shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your fancy color LGD

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
My first fancy color LGD was this pink mrb from New World Diamonds. At the time, most pink LGD were orang-y. The purplish ones had just shown up on mainstream websites and were out of my budget. Plus it was hard to find them under a carat. So when I found this sweet pink color at a reasonable price in a half-carat, I jumped on it.

IMG_8163.jpeg

These days, fancy LGD available on mainstream sites have a lot more variety in overtones and intensities. The weird ones that I tend to like have decreased in price. I am exercising patience because IMHO the quality will improve and the prices will decrease, although maybe not as fast as colorless. That being said, I have wanted a pink rose cut for a long time. Ouros had one listed and I contacted them to see if they could do a smaller stone. The price at the size I wanted was well within casual purchase price, so even though prices may continue to drop, I went ahead and got it since I had wanted it for so long.

IMG_2589.jpeg

IMHO the fancy color LGD market will separate more easily from the earth grown, natural color diamond market, than the colorless LGD market did from colorless EGD market. Because above certain sizes, the differences in intensities and saturation levels will be noticeable to the naked eye of most diamond enthusiasts. In that vein I hope there will be fewer arguments. Someday I will buy a carat+ super dark midnight blue LGD, and it will not be for the purpose of competing with someone’s carat+ super dark midnight blue natural diamond because how many of those exist?

Please show your fancy color LGD if you have one.

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
There’s nothing quite like diamond fire! I find that darker tone can limit the amount of visible fire though. These are both fancy vivid blues, top is lighter tone and a near H&A round, bottom is darker tone and a H&A round. The amount of visible fire is noticeably different in person, especially under the table where light has to travel through more material.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is such an interesting time in LGD fancy colors these days!
@oncrutchesrightnow ...does your purple diamond have a lab report?
If so, does it note fluorescence?
Lab pinks are the only lab diamonds I've seen with fluorescence.
And it's always orange fl... weird
But newer processes are in the works, and some are already here.
Pinks with no post growth treatment.
In terms of prices...it's the wild west out there.
While Colorless prices have tanked, FCD labs are, in some cases, the same price they were in 2021.
It's really a case of trying to make hay when the sun shines for these companies.
They lost millions and millions on colorless lab grown inventory- and there's really no "Rap Sheet" for fancy colors....so they feel free to charge what they want

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results