shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Diamond Studs!

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if it’s a nickel allergy. Do you know if the last was 18k WG with a palladium alloy?

Well - no worries here, WF will sort it out!! I hope you can get back to wearing them soon!

I’ll try to wear it with my old friction back for now (wasn’t able earlier because WF forgot to ship it back to me with the new studs but they’re fast, they immediately ship it to me yesterday and I got it just now).
Now I can compare the new and old. I wonder if its also the problem. So both have same length, but the new one have bigger/deeper crown, which makes lesser gap in my ears. I noticed if the backs are too close it irritate my ears. I’m going to try with the old backs for now and see if it still irritate me.

Attachments

• 4D90B642-A07D-499A-A6D4-BB2D74DAE3BE.jpeg
    4D90B642-A07D-499A-A6D4-BB2D74DAE3BE.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 51

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@munchee the new is on the right correct?

So the post on the new *definitely* looks thinner. And the little doughnut, that’s going to make the earring sit deeper in your earlobe, just like you said

Wondering if these would fix it.
1. Changing to thicker posts like the original
2. Removing the doughnut and elongating the post

I would ask about a palladium/WG alloy just to cover all bases, but I can certainly see this being plain ol’ mechanical irritation.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know right... sighhh.... thought its enough but it’s never enough...
I think for my next upgrade (I know... why am I like this???? I just got it today and already think about upgrading o_O) I need to try on the size first to know if the size is practical enough for daily use. I think for now this size is actually perfect for my age, if I change it to 2.2ctw now I think it might looks too old for me. Idk why, I feel like studs size should follow my age. When I was 20yo, studs really doesn’t suit me, it looks too old for me. As I get older I can start wearing studs and get bigger studs over the year. Hopefully for my 40th Birthday I can upgrade to 2.4-2.5ctw. I think that should be my final upgrade (?) I think any larger won’t be fit for daily wear with the social circle and my lifestyle.
My Ering is H but VC strongly believe that it should be graded G color. I compare it to 2ct G GIA (the pictures on other thread) and it really is whiter than the G. So I think G is my sweet spot.

btw, my mom got 2.8ctw and she put it in her safe now because she thinks its too big for daily wear :lol: so I think I won’t be getting to 2.8ctw. There’s a possibility that I’ll move back to my hometown and there’s no way to wear 2.8ctw studs for daily wear back there.

I do totally understand comfort level of diamond jewelry in our social circle. I already have 2.56 ctw, and I am deciding whether to go to 2.8-3.2. My studs are already the biggest of anyone I am normally around! I used to think 1.25 each would be a dream, but honestly, they don't look big to be anymore! So I am going to try some and return for smaller if I decide they are too big! I love G color, too! That's one of my decisions this time whether to go with G or H!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exactly, I had the same setting from Sasha Primak. Yes it was quite expensive...but I am very satisfied with it.

Yes, I think they are very nice settings and look beautiful with your diamonds! Can you tell me which sales associate you worked with? My former SA helped me with those settings in the past, but my new one is not familiar with those settings and I might decide to get them again. If I know who helped you, I can ask my SA to ask them about how to order the Sasha Primak settings. Thank you in advance!

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
I do totally understand comfort level of diamond jewelry in our social circle. I already have 2.56 ctw, and I am deciding whether to go to 2.8-3.2. My studs are already the biggest of anyone I am normally around! I used to think 1.25 each would be a dream, but honestly, they don't look big to be anymore! So I am going to try some and return for smaller if I decide they are too big! I love G color, too! That's one of my decisions this time whether to go with G or H!

If its only because social circle/people talk, I never care about those :lol: I only live once not going to let them stop me:lol: but if I move back to my hometown, security is the biggest problem. Let’s say, not everywhere in the world is as safe as in the Midwest.

I think if you can get high H the jump to smaller G color isn’t worth it? I think we’re getting higher color in studs is more of mind clean over anything :lol: like me getting F color I can’t even differentiate my old F&G pair.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If its only because social circle/people talk, I never care about those :lol: I only live once not going to let them stop me:lol: but if I move back to my hometown, security is the biggest problem. Let’s say, not everywhere in the world is as safe as in the Midwest.

I think if you can get high H the jump to smaller G color isn’t worth it? I think we’re getting higher color in studs is more of mind clean over anything :lol: like me getting F color I can’t even differentiate my old F&G pair.

