shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your GSS strand necklaces

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh. That Tan is nice!! The bronze is much darker than I thought. Actually - it looks like it errs olive? I'm thinking about what pearls I might use that colour for... Peachy freshies maybe? I do like the Tan with your Tahitian strand, that's a fab fit :cool2:

Here’s what I’ve got right now. I think the Bright Gold gimp works nicely with my SSs. The Gold thread, it's fine. It doesn't detract from the pearls. Doesn't really enhance them either, though.

37153E65-49C6-4F90-B4E7-6DF58DA8501C.jpeg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I like the gold there, but I think I would like amber even more. I think it will add to the warmth. Your new gold pearls are heavenly. The gold thread is a shade too light, but exactly the color. The gimp is a perfect, rich match. I do believe there is a green or ashier cast to the bronze thread. What fun with thread :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the gold there, but I think I would like amber even more. I think it will add to the warmth. Your new gold pearls are heavenly. The gold thread is a shade too light, but exactly the color. The gimp is a perfect, rich match. I do believe there is a green or ashier cast to the bronze thread. What fun with thread :)

Yes, exactly! I like the darker shade and the extra warmth in the Amber. I hope Pattye responds this week ::)

These two are actually my older golds! The new ones are back at Pearl Paradise for drilling. They match very well in colour - well enough that if you drop them all into a container you can't tell which are old and which are new. I wasn't expecting that so I was very happily surprised :love:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Yes, exactly! I like the darker shade and the extra warmth in the Amber. I hope Pattye responds this week ::)

These two are actually my older golds! The new ones are back at Pearl Paradise for drilling. They match very well in colour - well enough that if you drop them all into a container you can't tell which are old and which are new. I wasn't expecting that so I was very happily surprised :love:

I am sure she will, I was just chatting with her, so she's around and working on her site. She showed a picture of her personal GSS bracelet with lighter tones and amber looks good with that, too.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the golds. Glad they all match.

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning ladies. I was playing with my thread order from Pattye. I don't have Cee's strand yet, so I played with Andrew Moline's earrings and the OceanRhyme pendant. I LOVE the amber thread with the dark gold south sea pearls. The blush gimp was great too.

Now I get to play matchy with the strand when it arrives.

Sunlight1.jpg shade.jpg

That Amber colour thread really complements and brings out that deep gold colour. Looking forward to seeing your strand strung with this.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh. That Tan is nice!! The bronze is much darker than I thought. Actually - it looks like it errs olive? I'm thinking about what pearls I might use that colour for... Peachy freshies maybe? I do like the Tan with your Tahitian strand, that's a fab fit :cool2:

Here’s what I’ve got right now. I think the Bright Gold gimp works nicely with my SSs. The Gold thread, it's fine. It doesn't detract from the pearls. Doesn't really enhance them either, though.

37153E65-49C6-4F90-B4E7-6DF58DA8501C.jpeg

Looks a perfect colour match to me

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
They came.
I do like them, but they are not as saturated as I thought they would be. I think someone on here owes me a "I told you so" :) In any event, they are pretty and while not a deep carat gold, they have a lovely luster. I'm going to use Amber silk to knot them this weekend. It may help them blend in with Andrew's gold earrings better.

20210322_142330.jpg 20210322_142109.jpg
20210322_143443.jpg

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
@MMtwo i’m sorry to hear that you are a bit disappointed with the colour. They look great on you.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
@MMtwo i’m sorry to hear that you are a bit disappointed with the colour. They look great on you.

Thank you CMN. It's okay...I do like them very much, just I misread the pictures.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
They came.
I do like them, but they are not as saturated as I thought they would be. I think someone on here owes me a "I told you so" :) In any event, they are pretty and while not a deep carat gold, they have a lovely luster. I'm going to use Amber silk to knot them this weekend. It may help them blend in with Andrew's gold earrings better.

20210322_142330.jpg 20210322_142109.jpg
20210322_143443.jpg

They do look lovelly :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:
hopefully the colour will grow on you

maybe they will look more your hopped for golden gold in certain lighting or at other times of the year ???
Have you tried them on with a white shirt ?

Have lots of fun experimenting =)2
In your photo they look well matched to your earings

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look wonderful against your skin, even if they are a tad lighter than you had hoped.

I think the Amber might be too dark; you don't really want to draw attention to the knots, unless you are using a very different color thread -- like turquoise-- as an artistic touch. (Would you use a darker grout than the surrounding tiles?) If it were me, I'd go with Gold.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
They look wonderful against your skin, even if they are a tad lighter than you had hoped.

