shape
carat
color
clarity

SHOW ME YOUR HOLIDAY GIFTS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Figured I'd start this thread! I can't wait to see everyone's goodies! I think maybe this is not limited to diamonds...so maybe I should be moved to hangout???

SHOW ME SOME ME SHOW ME!!!

I got mine today but not allowed to wear it just yet!
And might I add...it's STUNNING!
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You tease, no fair!!!! I can''t wait to see everyone''s gifts!!!
31.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Um hello? PHOTOS?!!!

Im not getting any more jewelry. Obviously. ;-)

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I don''t get to wear my new diamond studs yet either MMM, but you and I can both post our new goodies after Christmas. Enjoy!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
31.gif

It arrived yesterday.

new ebay ring a.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got it from a seller on eBay who had bought it and never worn it..it was a steal. She didn''t have any details on it really...so I took a chance but it is 3/4 eternity, ''icy white'' diamonds, sparkles like the dickens and is in that large wide band style I have been coveting for a while. It''s 10mm and fits on my middle finger on the right hand...it has a small sizing bar in the back so I may take it down 2 sizes to fit on my right hand ring finger and get rid of the sizing bar.

I''m going to take it into my local jeweler next week to have it checked out, but after checking out the diamonds, I think it would be ~0.50ctw which is just amazing for what I paid.

Merry Christmas to ME!!!

new ebay ring b.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh Mara it is just exquisite!!!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I got cash (which is what i wanted
9.gif
),the LV Marelle, and a 2ct aquamarine pendant with diamond accents in 18kt white gold. It''s set with 4 small bezel set diamonds on top (in a clover shape) w/ a hoop in the back for the chain... no bale... then a bar, then 2 vertically bezel set small diamonds in the middle... then another bar, and the trilliant aqua is on the bottom. My camera usb cord''s been broken, so i can''t upload anything! >=(

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Mara, that is beautiful! any hand shots?

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful, Mara!
30.gif
I know you have been wanting a wide diamond band forever, and it''s perfect. Do you know any more about it like the designer or where it came from?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
No hand shots yet, I just painted my nails this morning and I need to put a new battery in the camera...so maybe later tonight I can snap some!! Funny thing is it''s a really delicate, beautiful piece but it doesn''t TOTALLY flatter my hand. It''s interesting because I thought I wanted a $2k setting like this by a designer and this was just to tide me over til next fall when I could get the one I wanted, but now that I have this ring, I think it fulfills my desire for that wide diamond band, period! Onto the next project!
9.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/24/2005 5:50:17 PM
Author: Mara
I think it fulfills my desire for that wide diamond band, period! Onto the next project!
9.gif
LMAO, that was quick. Does it EVER end? We move from one obsession to another at a record-breaking pace around here, don''t we?
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay I just got a much better shot here in natural light...it shows the detail on the ring. The edges are milgrained. It's beautiful! Lil I don't know a thing about the ring, and the seller really didn't seem to know much either. Just that it was new because they had bought it and never worn it. Inside it just says KM, 14K and China...so I figure it's not some name brand designer we know about...hehee.

ebay ring on hand b.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and the last one on the hand...I love the ring but does anyone else see what I mean about it maybe not flattering my HAND much? I feel like my hand makes the ring look bad. HAH.

Oh and I asked the seller if I got it checked out and it was not real, would she take it back and said yes absolutely, but that she knew it was real so that would not be an issue. I totally blanked out on asking where she got it..DER! But it was really such a good deal, it almost didn't matter.

Oh and YES isn't it funny how quickly we move onto the next thing?? I am SO glad I didn't spend $2k though and find out that I didn't think that this style looked great on my hand.
5.gif

ebay ring on hand a.jpg

Rebemdee

Shiny_Rock
Mara, I think you just aren''t used to such a big band, because it makes your fingers look long and elegant! What I would give for fingers that didn''t look like sausages! It''s a gorgeous band.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Mara,
Maybe you just don''t like it on your middle finger? Try it on your ring finger (I know it''ll be big, but humor me!
2.gif
) and let us know if you like it better. Methinks you will!
1.gif

PS BTW I think it looks GREAT on your hand!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous Mara, I love it!!!
30.gif
30.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
ARGH! My home computer is going out the window...and hubby works with computers for a living? LOL...
I see VERY bad pix....I'll have to look tomorrow at the in-laws...but the ring looks really pretty!