I will honestly say that they lined up the 4 stones and there wasn't much difference at all between the Gs and Hs. So I did decide to look at the H pair first. I've just got to find my comfort level in terms of size, so I am trying the larger ones first!

I see what you mean about the safety factor! Yes, that absolutely is the most important consideration! Fortunately I live in a relatively safe area, so I don't have to worry about that unless I start wearing 3 ct each studs, maybe! :lol: I honestly don't think most people even notice my jewelry. It's usually jewelry lovers who notice jewelry, and I don't know many in my local area!

mayo1209

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have a pair of J studs. I would love to see pictures if possible.
Thank you

Semy

Rough_Rock
Yes, I think they are very nice settings and look beautiful with your diamonds! Can you tell me which sales associate you worked with? My former SA helped me with those settings in the past, but my new one is not familiar with those settings and I might decide to get them again. If I know who helped you, I can ask my SA to ask them about how to order the Sasha Primak settings. Thank you in advance!

I worked with Brittany. Recently she informed that she will be on maternity leave (from 12 March) but I believe other SAs will be also able to help you for the setting, if you mention Sascha Primak.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’ll try to wear it with my old friction back for now (wasn’t able earlier because WF forgot to ship it back to me with the new studs but they’re fast, they immediately ship it to me yesterday and I got it just now).
Now I can compare the new and old. I wonder if its also the problem. So both have same length, but the new one have bigger/deeper crown, which makes lesser gap in my ears. I noticed if the backs are too close it irritate my ears. I’m going to try with the old backs for now and see if it still irritate me.

Oh, no, @munchee ! Did your ears heal quickly? How did the trial with the old backs go? One more week’s wait for me with this same setting—I look forward to your update!

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, no, @munchee ! Did your ears heal quickly? How did the trial with the old backs go? One more week’s wait for me with this same setting—I look forward to your update!

So I can wear it now, but I need to push the backs to the furthest back and get some space so it didn’t squeeze my earlobe. I definitely will change it because wearing it this way isn’t secure and it looks dangling. I think I’ll get stuller 6prongs if they can’t make 6prongs without donut. And to be fair for WF I’m changing my stone to 2.1ctw F Si1. I actually like 2.24ctw E&F pair because it’s only $800 difference but I really can’t stretch my budget any further so I’m getting 2.1ctw.

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
So I can wear it now, but I need to push the backs to the furthest back and get some space so it didn’t squeeze my earlobe. I definitely will change it because wearing it this way isn’t secure and it looks dangling. I think I’ll get stuller 6prongs if they can’t make 6prongs without donut. And to be fair for WF I’m changing my stone to 2.1ctw F Si1. I actually like 2.24ctw E&F pair because it’s only $800 difference but I really can’t stretch my budget any further so I’m getting 2.1ctw.

I don’t know if this is helpful at all, but I have unfortunately thick earlobes so I always have to wear earrings with the backs as far as they can go or they feel pinchy. Something that helped me was the Chrysmela (sp?) catch earring backs that feel quite secure even when they are on the furthest-back setting. They come with detachable plastic discs that help with the dangling issue for heavier stones too. Just in case that might help? In any case your studs are really beautiful!

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t know if this is helpful at all, but I have unfortunately thick earlobes so I always have to wear earrings with the backs as far as they can go or they feel pinchy. Something that helped me was the Chrysmela (sp?) catch earring backs that feel quite secure even when they are on the furthest-back setting. They come with detachable plastic discs that help with the dangling issue for heavier stones too. Just in case that might help? In any case your studs are really beautiful!

Thank you for your information!!! Do you know how deep/the length of Chrysmela catch? My post is shorter than what I want. I was browsing for the measurements and only found the width of Chrysmela, can’t find information about the length.

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your information!!! Do you know how deep/the length of Chrysmela catch? My post is shorter than what I want. I was browsing for the measurements and only found the width of Chrysmela, can’t find information about the length.

I just measured mine: they are 4.5 mm long (without the plastic disc) and 3.5 - 4 mm wide. The ball-bearings that grasp the post are right at the edge of the mechanism and are not recessed, which helps to maximize post length (which is something my chubby lobes need)

Last edited:

camelotshadow

Rough_Rock
Premium
1930's plat. Main dia approx ,85 OEC G/H Vs1 S1Looks really big on ears. Love them but they have those old wide flat backposts with sort of russian locks so stretches the ear. I splurged but it is a dream pair.
Tally P1000996.jpg Tally P1000988.jpg

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They have arrived! 1.324 ctw G SI1 ACAs from whiteflash. I went with the six prong martini settings with la Pousette backs—still getting used to them! The settings and diamonds are gorgeous and I’m very happy! I usually sleep in my studs, and I’m considering not doing that with these. No sun here this weekend, boo hoo!

