
They all look very white
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

SandraPaneczko

Shiny_Rock
Here is My SI1 I color

Its very hard to tell color through a photo. Lighting can distort the color to look more white or more yellow, my rings are under a very florescent so they don''t look nice and white like an I should.

IMG_1599.JPG

first123

Rough_Rock
Here is my post from last week. The pictures don''t do the ring justice. Honestly the first thing I said to myself after receiving the ring was "why would anyone spend $$ for stones above an I?" Again, this is an ACA from WF so that most likely helps it look so white.

Set in platinum.

Post to I colored 1.55 ct ACA from WF set on Harmony setting

TopSecret

Rough_Rock
How about a J?

1.06ct, SI1, MWM Petite Torchiere.

collage_mwm_pt.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 1:01:25 PM
Author: first123
Here is my post from last week. The pictures don''t do the ring justice. Honestly the first thing I said to myself after receiving the ring was ''why would anyone spend $$ for stones above an I?'' Again, this is an ACA from WF so that most likely helps it look so white.

Set in platinum.

Post to I colored 1.55 ct ACA from WF set on Harmony setting
These were my thoughts exactly!! When I shop for a diamond for a pendant, I''ll be looking for a J, maybe even a K, since no one will see the stone from the side. I''d have to get the teeniest little diamonds ever if I wanted to pay for a "colorless" one, and I just can''t see paying for value that my eyes don''t see anyway!

bee

Rough_Rock
Beautiful... "I" stones are a great value. TopSecret...I''m awaiting a torchiere, any handshots to help ease my anxiety while I wait.

Thanks!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m having an I colour pear set in platinum as we speak! Mine has strong fluor so looks much whiter and in daylight even has a blue white appearance. I can''t see any yellow at all in any light. I''ll post pics when I get it but here''s the diamond so you can see the colour.

galleygal

Shiny_Rock
Here is my I colored VS2 diamond set in 18kt white gold.

apic2.JPG

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2008 7:36:12 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
H color stones that are GIA or AHS should not look yellow. Were the stones graded by another lab, by any chance?

Photos aren't going to give you a true representation of color, though. They all look about the same in pictures! You might look here for color differences:

http://goodoldgold.com/content.php?c=14
Thanks diamondseeker! I hadn't seen this before and it was VERY informative!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
This is a VERY good thread!

secondhandnews

Shiny_Rock
Here is a WF photo of my ring with an I color center stone. I had an H diamond before this one and I really cannot tell any difference. Of course, I never saw them side by side. It''s very sparkly and faces up white. The setting is white gold. I''m not sure of the color of the side stones. I just asked that they match well to the center stone.

SHN ring.JPG

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my I SI1 in 14K white gold

ipearband.jpg

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
ive read that slight fluorescence cancels out any yellow tinge in a diamond that isnt completely colorless, is this true? I know with painting and such adding a little blue to white gives you true bright white.. same thing? Thought this would be a good post to pose the question. Gorgeous stones ladies!! They''re all so sparkly and perfectly cut
30.gif

Beaglemom

Shiny_Rock
2.11 AGS I SI1 WG

100_5333a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results