shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Diamond Studs!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks junebug and Monnyjay :wavey: I previously had a pair of roughly 0.8 tcw (under 5mm, perhaps 4.7~ish?) uncerted diamond studs that were a present from my mother. I was always a little disappointed at how small and unsparkly they were, so I was a little apprehensive about only going up 0.2tcw and 0.2mm (the new studs are approx 5.1mm). I think the upgrade in cut (as per the AGS000 grade) made a HUGE difference, not just the bump in size. These are so much whiter and sparkly than my previous pair (even though I would estimate they were perhaps at most H in color, due to the local market here in Asia not really selling stones lower then G-H). I did some comparisons and it turned out that I paid about the same amount for this WF, AGS000 pair of studs as I would have had for a 1tcw uncerted pair from Blue Nile. Also, this pair of studs is covered by WF's upgrade policy, should DSS ever kick in :naughty:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful studs mochiko! They look lovely on you!

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty studs!!! Great eye candy! :dance:

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock

dms42

Rough_Rock
1.81 cttw Blue Nile Studs

Hi Everyone,

I love this forum because it really helped me get a good idea of what my new studs would look like. I had been wearing 0.88 cttw for many years. They were the perfect size for everyday wear and I still love them, but I was ready for an upgrade. I purchased a 1ct marquis diamond and a 1.5 ct pear-shaped diamond from BN back in 2002. I went back to BN for my diamond studs. I just got them last week and I love them. They aren't super huge, but the are much bigger than what I had. They are from the "Build-Your-Own", 1.81 cttw (0.90 and 0.91) J in color, SI1 clarity. They are completely eye-clean ( I louped them as soon as I opened the box!) and face up totally white and sparkly. They have a Very Good cut and are GIA certified. I chose the platinum 4-prong basket setting with Protector backs. The protector backs are a bit more difficult but much more secure than anything else. No way was I taking a chance in losing these babies. I saw some halo jackets at Costco that I'm considering so I can change them up from time to time. But for now, I'm so enjoying them.
Here's a few pics...size comparison- my smaller 0.88cttw are on the left. And one "on the ear" shot.

Thanks for letting me share. MJ

2015-07-09_10.jpg

2015-07-09_0.jpg

20150709_095645.jpg

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, that is quite an upgrade visually. They look divine!!! Congrats! :appl: :appl:

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh...I said 6 prong setting by OWD...I meant 8 prong!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

tuckie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Be still my heart.
Yssie, these are INCREDIBLE. The stones, the settings, the whole look is just perfect (as are all of your pieces).

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww thank you Tuckie!! I've spent SO many hours going through all 38 pages of this thread... I'm very excited about posting my new pretties here too ::)

mystiqkal

Shiny_Rock
Here are mine. 1.5 tcw ideal cushion cuts to match my ring
img_4452.jpg

and on my ear (I have TINY ears though):
fullsizerender_1__2.jpg

islandgirl81

Rough_Rock
I really enjoyed going through all pages of this thread! Very beautiful studs especially ear shots. Thank you all for the inspiration. I have always loved wearing diamond studs. Almost 10yrs ago I bought a pair of .46tcw in bezels which I wore a lot. I just bought another pair with a halo of diamonds a few months ago which I wear everyday now, centre stone of .33ct each GIA H-VS2 triple ex and a halo of another.20tcw. They sparkle like crazy! I live in London and you rarely see women with bigger studs, here my pair is substanstial I think. Hehe Oggling at pricescope and the beauties you have posted make me want to aim for 1ctw on my next project! Lol :wacko:

islandgirl81

Rough_Rock
_32074.jpg _32072.jpg

.33 each GIA H-VS2 with .20ctw halo which totals to about .86tcw.

Sorry I didn't know how to rotate ear shots!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Your studs are very pretty Islandgirl. Love the halo, they are very dainty!

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
5 pt 4 prong pre-set studs by IDJin 14k WG

Not sure why these pictures are sideways!

The tiny tiny stud must be a 1-2 pointer that I've had forever.

image_75.jpg

image_76.jpg

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie
I love those studs. I love the setting. I might want them!!

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie|1438637240|3910625 said:

WOWZER what incredible diamonds :love: and size is perfection in your lobes :appl:

Orchid Lei - I am also loving your cheeky little additions :love: I was wondering what to do with the tiny diamonds I have in an inherited ring now I know :appl:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Baby bezel studs in 18K YG from IDJ.
.40 tcw

I am wearing them with my 1 1/2 inch gold hoops. I will try to post more pics on a sunny day, the weather is really dreary today.