I am trying dermplaning for the first time next week, btw. :)

The hand shot includes my 3-stone CBI ring in between my fingers for comparison (E color).

3BB5454B-B271-44E6-891B-1A487812529E.jpeg

Attachments

• 1DCE1E52-42F4-4C01-AB0B-10100B7D603C.jpeg
    1DCE1E52-42F4-4C01-AB0B-10100B7D603C.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 66E58A80-A9F4-4812-935A-DD9B6D0DCF13.jpeg
    66E58A80-A9F4-4812-935A-DD9B6D0DCF13.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 63
  • ABB0E7DC-1FA6-4A6C-99B4-0FADABEF322D.jpeg
    ABB0E7DC-1FA6-4A6C-99B4-0FADABEF322D.jpeg
    196.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 6FB0A22E-8D00-4D3A-BF4F-0513AE6FAD50.jpeg
    6FB0A22E-8D00-4D3A-BF4F-0513AE6FAD50.jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 49070536-8495-411A-BBDC-62B795E0ABD1.jpeg
    49070536-8495-411A-BBDC-62B795E0ABD1.jpeg
    174.5 KB · Views: 73
  • A499754F-C894-451D-BAD6-7FF8FB4E0AFC.jpeg
    A499754F-C894-451D-BAD6-7FF8FB4E0AFC.jpeg
    283 KB · Views: 64
  • C50B7A8B-D1A3-462F-9351-0356E25A9CB0.jpeg
    C50B7A8B-D1A3-462F-9351-0356E25A9CB0.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Iola80

Rough_Rock
They have arrived! 1.324 ctw G SI1 ACAs from whiteflash. I went with the six prong martini settings with la Pousette backs—still getting used to them! The settings and diamonds are gorgeous and I’m very happy! I usually sleep in my studs, and I’m considering not doing that with these. No sun here this weekend, boo hoo!

The hand shot includes my 3-stone CBI ring in between my fingers for comparison (E color).

They are so pretty and they look so pretty in your ear.

sparklynurse

Rough_Rock

They are beautiful and look like a perfect size for your ear. Wear them in good health and happiness =)2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

I love them. They are beautiful and the size fits your lobe perfectly.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

OMG l love them!!!! These are the absolute perfect size on you. And soooooooo sparkly!

Love, love love them!

I've been checking Show Me the Bling for you posting their own thread, I didn't realize you posted them here! Sorry I missed it on Sunday!

They fit so well on you! Perfect proportions, sits flush against your earlobes. And the sparkle is gonna be out of this world once the sun's out. Love em!

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
I will honestly say that they lined up the 4 stones and there wasn't much difference at all between the Gs and Hs. So I did decide to look at the H pair first. I've just got to find my comfort level in terms of size, so I am trying the larger ones first!

I see what you mean about the safety factor! Yes, that absolutely is the most important consideration! Fortunately I live in a relatively safe area, so I don't have to worry about that unless I start wearing 3 ct each studs, maybe! :lol: I honestly don't think most people even notice my jewelry. It's usually jewelry lovers who notice jewelry, and I don't know many in my local area!

Ahhhh YES!! I had a feeling you would be upgrading and I am SO EXCITED to see what you pick!!

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
It looks beautiful on you @KristinTech looks so white and sparkly. Perfect size in your ears too!!!!

lurkie91

Rough_Rock
Adding my teeny (0.25ctw) pink baby RG milgrain bezel studs, purchased from xothebijouxbox. Pardon my grubby fingers! FE9534B3-9B18-4F3A-B44A-B821864D4599.jpeg

Attachments

• 877F5357-9DEC-4564-A22B-E135CC31F2F4.jpeg
    877F5357-9DEC-4564-A22B-E135CC31F2F4.jpeg
    154.7 KB · Views: 83

heididdl

Ideal_Rock

Seriously you and I upgrade our studs around the same time. I am saving my budget will fit H color si 1.50 each 3.0 twc I think my husband will kill me if I go over3. Just selling offa few more thinks I should have them by end of may

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results