shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Diamond Studs!

Leigh10

Shiny_Rock
1.50 ctw. - for me, like 'Baby Bear' said, "This size is just right!" F-SI2 (both stones' had flaws near the girdle and the platinum martini-set prongs covered them!)-GIA cert. Ideal, Ex.-Ex., NF. Sooo flashy and white, I think :) Photos is two types of light and on an ear. IMG_1371.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1373.JPG
    IMG_1373.JPG
    182.3 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1384.JPG
    IMG_1384.JPG
    179.9 KB · Views: 113

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just gave my studs a quick bath..
Got it 5yrs ago, I think its time for size upgrade.. someday... I’ll hit 2ctw...
for now its 1.35 ctw F&G color Si1 ACA

4C9198CC-EAEC-4989-B6B8-D075BD71D9E3.jpeg

@mrs-b love your pictures!!! Your skill is so good!!! Looks professionally taken!! Are you using phone camera or dslr camera for taking jewelry pictures? I don’t know why the color of my pictures is too saturated :cry2:

Beautiful! What setting did you choose? Is this a WF setting?

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! What setting did you choose? Is this a WF setting?

This one is WF 8prongs setting, but I’m in the middle of upgrading and I’m getting the 6prongs one. My mom got the 6prongs setting and I like it more than the 8prongs. So I’m getting the 6prongs now.

sparklynurse

Rough_Rock
1.50 ctw. - for me, like 'Baby Bear' said, "This size is just right!" F-SI2 (both stones' had flaws near the girdle and the platinum martini-set prongs covered them!)-GIA cert. Ideal, Ex.-Ex., NF. Sooo flashy and white, I think :) Photos is two types of light and on an ear. IMG_1371.JPG

Beautiful and the perfect size on your lobe! Wear them in good health and happiness.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am happy to report I am wearing my OEC studs more and more. While not being a "stud" girl per se I have to share I am loving wearing them. I took a quick car selfie yesterday and thought it was cool the way the sun was streaming through the windows.

Iola80

Rough_Rock

OMG, beautiful. Congratulations.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Finally!!!!! After long wait and all.... My upgrade studs are finally here!!! I’m so happy with the quality of the diamond!!! As always!! My old studs was 8prongs with friction back and the new one is 6prongs with the larger back, I like this larger back because it keeps the studs straight up and not droppy.

0.912 F VS2 and 0.912 F Si1 both ACA
98EDE6EF-959D-47AB-9821-8F56A61D586A.jpeg

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Finally!!!!! After long wait and all.... My upgrade studs are finally here!!! I’m so happy with the quality of the diamond!!! As always!! My old studs was 8prongs with friction back and the new one is 6prongs with the larger back, I like this larger back because it keeps the studs straight up and not droppy.

Gorgeous, @munchee ! I’d love if you would also post ear shots when you can! Just one week and five days left for me! Hah!

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous, @munchee ! I’d love if you would also post ear shots when you can! Just one week and five days left for me! Hah!

Its sooo hard to take a good picture of studs... here’s the best picture I can get out of many attempts. Its not as big as I thought it’ll be but I think if I go bigger its not the best fit for my everyday wear for now.

Attachments

• 5682DC15-CBF6-4640-8604-F633EBA2F313.jpeg
    5682DC15-CBF6-4640-8604-F633EBA2F313.jpeg
    210 KB · Views: 88
  • 3B6105A8-2A6E-4A60-971A-DB419A47B2DA.jpeg
    3B6105A8-2A6E-4A60-971A-DB419A47B2DA.jpeg
    216 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Its sooo hard to take a good picture of studs... here’s the best picture I can get out of many attempts

What a great size on your lobes! You must be so pleased with these!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its sooo hard to take a good picture of studs... here’s the best picture I can get out of many attempts. Its not as big as I thought it’ll be but I think if I go bigger its not the best fit for my everyday wear for now.

Gorgeous on you! And it’s a great size too. ❤️

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock

0.912 F VS2 and 0.912 F Si1 both AC
These are beautiful on you! :kiss2: :kiss2: Keep us posted on how you like the size.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
These are beautiful on you! :kiss2: :kiss2: Keep us posted on how you like the size.

