shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your GSS strand necklaces

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Here again, my recent strand from Andrew (@molinePDG), the one on the outside, and the circle strand from Cees. Earrings from Andrew.

IMG_0685-sm.jpg

IMG_0667-sm.jpg

IMG_0683-sm.jpg

IMG_0682-sm.jpg

I am still undecided about whether to use the "bean" clasp. I have larger strands that are on the same bean clasp design and they've been fine. However, I also a have a bracelet on a bean clasp that opened, and the bracelet came off. Fortunately I felt it!

Your new strand has beautiful luster!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Beautiful Gold strands ! I think you might be right about the 'bean' . I love the look of it and it's been find on normal size strands. For heavy strands I always use and interlocked clasp of some tiype. The double oval trigger less lobster ( the orbit clasp) is excellent. It's attractive and modern and works with everything... plus its very secure. You can get them on Rio Grande.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am still undecided about whether to use the "bean" clasp. I have larger strands that are on the same bean clasp design and they've been fine. However, I also a have a bracelet on a bean clasp that opened, and the bracelet came off. Fortunately I felt it!
Oh no! Glad you caught it!
That makes me feel like I will need to restring my ombré when I get it. I would be so worried about the bean clasp falling open!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I just pulled the trigger on these baroque, flawed pearls. Not PS standards, but I liked the chaos, colors, and interesting shapes going on here. Many flaws but I loved them anyhow. They will lengthen the strand a bit for me and my big neck to measure 50cm. Vendor photos.

il_1588xN.2795768968_dodr.jpg
il_1588xN.2843441105_cevz.jpg

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What fun shapes! Congrats!

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I just pulled the trigger on these baroque, flawed pearls. Not PS standards, but I liked the chaos, colors, and interesting shapes going on here. Many flaws but I loved them anyhow. They will lengthen the strand a bit for me and my big neck to measure 50cm. Vendor photos.

I love those colours. I wish I could wear pearl strands or necklaces but they just look so alien on me. Your strand is gorgeous though.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I love those colours. I wish I could wear pearl strands or necklaces but they just look so alien on me. Your strand is gorgeous though.

Thank you! Do you think the strands seem too shiny or formal when you wear them? One reason I like keshi/ringed/free form pearls and baroque is they look so much more casual. At 55, I am trying not to look like "Aunt Bea" so gravitate to the less formal shapes to prevent old lady syndrome. :)

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I think I’d rather like a strand like this
09754C6A-4815-4D7D-A1C7-56C34708A009.jpeg
Are you toying with buying this? I can see this one on you!

@MMtwo,
Have a look at his Instagram page. I some 10x12 mm baroque /drop strands with very nice luster and color.

Pearsngems thank you! I did reach out and he definitely has options for baroque pearls that are obtainable for me in the future....maybe one of the next holidays or whathaveyou hubby will "surprise" me.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
What fun shapes! Congrats!

Thank you so much. Your new strand is my holy grail material! I love both, but Andrew's strand! Absolutely drool worthy.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
@MMtwo I think it's partly a formal thing, I haven't quite hit 50 (give me a couple of months :) ) but feel like a granny from the 1980's with a pearl strand (but I don't wear other necklaces either). When I bought my blue akoya baroques they came as a strand and I really tried to wear them round my neck but i.just.couldn't. I love the colours and shapes of your strand though (so much so I googled the supplier but they only seems to have three items on their website).

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
@MMtwo I think it's partly a formal thing, I haven't quite hit 50 (give me a couple of months :) ) but feel like a granny from the 1980's with a pearl strand (but I don't wear other necklaces either). When I bought my blue akoya baroques they came as a strand and I really tried to wear them round my neck but i.just.couldn't. I love the colours and shapes of your strand though (so much so I googled the supplier but they only seems to have three items on their website).