_35085.jpg

_35086.jpg

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a pic of my ear with my .25 ctw studs and the .40 ctw yellow gold bezels.

The prongs on my .25 ctw studs are not massive at all. I am no sure why they show up like this in the photo. And, although it has been said many times in this thread,taking and getting good ear shots are hard!

I also added a perspective shot that I took earlier today.

They are super cute a nice addition to my humble earring collection :)

screen_shot_2015-10-28_at_6.png

img_9726.jpg

Zizzy

Shiny_Rock
Eek! I've just ordered 1 carat studs from Blue Nile, I've been thinking about it for a while. They are H VS2 Triple Ex GIA with a table % of 57. I'm hoping they're super sparkly. I tried on different sizes in a store and was pleasantly surprised to find that bigger sizes don't suit me, I was originally thinking I'd want up to 3 carats which would have taken some saving for. I'm hoping I won't get DSS but I think that only applies to my solitaire ring.
I'll post photos here when I get them.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Crystal, your earrings look really lovely on you! I really like the perspective shot too! I'm thinking to eventually upgrade and am thinking about bezel settings. Your earrings are really pretty! :appl: Hmmmmmnnnn.....

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Zizzy|1446341244|3944355 said:
Eek! I've just ordered 1 carat studs from Blue Nile, I've been thinking about it for a while. They are H VS2 Triple Ex GIA with a table % of 57. I'm hoping they're super sparkly. I tried on different sizes in a store and was pleasantly surprised to find that bigger sizes don't suit me, I was originally thinking I'd want up to 3 carats which would have taken some saving for. I'm hoping I won't get DSS but I think that only applies to my solitaire ring.
I'll post photos here when I get them.

Zizzy, congratulations on your new earrings. I bet they will be very sparkly! :appl: Looking forward to seeing pics when you get them. :wavey:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Rockinruby|1446344069|3944369 said:
Crystal, your earrings look really lovely on you! I really like the perspective shot too! I'm thinking to eventually upgrade and am thinking about bezel settings. Your earrings are really pretty! :appl: Hmmmmmnnnn.....

Thanks! I am really enjoying them. I am quite smitten :love: . I love the way they sparkle on my ears and how fiery they are, despite their petite size. I also love how they look like little diamond buttons.

I think that you will like the bezel setting!

monai197

Rough_Rock
Trop belle pour toutes les blings blings....

LesleyF

Rough_Rock
Yssie your diamond studs are gorgeous!!

islandgirl81 I love the style of your diamond studs. If you don't mind, where did you purchase them?

mcmisty I just rec'd my ering from Blue Nile and was very happy with the service/process. Now I want diamond studs (I have diamond fever). I am seriously considering ordering them from Blue Nile. Your pair are lovely.

islandgirl81

Rough_Rock
Monnyjay|1441628237|3924566 said:
Your studs are very pretty Islandgirl. Love the halo, they are very dainty!

Thank you moonyjay!

islandgirl81

Rough_Rock
LesleyF|1446824084|3946308 said:
Yssie your diamond studs are gorgeous!!

islandgirl81 I love the style of your diamond studs. If you don't mind, where did you purchase them?

mcmisty I just rec'd my ering from Blue Nile and was very happy with the service/process. Now I want diamond studs (I have diamond fever). I am seriously considering ordering them from Blue Nile. Your pair are lovely.

Thank you LesleyF. They are from a store/retailer called 77diamonds in London. :)

Zizzy

Shiny_Rock
I've been waiting for time and daylight in order to post pictures here. How on earth do you all get good ear shots?!
I am thrilled with my new Blue Nile 1.00 carat H VS2 Ideal cut MRB platinum Martini studs. I had a wobble when I first opened the box, they had fallen out of the box mounting slits and when I picked one up it looked tiny, however when I put them on they magically grew to the perfect size for my ears. The photo doesn't do them justice. I get DSS with my 2 carat solitaire e-ring but not with these little stars. I've worn them day and night since they arrived except for cleaning.

_35385.jpg

_35386.jpg

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
They are lovely Zizzy and you are right the size is perfect for you. Had I not known the carat weight I would have though they were bigger. Perfect! Enjoy wearing them. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results