shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your diamond hoops!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine are post backs and I use the chrysmela stoppers that lock. I use them for my diamond studs and now these hoops and I feel pretry secure I almost lost a diamond stud with a screw on because I didn't realize it can become unscrewed ovet time so I really like the chrysmela locking backs.

Thank you for telling me about these chrysmela earring backs! I have never seen them before - my hoops click into place (no posts), but I could sure use these for my other earrings!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Lykame, if it upsets you that much and limits your ability to wear the earrings that you want to, from my understanding, you can have a small procedure to stitch them up..then in a few weeks, have your ear re pierced. Perhaps that's an option?

Violet, mine are 'push ins'. Meaning the back section of the earring is hinged, and a small 'thread' of the back hoop is inserted into the front, you push front and back together, and the earring 'clicks' shut. It feels fairly secure and I've pulled shirts on over my head without worrying about the earrings and/or the earring going across the room. They are very light, which is always a concern for me because my holes are slightly elongated (which I hate). But I am not sure I would sleep in them, as I find sleeping with any earring in my ears to be uncomfortable.

Is that really possible? The actual location of the piecing is correct, it's just the angle it goes through my earlobes is different on each side. I'm not sure how accurate repeircing through scar tissue would really be? I would be open to it but it does seem very difficult?

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is that really possible? The actual location of the piecing is correct, it's just the angle it goes through my earlobes is different on each side. I'm not sure how accurate repeircing through scar tissue would really be? I would be open to it but it does seem very difficult?

This is interesting - sounds a little painful (as an adult). Are you SURE that dangly earrings look really strange on you? Is it possible that you're just being overly critical? I ask with sincerity, because my sister won't wear studs - she thinks they look terrible on her. In reality, they look about the same as they do on anyone else. Can we see a picture before you go stitching and re-piercing?

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
You would need to go to a dermatologist to get it done. According to one of my friends who got it done, they used a hollow needle to on her, so it actually took out a very small amount of flesh. I imagine if it would work for you if there is scar tissue involved.

Good luck!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
This is interesting - sounds a little painful (as an adult). Are you SURE that dangly earrings look really strange on you? Is it possible that you're just being overly critical? I ask with sincerity, because my sister won't wear studs - she thinks they look terrible on her. In reality, they look about the same as they do on anyone else. Can we see a picture before you go stitching and re-piercing?

It does sound painful right. I mean I remember the first time I had my ears pierced and it wasn't the most pleasant experience ever, although I know that there are other parts of the ear that are much more painful to get pierced - the tragus, for example. I do know what you mean about overly critical, and I take absolutely no offense at the question because in many things this is definitely an issue for me - but in this case I'm honestly not. If I wear hoops, for example, one will face forward and one will face sideways. I don't actually own hoops anymore because of that issue, so I can't really show you.

You would need to go to a dermatologist to get it done. According to one of my friends who got it done, they used a hollow needle to on her, so it actually took out a very small amount of flesh. I imagine if it would work for you if there is scar tissue involved.

Good luck!

I can imagine that's the only way to really fix it - to core out the existing piercing so that it can reheal. I don't have scar tissue currently, but I would worry that if that created scar tissue they wouldn't be able to pierce back through the existing location. I'm a bit of a wimp to be honest, I'm not sure I could go through with something like this, even if that means it's at the expense of me ever wearing hoop earrings or the majority of dangly ones. Welp. :errrr: It's interesting information though, thank you! :roll2:

TechieTechie

Shiny_Rock
That's how mine are and I love them! I had a pair before them that were the same type of clasp, but one fell out of my ear three times and I had to return because it was making me nervous. Mine are only 1/4 carat total weight, but super lightweight and I love them - I do sleep in them, as I literally cannot feel them at all when they are on. I'd love a pair like yours someday, but I do like the convenience of these, so I think I'll keep them, even thought they have a trade up policy. I haven't taken them out in months (except to clean them)!

Wow, that must feel awful to go to bed with a pair of earrings, wake up with one (I have a hard enough time locating my glasses in the morning). Once I get done with buying spree, good reminder to update my homeowners insurance with my watches, rings and earrings.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that must feel awful to go to bed with a pair of earrings, wake up with one (I have a hard enough time locating my glasses in the morning). Once I get done with buying spree, good reminder to update my homeowners insurance with my watches, rings and earrings.