Try the Etsy site? She has another very pretty ombre on there and I bet would make you one on request too, if you wanted it a more irregular shapes to avoid the stuffy pearl issue. The necklaces are short at 15.75 (well, for my plus-sized frame), but they are happy to customize the length for a very modest upcharge if you need longer.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

I have a strand of wonderful blue baroque akoya that I seldom wear because they are so blingy when worn. I have worn them for anniversary dinners and so on, but they "read" as too formal for a workday (for my job, anyhow).

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When it comes to non-round pearls, do you prefer button shapes (i.e. wider than they are long) or oval/drop shapes (longer than they are wide)?

I prefer elongated shapes because I find they place less pressure on my skin than buttons or rounds do. The weight is distributed more and I find them easier to wear, especially if they are on the large side, and thus heavier.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
When it comes to non-round pearls, do you prefer button shapes (i.e. wider than they are long) or oval/drop shapes (longer than they are wide)?

I prefer elongated shapes because I find they place less pressure on my skin than buttons or rounds do. The weight is distributed more and I find them easier to wear, especially if they are on the large side, and thus heavier.

I have a strong preference for elongated pearls. I think they are elegant.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no! Glad you caught it!
That makes me feel like I will need to restring my ombré when I get it. I would be so worried about the bean clasp falling open!

@MakingTheGrade I think that the clasp didn't just pop open. I suspect I must have hit my wrist on something to activate the release. I've been verrrry careful with it ever since!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just pulled the trigger on these baroque, flawed pearls. Not PS standards, but I liked the chaos, colors, and interesting shapes going on here. Many flaws but I loved them anyhow.

Lovely! (And I think anything we enjoy wearing is PS worthy - things don’t have to be perfect to be beautiful.)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Do you think the strands seem too shiny or formal when you wear them? One reason I like keshi/ringed/free form pearls and baroque is they look so much more casual. At 55, I am trying not to look like "Aunt Bea" so gravitate to the less formal shapes to prevent old lady syndrome. :)

Same! I just can’t bring myself to do a classic white strand. Too formal.

I can’t wait to see your new GSS strand!!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I saw this on Etsy and thought it was very attractive. It's quirky and I love the mix of colors shapes. The luster looks very good. Can't wait for your pictures and impression when they arrive.

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
@MMtwo loving your ombré strand!

I particularly like how some of the big golden pearls in the front have a hint of silver/white to tie in with the pearls at the back. Looking forward to seeing these on you.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I think I’d rather like a strand like this
09754C6A-4815-4D7D-A1C7-56C34708A009.jpeg

I keep coming back to look at these. They're wonderful, @MakingTheGrade !!! I absolutely do NOT need any more pearls. Yet... :lol: My evil twin would love to jump in and add some like this to the family. ...I have banned my evil twin from the keyboard. :naughty: :lol:

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful Gold strands ! I think you might be right about the 'bean' . I love the look of it and it's been find on normal size strands. For heavy strands I always use and interlocked clasp of some tiype. The double oval trigger less lobster ( the orbit clasp) is excellent. It's attractive and modern and works with everything... plus its very secure. You can get them on Rio Grande.

Yes, I really like the orbit clasps. They're very versatile and can also easily have pendants or charms, or interconnect with other strands having the same clasps.

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Bump - does no one else have GSS?......

Mukti

Shiny_Rock
I'm following this thread. Those goldens are beautiful!

Mukti

Shiny_Rock
Bump - does no one else have GSS?......

I do. But I forgot the sizes.
First strand is from PP, described as 22k gold, oval, smooth.
The second one is from Cees it's a very deep gold, 24k color, there's some flaw on the surface. They are definitely bigger than my PP gss pearls.

_20210301_175318.JPG _20210209_104811.JPG

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I am very partial to the deep gold colored GSS. Love that clasp, too, @Mukti.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are my baroque strands which I bought pretty close together when I first got on the SS train. Not as beautiful as some of the poster's pearls (which I love) but I am happy with them. The strand of the left feels huge when wearing. IMG_8744.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results