shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your fluorescence

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is one cool little pen light! Turns out, I have quite a few things with fluorescence! I'm excited - I'm so going out to a club and partying like a rock star---- oh ya.....
Some are just to hard to angle the camera and get shots of, but I found a lot on a bezel bracelet I own as well as a solitaire pendant I don't wear any longer and my grandmother's wedding band. Some glowed with a peachy pink tone to them --- what is that? Do white diamonds glow in pink as well? Must check that out ...

img_258.jpg

img_259.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi, I can just imagine what its going to be like at your house now: "Mom, what are you doing in the closet?"

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi, I had asked if you had any Fluor stones on the earring thread. Glad you found some :) I have quite a few myself, but my camera is terrible :(

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
CharmedOne|1352226001|3299927 said:
Enerchi, I had asked if you had any Fluor stones on the earring thread. Glad you found some :) I have quite a few myself, but my camera is terrible :(

Isn't it just the coolest thing when you see it happen right before your eyes? I love this!! I want to be surrounded by UV light and just live in the dark! (ok, clearly not my actual desire... but I do love seeing this effect!!)

Do you know anything about the pink effect that happens on some diamonds? I am not getting any answers from google. I guess I'm phrasing my search incorrectly.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1352225735|3299921 said:
Enerchi, I can just imagine what its going to be like at your house now: "Mom, what are you doing in the closet?"

oh, you know, i'm pretty sure my family just lets me run amok, knowing I'm going to end up some crazy bag lady somewhere, feeding pigeons and pulling a trolly.... but I'll sparkle like a thousand stars and look DAMN good at it!

They pretty much just roll their eyes at anything I do :lol:

chloeishere

Shiny_Rock
I only have one fluorescent stone that I know of, and it's not anything special by most people's standards, but I love the color and I'd like to get it set someday when I have the spare cash.

It's a 1.44 carat spinel I got off ebay with a best offer. I was interested in getting a padparadscha- like spinel, and after looking at loads this was the color I liked best and that I kept coming back to, even though it's it's a bit dark and saturated for padparadscha (the auction title described it as "Hot Orange Pink"). It's got inclusions (some of which are eye visible from a few inches away), but the cut is a symmetrical, non-windowed native cut, and for the price I'm happy with it. The fluorescence really sold me, as I love fluorescent stones! I didn't know it was until I got it and put it under a UV light, though. I was glad it was a "color enhancing" fluorescence! I won't really get to appreciate it in the sun unless I get it set, though. :rodent: I pull it out and play with it under the light every few months.

img_8116c.jpg

img_8123fluor.jpg

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Enerchi, I looked for some info online on pink fluor and not much found here either. I did read that it was rare and that yellow and white fluor in white diamonds should be avoided. Which may or may not be accurate now.

PS. Going camera shopping today. Canon point and shoot and look for a flower or tulip symbol. I hope that's right :)

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Resurrecting this thread as I recently bought a uv light! I feel like I've discovered that my gems have a hidden life that I'm only just finding out a both now. :lol-2:

Pink sapphire and diamond bands (red and blue fluor)
20171206_195918.jpg
20171206_195757.jpg

Burmese ruby cabs
20171206_194643.jpg

20171206_194625.jpg

20171206_194225.jpg
Mahenge spinel has red fluorescence.
20171206_194244.jpg

Purple spinel with diamond halo. The spinel has red fluor and a few of the diamonds have blue and one melee on the shank has a greenish yellowish fluor.
20171206_194948.jpg
plumspinel.jpg
Emerald center with emerald sides (the center stone turns reddish while the sidestones stay dark green..)
20171206_194159.jpg
20171206_194154.jpg

Last edited:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Resurrecting this thread as I recently bought a uv light! I feel like I've discovered that my gems have a hidden life that I'm only just finding out a both now. :lol-2:

GREAT photos. I can use the fluor uv light but not take a photo at the same time. You have a really fine collection, TFS!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results