For now... I feel like it doesn’t have a big jump in size from my 1.35ctw. Like no one would notice that I changed my studs. Include myself, I feel like the size difference is too little. The old pair cost about $5k and this pair cost more than $13k. For that price, I think 1.35ctw has better value. Even if I got the same color and clarity as the old pair and only change the size, the price difference is still more than double. If I knew it doesn’t have big difference I would’ve not upgrade it... but I’m still keeping this pair.

for anyone looking for an upgrade I suggest to go at least 75% of your original weight if you still have a lot to catch up, because if only like mine it’ll end up very costly. With my upgrade I need to get a new setting which cost $400ish. And if I want to upgrade to 2.3ctw later I need to change to a new setting again.

Last edited:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
For now... I feel like it doesn’t have a big jump in size from my 1.35ctw. Like no one would notice that I changed my studs. Include myself, I feel like the size difference is too little. The old pair cost about $5k and this pair cost more than $13k. For that price, I think 1.35ctw has better value. Even if I got the same color and clarity as the old pair and only change the size, the price difference is still more than double. If I knew it doesn’t have big difference I would’ve not upgrade it... but I’m still keeping this pair.

I hear you and that's an excellent comparison. They look gorgeous on you and I bet we could tell the size increase! You got amazing quality, I love the settings and the diamonds are soo glamorous!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

for anyone looking for an upgrade I suggest to go at least 75% of your original weight if you still have a lot to catch up, because if only like mine it’ll end up very costly. With my upgrade I need to get a new setting which cost $400ish. And if I want to upgrade to 2.3ctw later I need to change to a new setting again.

@munchee Your new studs are beautiful! But honestly, you definitely can upgrade them especially with having a new diamond ring that is 2.8 carats! You could certainly wear 1.4 carats per ear or even larger with that size ring. I have upgraded several times, I am almost embarrassed to say! Each time I thought the size was big enough. But I wasn't upgrading enough in size to really appreciate the difference, so I kept upgrading! I am actually in the process of upgrading one more time! You are a wise investor so I have confidence you can save and get new studs when you are ready! You could easily go down to H color since I think your ring is H, right? That really helps on the price on larger stones. Anyway, enjoy these beautiful studs until you can get your next pair! WF fortunately has such a great upgrade policy! (I've just wasted money on some semi-expensive settings, unfortunately!)

(I think .90 each to 1.15 each is another small step. I'd recommend going to 1.2-1.25 at least. I went from .80 each to 1.15, and I didn't keep those long because I had really wanted 1.25-1.3 and upgraded when a pair came in. But over time, I decided I could go larger and just found a pair I am going to try out. I don't think I'll go any larger than these, but I might go down slightly in size to a higher color. All mine have been H VS so far.)

Last edited:

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
@munchee Your new studs are beautiful! But honestly, you definitely can upgrade them especially with having a new diamond ring that is 2.8 carats! You could certainly wear 1.4 carats per ear or even larger with that size ring. I have upgraded several times, I am almost embarrassed to say! Each time I thought the size was big enough. But I wasn't upgrading enough in size to really appreciate the difference, so I kept upgrading! I am actually in the process of upgrading one more time! You are a wise investor so I have confidence you can save and get new studs when you are ready! You could easily go down to H color since I think your ring is H, right? That really helps on the price on larger stones. Anyway, enjoy these beautiful studs until you can get your next pair! WF fortunately has such a great upgrade policy! (I've just wasted money on some semi-expensive settings, unfortunately!)

(I think .90 each to 1.15 each is another small step. I'd recommend going to 1.2-1.25 at least. I went from .80 each to 1.15, and I didn't keep those long because I had really wanted 1.25-1.3 and upgraded when a pair came in. But over time, I decided I could go larger and just found a pair I am going to try out. I don't think I'll go any larger than these, but I might go down slightly in size to a higher color. All mine have been H VS so far.)

