shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your emerald cut studs!

adele_h

Shiny_Rock
Hi team,

I’m dreaming of some new studs, and for some reason the thought of emerald cuts really appeal to me.. does anyone have any pics that they could share?

Thanks,
Adele

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
if you do a quick search on this forum, you can find lots of threads of emerald cuts!

adele_h

Shiny_Rock
if you do a quick search on this forum, you can find lots of threads of emerald cuts!

Oh no! I tried, but didn’t find any emerald cut earrings / studs. Perhaps I’ll give it another whirl.

Thanks,
Adele

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
Oh no! I tried, but didn’t find any emerald cut earrings / studs. Perhaps I’ll give it another whirl.

Thanks,
Adele

ah sorry, i mis-read it. i thought you meant emerald cut diamonds in general. did not notice you were specifically looking for earrings and studs, speaking of which,,, i don't recall i have seen any yet.. sorry!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need a pair these days, lol, so I hope someone on here has some they can share!

James L Hinnant

Rough_Rock
Not studs but they are emerald cut..

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

A friend has a pair of large emerald cut earrings. Very elegant and understated beauty. But my eyes were glued.

cheers--Sharon

adele_h

Shiny_Rock
HI:

A friend has a pair of large emerald cut earrings. Very elegant and understated beauty. But my eyes were glued.

cheers--Sharon

Thanks Sharon! My budget may not stretch to a large pair, alas - but I think emerald cuts ooze that classic elegance, I bet they were gorgeous.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One thing to be aware of (if this would bother you) is the potential for rotation. With round studs they’re always symmetrical to the other and to the ear so to speak. However with non round shapes rotation matters to some.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy is right. I have a small emerald cut aquamarine pair. I have to fix them numerous times before I can just wear them for the day. I try not to look at them again because I’m afraid they are turning on me. I think a plastic disk that goes on the post before the back goes on would stabilize the earring to help keep them straight.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy is right. I have a small emerald cut aquamarine pair. I have to fix them numerous times before I can just wear them for the day. I try not to look at them again because I’m afraid they are turning on me. I think a plastic disk that goes on the post before the back goes on would stabilize the earring to help keep them straight.

Yes! Great suggestion Joanne. Big flat plastic disc on back of posts should help stability.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would it also help if the post was fixed to the centre top edge of the stud rather than fully central on the back?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've got a pair and I really like they. They are E -.40 & .41 carats each

Sun.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results