shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your H, I, J color stones!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone, I am curious to see some pics of your warmer stones in the H-I-J range! These colors seem to be much more affordable, so they appeal to my love of large rocks, but I haven''t seen too many so I''d love to see some examples!

DD
35.gif

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Gemma! I''ll check it out... I am coveting Cushions these days and I am trying to get an idea how low I can go in colour and still think it is beautiful (color is personal preference, I just want an idea of my own preferences!)

DD
35.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I don''t consider H or even I as warmer, J perhaps a little warmer, but my eyes are getting bad! LOL . Mine is an "H" colored diamond, and that thing is blindingly white in most lighting conditions. I can see a hint of warmth from the side in lowlighting conditions.

that is about 2 and a half carats.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, you are my kinda girl!
36.gif

You got some great links above. There are lots of other threads, too, have you done a search? You could probably brew a cup of tea and keep busy for hours!
2.gif

I, too, love bigger diamonds; I am all about size, but unfortunately, my budget isn''t! So when I found my gorgeous AGS-0 2.36 RB in color "J", I jumped on it. Here''s a thread with a LOT of pictures:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-gorgeous-new-fishtail-pave-set-from-wf.46129/

And here''s a link for my new diamond studs -- color K!
30.gif
LOVE THEM!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/winters-coming-needed-new-ear-warming-studs-1-47-tcw.72105/

I hope to upgrade my studs again one day to ~2 - 2.5 tcw and when I do, believe me, I''ll be looking at J or K stones again (well-cut, ONLY, of course!)

I think it is SO savvy to consider lower color stones, they can really help you put the money toward size, babeeeee, SIZE!
31.gif
My diamonds are blazingly white, no yellow at all in any of them, and I couldn''t be happier with them.

I would also suggest that you consider "lower" clarity, too. As long a stone is eyeclean (and I do insist on totally eyeclean, even at close scrutiny) that''s good enough for me. Thankfully, I don''t have much of a "mind clean" issue (although I understand and respect those that do). My big diamond is an SI2 and my studs are SI1 (and I would have been happy there with SI2s, too, but none were available!) and as you can see from the photos in the link above, all three diamonds are totally, 100% eyeclean.

And in playing the "How Loooooooow Can You Go" game
2.gif
(which apparently I love!) don''t forget to consider super well cut I1 stones, graded by AGS or GIA and sold by a reputable PS vendor who can look at the stone for you first. I know Wink and GOG have both had some KILLER I1s, and maybe some other vendors, too. And do a search, ''cause there are some real BEAUTIES here on PS.

HAVE FUN!!!
1.gif

susi

Shiny_Rock
Hello, DD, several years ago when I first came to Pricescope, I read that a diamond's cut and resulting light return would make a lower color graded stone look whiter. We all hear/read about this but it wasn't until my DH bought my HOF that I really understood, first hand.

Side by side in the same lighting conditions the HOF I color grade ( AGS cut 0 ) looks whiter face up than my Lazare Kaplan E color and my Tiffany Lucida F.....not from the side, mind you, just face up from the top.

Stones in the H-I-J range and even lower are great buys ( colorwise) if the cut is excellent.....and..... if "white" is what you want
1.gif

DIAMOND1susi.jpg

susi

Shiny_Rock
....another....

DIAMOND9Pricescope.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2008 1:56:13 AM
Author: samii
Mine is a J colour emerald crisscut, all surrounding diamonds are H - you can see photos at

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/presenting-my-new-crisscut-emerald-e-ring.76366/

I don''t see any warmness in mine at all, but then maybe I am not that colour sensitive?
Samii. gorgeous, I saw your set when you originally posted and didn''t note the color at the time. Blingalicious indeed! I don''t see and warmth either, just sparkle and white!

DD
35.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2008 8:06:42 AM
Author: beau13
I don''t consider H or even I as warmer, J perhaps a little warmer, but my eyes are getting bad! LOL . Mine is an ''H'' colored diamond, and that thing is blindingly white in most lighting conditions. I can see a hint of warmth from the side in lowlighting conditions.
Beau, I have seen your set in your avetar, I love it! And it does look totally white!!

Thanks for showing it to me again!

DD
35.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my ''I'' color EC. I''ve been asked if it was a ''D'' before. I can tell in certain lights and angles that it''s warmer (mostly because of its cut, I think), but overall it''s pretty darn icy.

bright16.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2008 8:43:02 AM
Author: Lynn B
Dreamer, you are my kinda girl!
36.gif

You got some great links above. There are lots of other threads, too, have you done a search? You could probably brew a cup of tea and keep busy for hours!
2.gif

I, too, love bigger diamonds; I am all about size, but unfortunately, my budget isn''t! So when I found my gorgeous AGS-0 2.36 RB in color ''J'', I jumped on it. Here''s a thread with a LOT of pictures:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-gorgeous-new-fishtail-pave-set-from-wf.46129/

And here''s a link for my new diamond studs -- color K!
30.gif
LOVE THEM!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/winters-coming-needed-new-ear-warming-studs-1-47-tcw.72105/

I hope to upgrade my studs again one day to ~2 - 2.5 tcw and when I do, believe me, I''ll be looking at J or K stones again (well-cut, ONLY, of course!)

I think it is SO savvy to consider lower color stones, they can really help you put the money toward size, babeeeee, SIZE!
31.gif
My diamonds are blazingly white, no yellow at all in any of them, and I couldn''t be happier with them.