As for mine, the pix look ok on the camera...so sorry if they suck...I WILL get a good
arrows shot tomorrow...HOW DO YOU LADIES GET SUCH
GREAT SHOTS???

I got busted with it on so she's back in the box
7.gif

GIA 1.16 H Si2 Med Blue Flourescence
6.81x6.84 mm 60.2depth 57 table, Med faceted girdle
VG polish EX symmetry Plot is spectacular!

The chain looks very odd up close...in real life it's VERY tiny and full of sparkle...Oh yeah, bezel is a touch thick for my liking but not enough for me to take the time and effort to change it...

PICT0690.JPG

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
The flash makes it look misshapen LOL...but it''s just sparkle! Sorry if this is too close it''s gross...
Why do my shots come out yellow>? Camera sux.

pict0677.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
EW! I think that last one may be really close...Sorry! I'll probably see it tomorrow in horror!

Sundial....go unwrap yours and then wrap it back up! I want to see it!
9.gif
You too forte!

pict0670.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara! great find... as if any worse would be expected of an expert shopper
2.gif

And More!, now that's some surprise. Happy holidays indeed
9.gif

As for myself, I didn't do much for Christmas this year. I am so beat after the last couple of weeks of mayhem (fast track end of ear closing of a couple of slumbering projects etc.) that free time sounds better than anything. Some (professional) good news came in a sort of present. In fact, they were more than I could have hoped for and didn't expect any news until early January. Fingers crossed - hope the small miracle will not vanish after Christmas.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
MMM, I love it!!! It''s perfect.
30.gif
30.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
MMM, I love that pendant! It''s gorgeous!
30.gif
30.gif

Nice find, Mara!

ForteKitty, we need pictures!

I''ll open my studs tomorrow.
36.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! And glad you''re having a good year Ana...that is the best present indeed! As for me, this was the result of my uncerted .70 trade in, gift from hubby and some from me!... It''s for Xmas and our 4th anniversary...he actually said "Happy 5th" LOL.. I was like NO WAY BUDDY :)

I''m getting a bit sick so off to bed...

I better wake up and see tons of more pix everyone! (and it wouldn''t hurt to see those already posted)
10.gif

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
Hi

Not officialy Xmas on the West Coast yet! We just came back from the theatre and dinner and I am counting the hours to midnight! It doesn''t help to say "it is Xmas in South Africa" (where we are from) - I will just have to wait.

Hopefully the small box under the Xmas Tree is a XO Pendant from Whiteflash!

Maya

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
Oh yeah, MMM and Mara

Thanks for the great ideas for new projects! Your new oendant and ring are YUMMY!

So few Xmases, birthdays and Anniversaries in one year...so many I still want
9.gif
11.gif

Maya

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
and the last one on the hand...I love the ring but does anyone else see what I mean about it maybe not flattering my HAND much? I feel like my hand makes the ring look bad. HAH.
Mara - your ring is REALLY cute! I think it''d look fabulous on your right hand ring finger!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks gals! funny, tonite at the family get together my cousin complimented me on it and said she wanted a wide band like that...i mentioned that i wasn''t too hot on it on my hand just yet, and she said that the reason she noticed it was because she thought it made my hand look ''long and elegant'' and that it looked great....sooooo after that 3rd party in-person positive assessment and an additional 24 hours with the ring, it is definitely growing on me!
31.gif

mmm i love the pendant, wow is that a size to aspire to or what?? i can see the arrows in a shot or two as well!! try it with the loupe taped to the lens ala lynn, some of the best pictures come out that way!!

okay other christmas and pre-christmas gals, pony up the images, i know you are out there....
9.gif

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have pics yet, but I'm getting a 115-year-old family-heirloom ring cleaned and fixed up as a gift from my father. I've had it for 8 years, but it was terribly dirty and one of the prongs had compeltely worn away, so now I can finally wear it!

It's a gorgeous solitare diamond engagement OEC ring, just under a carat.

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/24/2005 5:28:43 PM
Author: Mara
31.gif

It arrived yesterday.
Wow Mara, that is fantastic.

It just goes to show that you can get real bargins on Ebay, if you know what you are looking for! These kind of bargins are few and far between though.

Well done....It looks fantastic. Can we have some hand shots ????

blod
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results