I know right... sighhh.... thought its enough but it’s never enough...
I think for my next upgrade (I know... why am I like this???? I just got it today and already think about upgrading o_O) I need to try on the size first to know if the size is practical enough for daily use. I think for now this size is actually perfect for my age, if I change it to 2.2ctw now I think it might looks too old for me. Idk why, I feel like studs size should follow my age. When I was 20yo, studs really doesn’t suit me, it looks too old for me. As I get older I can start wearing studs and get bigger studs over the year. Hopefully for my 40th Birthday I can upgrade to 2.4-2.5ctw. I think that should be my final upgrade (?) I think any larger won’t be fit for daily wear with the social circle and my lifestyle.
My Ering is H but VC strongly believe that it should be graded G color. I compare it to 2ct G GIA (the pictures on other thread) and it really is whiter than the G. So I think G is my sweet spot.

btw, my mom got 2.8ctw and she put it in her safe now because she thinks its too big for daily wear :lol: so I think I won’t be getting to 2.8ctw. There’s a possibility that I’ll move back to my hometown and there’s no way to wear 2.8ctw studs for daily wear back there.

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
@munchee
Your new studs are very gorgeous, they surely spark very brightly on your ears :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys are right, I am already suffering from DSS! Now I am thinking 'hmm...a bit larger stones would be nicer, like 1.5-1.6ct each!' If I were living in US I would have seriously considered an upgrade already!

Hi, if you are still around, I wondered what low profile stud settings you have from WF? I have had low profile before and those were from Sasha Primak and fairly expensive. I just wondered if that is what you have or something from Stuller?

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone know where to purchase studs back? I’m not sure this is the right place to ask but I don’t know where to ask. Turned out my new studs irritate my earlobe. So back in the box it goes :cry2:
I contacted WF to see if I can change it, but their friction back isn’t so comfortable for me. I love their old friction back that I got back in 2017. Last month I lost 1 and I bought new friction back from WF, while it doesn’t irritate my earlobe, it’s not as comfortable as the 2017 friction back. I’m looking for a comfortable friction back because I’m going to wear this everyday.
My ears were pierced when I was a baby so it’s not supposed to be red like this :cry2:

Attachments

• 4612BA0A-630A-46CB-ADFC-BF1C65B6905A.jpeg
    4612BA0A-630A-46CB-ADFC-BF1C65B6905A.jpeg
    159.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Looks like your’re allergic. Did you change gold color or karat? I am horribly allergic to 14 K yellow gold but have absolutely no problems with 18 K YG which is what I wear now. Plat slightly bothers me.

Chewy_321

Rough_Rock

@munchee your studs are gorgeous!! I love how they look on your ears as they are perfect for daily wear! Congrats on your new purchase!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@munchee Ouch! ;( But they look so pretty on you from the front!! Ditto @Sunstorm - did you change metals? Or are your new posts thicker?

Semy

Rough_Rock
Hi, if you are still around, I wondered what low profile stud settings you have from WF? I have had low profile before and those were from Sasha Primak and fairly expensive. I just wondered if that is what you have or something from Stuller?

Exactly, I had the same setting from Sasha Primak. Yes it was quite expensive...but I am very satisfied with it.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @lucida818 @Cheriechewy yesss I love my new studs :kiss2: Sadly can’t wear it yet:lol:

@Sunstorm @yssie The new one is 18K WG, same karat like the old one. While for ring I’m ok with any metal but for earrings I’m sticking with 18k. I don’t think its thicker, if it is I don’t think its that much because I wore any kind of earrings when I was younger...
I’m working with WF to sort this out..

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @lucida818 @Cheriechewy yesss I love my new studs :kiss2: Sadly can’t wear it yet:lol:

@Sunstorm @yssie The new one is 18K WG, same karat like the old one. While for ring I’m ok with any metal but for earrings I’m sticking with 18k. I don’t think its thicker, if it is I don’t think its that much because I wore any kind of earrings when I was younger...
I’m working with WF to sort this out..

I wonder if it’s a nickel allergy. Do you know if the last was 18k WG with a palladium alloy?

Well - no worries here, WF will sort it out!! I hope you can get back to wearing them soon!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results