clarity

Show Me Your Diamond Studs!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my current pair:
3.71 ctw H VS1/VS2 ACAs

3321EC84-F15C-444F-BB00-C92B9646CA05.jpeg

Oh to have tiny earlobes!! These are beautiful on you but holy bling when you upgrade!!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just upgraded from H, VS, SI1, about 20211117_132236.jpg 20211117_132153.jpg 20211117_132414.jpg 20211117_132004.jpg

Not sure
Beautiful!!

Thank you. I don't know what I did but it didn't put what I actually wrote. My upgrade is 2.86ctw.One is an OEC....both a nice, white, K color and VS-SI1 clarity. Nothing like having larger studs especially when you don't have small earlobes!

Bibbi*Jazzy*T

Rough_Rock
Here are mine. :)
Got these for my 21st birthday from my Father,
They are 14k white gold blue diamond studs.
They are about 0.15 carat total weight in size.
(Will be posting a better photo when I get the chance)
I also have chocolate diamond studs and other diamond studs too.
None of mine are huge, but, they sparkle like crazy. :cool2:

14k white gold blue diamond stud earrings.jpg

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
This is such a pretty setting- did you design it or could people like me ask for it? :D

Thank you soo much! Yes absolutely please enjoy and use! They are super comfortable, sit low and I still love the settings. Let me know if I can help you further. Keep us posted!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you soo much! Yes absolutely please enjoy and use! They are super comfortable, sit low and I still love the settings. Let me know if I can help you further. Keep us posted!

Oh you are too kind! Do you have more pics posted anywhere? Essentially I want martini studs but not the basic classic setting- it’s too simple (boring!) for my taste.

Quick question: does anyone know what alternatives/variations there are for la pousette backs? I remember someone posted about a slightly different style that has buttons that are easier to push down. That way, the backs are a little easier to take on and off. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

Vanilla Bling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Quick question: does anyone know what alternatives/variations there are for la pousette backs? I remember someone posted about a slightly different style that has buttons that are easier to push down. That way, the backs are a little easier to take on and off. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

Vanilla Bling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have the La Pousette backs and I’ve never had any problems at all. But I’d like to know about the other ones as well .

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

I love those types of backs but when I got bigger studs I had to switch to jumbos which are great.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

That was me! I have them and absolutely love them. Wink recommended them and he was so right. But OMG I'm having a senior moment and have totally forgotten the name of them. And my dinner is burning on the stove! Let me get back to you in an hour when I remember what the name.

That was me! I have them and absolutely love them. Wink recommended them and he was so right. But OMG I'm having a senior moment and have totally forgotten the name of them. And my dinner is burning on the stove! Let me get back to you in an hour when I remember what the name.

My memory is shot too and I'm not a senior, yet. I blame this pandemic... somehow.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Now that I'm fed my the blood glucose has returned to normal, I remember! They are called the "Guardian II Comfort Back".

This is what they look like, though I don't know the exact size I have (or even if they come in different sizes) :

I have a difficult time using the old fashioned La Pousette backs but the Guardian backs are super easy (for me at least). I use them on all the earrings I have that are designed for La Pousette-type backs. For example, I have the Cartier Love Hoop earrings and I use my Guardian backs with them because the original La Pousettes they came with are just so difficult to use.

I also use and really like backs called "Chrysmela Extra". They prevent dropping and are easy on/easy off but super secure, (they won't ever come off by accident). The Guardians are also very very secure and won't come off by accident.

Hope this helps!

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock

I second the Chrysmela backs that @RunningwithScissors suggested! They are easy to use (push-on like a friction back, lift a spring-loaded lip to release) and very secure (tiny ball bearings latch onto the post). I’ve been using them on studs for about 5 years and never once had an issue. They can be used on various posts (up to 1.1 mm diameter)...I think some of the La Pousette-style backs might need to be used with a specific post? The earrings with La Pousette backs that I’ve worn (mostly from VCA) have had thicker posts. For what it’s worth, I’m currently using Chrysmela backs with my ACA studs (standard 4-prong basket setting). In any case, your new studs look so beautiful on you. They highlight your jawline splendidly!

Now that I'm fed my the blood glucose has returned to normal, I remember! They are called the "Guardian II Comfort Back".

This is what they look like, though I don't know the exact size I have (or even if they come in different sizes) :

I have a difficult time using the old fashioned La Pousette backs but the Guardian backs are super easy (for me at least). I use them on all the earrings I have that are designed for La Pousette-type backs. For example, I have the Cartier Love Hoop earrings and I use my Guardian backs with them because the original La Pousettes they came with are just so difficult to use.

I also use and really like backs called "Chrysmela Extra". They prevent dropping and are easy on/easy off but super secure, (they won't ever come off by accident). The Guardians are also very very secure and won't come off by accident.

Hope this helps!

I second the Chrysmela backs that @RunningwithScissors suggested! They are easy to use (push-on like a friction back, lift a spring-loaded lip to release) and very secure (tiny ball bearings latch onto the post). I’ve been using them on studs for about 5 years and never once had an issue. They can be used on various posts (up to 1.1 mm diameter)...I think some of the La Pousette-style backs might need to be used with a specific post? The earrings with La Pousette backs that I’ve worn (mostly from VCA) have had thicker posts. For what it’s worth, I’m currently using Chrysmela backs with my ACA studs (standard 4-prong basket setting). In any case, your new studs look so beautiful on you. They highlight your jawline splendidly!

Thank you for the recommendation. Fortunately the la pousette backs seem to be working out for me...for now. But I'm definitely bookmarking this for future reference.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Oh you are too kind! Do you have more pics posted anywhere? Essentially I want martini studs but not the basic classic setting- it’s too simple (boring!) for my taste.

Hi there @diamondyes I have a whole thread dedicated to the studs and I went through a few iterations until I found what I loved. I hope you can find the thread. Keep up posted on what you decide for yourself. Happy New Year!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

The post and back are one size. I always try to remember to advise all of my clients that the back has a metal spring inside of it, so wearing the earrings with the La Pousette or Guardian backs in the shower is a great way to short circuit their longevity. Please always take them off and keep them dry.

If the mechanism starts to get sticky or not working well, please contact your jeweler to get the backing mechanism replaced.

Oh, Happy New Year to all of you.

"...wearing the earrings with the La Pousette or Guardian backs in the shower is a great way to short circuit their longevity. Please always take them off and keep them dry."

Oh...figs. Welp, better late than never. Thank you for the PSA, Wink!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
The post and back are one size. I always try to remember to advise all of my clients that the back has a metal spring inside of it, so wearing the earrings with the La Pousette or Guardian backs in the shower is a great way to short circuit their longevity. Please always take them off and keep them dry.

If the mechanism starts to get sticky or not working well, please contact your jeweler to get the backing mechanism replaced.

I’m dumb- what happens if they get wet? Rusty spring?

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock

Thank you for the warning!! Is there a safe way to clean them, in your opinion? Ultrasonic? Steamer? Or is all water best avoided?

Happy New Year to you too!

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
You can clean the post and earring, just not the mechanized backs.

I recommend just wiping them clean with a soft cloth and replacing them when and if the mechanism starts to work poorly.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This thread MADE me buy a pair of moissy studs to satisfy my stud needs (ok that sounds weird) because all these studs look so amazing on you ladies but I have no budget for real deal! Let's hope they look decent enough that I can stop reading this thread backwards and forwards over and over :lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results