It actually wasn't while I was sleeping - it was random times, like once walking down a street in the dark, and another time while at my husband's restaurant. Both times I was fortunate enough to find it, so I figured I had pushed my luck enough and took them back! They're not expensive enough to insure honestly, but I'd still hate to lose one forever. I already have a set of diamond pave hoops (gift for my 30th birthday), where I lost one and I still look at the other one in my jewelry box and mourn its friend. I keep saying I'll get another one made to match it but I never have and I lost it 9 years ago sad :((

It does sound painful right. I mean I remember the first time I had my ears pierced and it wasn't the most pleasant experience ever, although I know that there are other parts of the ear that are much more painful to get pierced - the tragus, for example. I do know what you mean about overly critical, and I take absolutely no offense at the question because in many things this is definitely an issue for me - but in this case I'm honestly not. If I wear hoops, for example, one will face forward and one will face sideways. I don't actually own hoops anymore because of that issue, so I can't really show you.

Oh you poor thing! I'm sorry :kiss2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought these in the LA's diamond district when I was over there in 2016.

About 0.36ct TDW for the pair, and they are small enough to just hug my big fat earlobes, about 12mm long.

I don't wear them on their own as they disappear on my fat face. :roll2:

I wear them with interchangeable drops: 3 pairs of pearls in black Tahitians, white and lavender CFWPs (I wire-wrapped the CFWPs myself), plus a pair of custom-made WG paved diamond drops for dressier occasions.

2018-09-07-22-44-30.jpg huggieswithdrops.jpg 2018-09-07-22-50-58.jpg diamondhuggieswithpearldrop_02.jpg

Can't wear bigger hoops as they will stick out and add width to my fat wide face! :roll2::lol-2:

DK :))

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought these in the LA's diamond district when I was over there in 2016.

About 0.36ct TDW for the pair, and they are small enough to just hug my big fat earlobes, about 12mm long.

I don't wear them on their own as they disappear on my fat face. :roll2:

I wear them with interchangeable drops: 3 pairs of pearls in black Tahitians, white and lavender CFWPs (I wire-wrapped the CFWPs myself), plus a pair of custom-made WG paved diamond drops for dressier occasions.

2018-09-07-22-44-30.jpg huggieswithdrops.jpg 2018-09-07-22-50-58.jpg diamondhuggieswithpearldrop_02.jpg

Can't wear bigger hoops as they will stick out and add width to my fat wide face! :roll2::lol-2:

DK :))

Those are lovely on you!!!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Figured I'd post a picture of my lone pave hoop I mentioned above. For my 30th birthday, everyone in my office got together and bought me this beautiful pair of pave hoops, which I had been eyeing at a local jewelry store. I was SO surprised - they were an awesome group of coworkers at the time. I wore them every single day for 3.5 years, but one day I lost one - I have no idea when or where, but it broke my heart. I've kept the other one, and always thought I'd have one made to match, but never got around to it - i worked in real estate, and well.....recession means no new earrings sadly. I pulled it out today when I mentioned it on this thread, and figured I'd post a picture - it's really hard to get a picture of this earring, but in real life it's SO sparkly and delicate.

05DED9DF-29E7-48FC-81F5-9070D9DD6EDC.jpeg EAA5EF3C-8C9B-470C-8E3A-10BAC9A848CD.jpeg 980D89BC-A64E-4808-8810-CFEE9AB240DB.jpeg

Last edited:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Could we see a picture with just the huggies and no drops on your ears? I REALLY like the size of them - that's a fairly perfect everyday earring!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
They are really beautiful and look great on you! Wear them with lots of fun and glitz!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_20190620_174141.jpg IMG_20190618_204728.jpg IMG_20190618_204725.jpg Here's my recent Costco hoops 1.5tcw VS2 I Colour. DH bought them for me as a push gift but contemplating if hoops are my thing. Thoughts?

Hi @msvuong - and welcome! :wavey:

Those are pretty and a great wearable size and Costco hoops are always lovely. But - with *your* gorgeous coloring?? PEARLS!! Preferably in yellow gold!

Also, I hope you have a really good quality pair of yellow gold hoops! I had a pair custom made by David Klass Jewelry. They're solid, not hollow, and have a clasp that will never break. I paid a bunch for them, compared to other yellow gold hoops, but at 18kt, 1.75", and solid - they were worth every penny!