I would also suggest that you consider ''lower'' clarity, too. As long a stone is eyeclean (and I do insist on totally eyeclean, even at close scrutiny) that''s good enough for me. Thankfully, I don''t have much of a ''mind clean'' issue (although I understand and respect those that do). My big diamond is an SI2 and my studs are SI1 (and I would have been happy there with SI2s, too, but none were available!) and as you can see from the photos in the link above, all three diamonds are totally, 100% eyeclean.

And in playing the ''How Loooooooow Can You Go'' game
2.gif
(which apparently I love!) don''t forget to consider super well cut I1 stones, graded by AGS or GIA and sold by a reputable PS vendor who can look at the stone for you first. I know Wink and GOG have both had some KILLER I1s, and maybe some other vendors, too. And do a search, ''cause there are some real BEAUTIES here on PS.

HAVE FUN!!!
1.gif
Lynn, thanks for the advice, I agree with you completely. Eye-clean is all I care about too! You suggested a search, what terms would you use? I tried "J color" but nothings comes up...

Also, I am hoping for a Cushion and have been looking at Engagement Rings Direct (just looking mind you
2.gif
) and they say they don''t offer a lifetime trade-up for J color stones and lower! Such discrimination, but it means I probably wouldn''t buy fom them!

DD
35.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Susi, too gorgeous, I can see what people mean about cut is king!! I am sold on that too!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2008 12:17:56 PM
Author: tberube
Here is my ''I'' color EC. I''ve been asked if it was a ''D'' before. I can tell in certain lights and angles that it''s warmer (mostly because of its cut, I think), but overall it''s pretty darn icy.
tberube, your EC is gorgeous and icy! Step cuts probably do show more "color" than sparkly cuts, but man-oh-man, I am amazed at how white these J stones are... on those little charts that jewelers have that show color, they make it look like J stone are muddy-brown yellow! haha

DD
35.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/20/2008 12:29:12 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

Date: 1/20/2008 12:17:56 PM
Author: tberube
tberube, your EC is gorgeous and icy! Step cuts probably do show more ''color'' than sparkly cuts, but man-oh-man, I am amazed at how white these J stones are... on those little charts that jewelers have that show color, they make it look like J stone are muddy-brown yellow! haha

DD
35.gif
Thank you so much!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
My Great-Grandmother''s engagement ring is a .33 ct. I SI1.

original.aspx

original.aspx

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
personally, i would not go lower than an H in cushion. I''m not super color sensitive but I do start to see warmth in cushions, even a touch in an H but I''d be ok with it. rounds are a whole nother game and I''d go I/J in an ideal cut b/c they mask color so much better. Best to try to look at some in person to see where your threshold is.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing, LTP, I love heirloom rings!

mrssalvo, I have read that in a few places and think I agree... maybe H is my threshold for Cushions too... guess I''ll have to see some in person! How aweful!
2.gif

DD
35.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my "J".
9.gif

ebreeJstone.jpg

AggieTexan

Shiny_Rock
Mine''s an H/SI1. I
30.gif
it!

IMG_2225.JPG

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
My AGS000 J/SI2 1.59ct ring (eternity band has G-H colored stones----yeah, I don''t see a difference either!
2.gif
)
1.gif

spebwfkejenn55041handshotofjsi21.50rb.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2008 12:29:12 PM
tberube, your EC is gorgeous and icy! Step cuts probably do show more ''color'' than sparkly cuts, but man-oh-man, I am amazed at how white these J stones are... on those little charts that jewelers have that show color, they make it look like J stone are muddy-brown yellow! haha

DD
35.gif
Yeah, that''s for sure. And those poor mall stones, graded by XYZ Labs and Transmissions
2.gif
(if they''re even graded by any lab at all) are PATHETIC specimens of a lower color stone. Heck, I''ve seen "F" (allegedly!) stones that were pee yellow. And don''t even start me on clarity... SI1s that look like frozen, included spit... or with a HUGE black boulder right under the table that is half the size of the whole stone. Poor, sad little diamonds!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2008 12:19:20 PM
Lynn, thanks for the advice, I agree with you completely. Eye-clean is all I care about too! You suggested a search, what terms would you use? I tried ''J color'' but nothings comes up...

Also, I am hoping for a Cushion and have been looking at Engagement Rings Direct (just looking mind you
2.gif
) and they say they don''t offer a lifetime trade-up for J color stones and lower! Such discrimination, but it means I probably wouldn''t buy fom them!

DD
35.gif
Oh, I dunno... try "lower color" or "low color" or "lower clarity" or even something like, "J/SI" or "J or K"... I''m sure there are 1,000! Just get creative, haha!

Well, I didn''t know you were looking for a cushion. I''m a RB Girl, and I tend to assume everyone else is, too!
2.gif
Two things; #1: ERD is a great place for killer cushions, but I had no idea about his trade-up policy for J and lower stones. Honestly, all my years around here and I never knew that.

#2: I have never seen a well-cut, lower color cushion IRL... so I can''t speak from personal experience there. But I have to wonder if the setting were vintage and antiquey if a lower color cushion wouldn''t just look fantastic? Very old world and romantic. What type of setting are you thinking of?

Well, definitely look around A LOT, and see as many stones in person as you can. And keep us posted!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
notgruesomethreesome.JPG

An H, I and J stone.
3.gif
All AGS 0''s. Can you tell which is which?
1.gif

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
search doesn''t always work for me for some reason. . . I get error messages a lot. Also you can''t do "J" or "I" specific searches. . . .

I have a thread full of my recent upgrade, mine is a 3.67 RB in I color VS1 in natural light:

PSmyIMG_15913pmys.jpg

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
gratuitous foliage shot
37.gif

1My_1477ps.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results