I think the Amber might be too dark; you don't really want to draw attention to the knots, unless you are using a very different color thread -- like turquoise-- as an artistic touch. (Would you use a darker grout than the surrounding tiles?) If it were me, I'd go with Gold.
Thank you. Good point about the knots drawing attention. It takes a village :)

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If unsure, you could knot up a mini test strand of 10 or 12 pearls (just pearls-- no clasp, no gimp) with Gold and the same number with Amber and see which you like better. Then knot up the actual strand with the color you prefer.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Sun might be a good match too.

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
@MMtwo @MakingTheGrade @yssie
You gals are amazing, how did you start stringing & knotting own pearl necklaces? This is a great idea & skill to pick up not to earn extra bucks but at least save costs (for me at least), I do have like 4 strands that need to be knotted every few years (though I rarely wear any TBH).
Any links or tutorials to share to get started?
Thanks so much =)2

p.s. your pearls are amazingly beautiful, I have been admiring all the time, every single post.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
You gals are amazing, how did you start stringing & knotting own pearl necklaces? This is a great idea & skill to pick up not to earn extra bucks but at least save costs (for me at least), I do have like 4 strands that need to be knotted every few years (though I rarely wear any TBH).
Thanks so much =)2

p.s. your pearls are amazingly beautiful, I have been admiring all the time, every single post.

They trully are amazing pearl princesss !
and very inspiring

I would like to try to knot but i know i wouldn't be neat enough for me so i plan on having a go at a station necklase

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any tips on evaluating GSS photos? I find I really can’t predict color when the photos sometimes look so different.

Contemplating this strand:
80349B36-2764-46FA-8F2D-EDFC951C74AF.jpeg

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adjust the color of the background, if you know it's white (or another color). I'd reduce the blue tone in the top 2 photos, and increase exposure slightly, like this:

Attachments

• golden keshi less blue.png
    golden keshi less blue.png
    650.4 KB · Views: 97
  • golden keshi less blue 2.png
    golden keshi less blue 2.png
    620.1 KB · Views: 99

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Any tips on evaluating GSS photos? I find I really can’t predict color when the photos sometimes look so different.

Contemplating this strand:
80349B36-2764-46FA-8F2D-EDFC951C74AF.jpeg

I love these...all the pictures!

molinePDG

Shiny_Rock
Trade

GSS tend to look darker and slightly more saturated in photos than they actually are, especially when lit from a singular side-upper, somewhat specular light source.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adjust the color of the background, if you know it's white (or another color). I'd reduce the blue tone in the top 2 photos, and increase exposure slightly, like this:
Smart. And thank you!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GSS tend to look darker and slightly more saturated in photos than they actually are, especially when lit from a singular side-upper, somewhat specular light source.

This makes sense; the darker looking parts of the pearls are in shadow.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much =)2

@lucida818 I thought I had replied, but this has been a crazy week. I am so sorry for the delay. There are many tutorials on YouTube. I found one that seems pretty clear.

I recommend Pattye for supplies. You'll need a needle and appropriate thread/silk for your pearls. There are different thicknesses of thread. You'll also need gimp/french wire (superfine coiled metal to protect the thread from cutting on the clasp) and tweezers. You may also need a pearl reamer at some point. Also, a felted beading board to lay your creations in the right order. Those are easy to pick up on Amazon.

It takes practice, but it is do-able. Good luck!

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Half done! Pattye’s Amber thread is a win!! :appl:

The random bubble style is so much more wearable, I think. Really really happy with this direction ::)

0295899C-4C03-45A0-8DAD-C5BCE51E0A9D.jpeg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

The random bubble style is so much more wearable, I think. Really really happy with this direction ::)

Absolutely perfect together. What beautiful pearls. I like the bubble style. Much more relaxed.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

Stunning!! What are the sizes in the mixed strand?

kstivali

Rough_Rock
Has anyone bought Mikimoto pearls from Mercari? Concerned as I have bought two items from two different sellers. Though shipping and packaging the same. Necklace I receive was pretty but did not have Mikimoto hallmarks and noticed both sellers I bought from sell a lot of brand name jewelry. Does anyone know if this is real ??? image.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Turns out I’m 1-2 pearls short of being able to double this up ;(

D8260965-D7D8-4C04-AE45-5BB8A9D3B998.jpeg

I texted my rep at Pearl Paradise and she responded within five minutes with this pic...

1DACD815-7EEC-4040-BC8C-FA29A4F9AA93.jpeg

And I’m getting the middle and the big. Fastest pearl purchase ever :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results