Because girrrl - with your coloring and that whole gorgeous California beach thing you've got going on, it would be a crime against nature if you didn't have a great pair of yellow gold hoops!!

Yowza!!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_20190620_174141.jpg IMG_20190618_204728.jpg IMG_20190618_204725.jpg Here's my recent Costco hoops 1.5tcw VS2 I Colour. DH bought them for me as a push gift but contemplating if hoops are my thing. Thoughts?

I think they’re gorgeous!!!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
7978A9C6-8FD4-48F0-AA24-5FE3F638599B.jpeg F3889472-EFB6-467E-86DD-D74620226121.jpeg C90B8D8A-0B8A-4ECC-8449-1DC49C2824CC.jpeg
My sweet aunt came to visit and she brought me two pairs of hoops that she can no longer wear because her ear holes have stretched so badly - I was so excited to get these earrings, because I love wearing my aunts jewelry/purses/clothes. She is my moms only sister and my mom died a few years ago so it makes me feel close to my family.

First up - platinum hoops with one single diamond in each (no idea on total carat weight). I LOVE the look of these - classic with a little bling. They are heavy, however, so I need to save them for special occasions!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1A7BB122-B9BA-4360-8787-C28919F719D0.jpeg 512ACCD5-064C-40DC-A5EB-02B241E5DCFE.jpeg D5D9F6B9-2740-4C75-9D64-0DDCA40A03A1.jpeg DFCA839D-9C19-4437-A3C4-4B5FDEDADF9D.jpeg

This was the other pair my aunt gave me - tiny, tiny diamonds, inside out hoops. The lightest weight earrings I’ve ever tried on, with a safety clasp. They are about the size of a dime - total carat weight is 1/3 I believe. I Cant wait to wear them!!! They are super hard to photograph on your own ears, so I apologize for the crappy quality - they are hard to see, but I tried!

Last edited:

msvuong

Rough_Rock
Hi @msvuong - and welcome! :wavey:

Those are pretty and a great wearable size and Costco hoops are always lovely. But - with *your* gorgeous coloring?? PEARLS!! Preferably in yellow gold!

Also, I hope you have a really good quality pair of yellow gold hoops! I had a pair custom made by David Klass Jewelry. They're solid, not hollow, and have a clasp that will never break. I paid a bunch for them, compared to other yellow gold hoops, but at 18kt, 1.75", and solid - they were worth every penny!

Because girrrl - with your coloring and that whole gorgeous California beach thing you've got going on, it would be a crime against nature if you didn't have a great pair of yellow gold hoops!!

Yowza!!

Aww thanks!! I'll for sure look into it. So I decided to keep these afterall. Wore them out for the first time today and it felt right :) thanks y'all

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
1A7BB122-B9BA-4360-8787-C28919F719D0.jpeg 512ACCD5-064C-40DC-A5EB-02B241E5DCFE.jpeg D5D9F6B9-2740-4C75-9D64-0DDCA40A03A1.jpeg DFCA839D-9C19-4437-A3C4-4B5FDEDADF9D.jpeg

This was the other pair my aunt gave me - tiny, tiny diamonds, inside out hoops. The lightest weight earrings I’ve ever tried on, with a safety clasp. They are about the size of a dime - total carat weight is 1/3 I believe. I Cant wait to wear them!!! They are super hard to photograph on your own ears, so I apologize for the crappy quality - they are hard to see, but I tried!

I love your new hoops! Especially these inside/outside ones. They sound so comfortable while looking so pretty!

And I love that you got to spend some time with your sweet aunt ❤️

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww thanks!! I'll for sure look into it. So I decided to keep these afterall. Wore them out for the first time today and it felt right :) thanks y'all

More pics please!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your new hoops! Especially these inside/outside ones. They sound so comfortable while looking so pretty!

And I love that you got to spend some time with your sweet aunt ❤️

Thank you! They're very dainty - she said she thought I would be disappointed by how small they are, but I like simple jewelry. They're perfect for me for an every day pair! And yes, my aunt is the best! She doesn't have children either, so I feel very connected to her, especially after my mom passed away. It's nice to have someone to (sort of) fill that role as I progress through adult-hood.

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
Those are on my wish list - they look gorgeous on you!
Thank you.

You will fall in love immediately once you have them on your ears. They have so much fire & sparkle. And I think the small size of the earrings actually emphasize the diamonds more :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results