shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Daniel M goodies!

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Dan made me a platinum crown setting for my blue sapphire. I love it. IMG_4656.jpg IMG_4708.jpg
IMG_4641.jpg IMG_4648.jpg

How do you feel about his workmanship? Happy with the prong work, etc? DK is just too high for me right now. $1400 for 18K WG for a crown setting. Sigh

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
How do you feel about his workmanship? Happy with the prong work, etc? DK is just too high for me right now. $1400 for 18K WG for a crown setting. Sigh

I think he did a fantastic job with this platinum ring. He's made a lot of silver rings for me, and the workmanship on them has been pretty good to very good--the less engraving, the better--always excellent for the price, but not always perfect. However, I'm completely happy with the workmanship on this platinum ring. The prongs are even, dainty, and precise. The finish and polish are excellent. I forgot to ask him to make sure the sapphire's table was lined up with the prongs, and it isn't, so if that's something you care about, you should mention it to him. I would absolutely use him again for a crown setting.

ean

Brilliant_Rock
I think he did a fantastic job with this platinum ring. He's made a lot of silver rings for me, and the workmanship on them has been pretty good to very good--the less engraving, the better--always excellent for the price, but not always perfect. However, I'm completely happy with the workmanship on this platinum ring. The prongs are even, dainty, and precise. The finish and polish are excellent. I forgot to ask him to make sure the sapphire's table was lined up with the prongs, and it isn't, so if that's something you care about, you should mention it to him. I would absolutely use him again for a crown setting.

Thank you very much for the tip. He provides CADs though that I can show here so you all can guide me, right?

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Thank you very much for the tip. He provides CADs though that I can show here so you all can guide me, right?

Yes.

The only thing is, you may have to be very patient, because his turnaround time can be v e r y . l o o o o n g. Sometimes he's quick, but sometimes he really, really isn't. I think it's well worth it, but not everybody does.

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Yes.

The only thing is, you may have to be very patient, because his turnaround time can be v e r y . l o o o o n g. Sometimes he's quick, but sometimes he really, really isn't. I think it's well worth it, but not everybody does.

Thank you! Completely fine with me, as long as it doesn’t take an unreasonable amount of time ie more than 3 months without communication. I consider these projects my side hobby, so it’s not like I really have a set date or “need” anything on a specific date.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
He's been good about getting things to me when there's a deadline, like a ring for my mom for mother's day and just recently a ring for my sister for her bday. But it's been a month since he said he was working on a cad for my gray spinel cluster... and I'm still waiting. But I did tell him "no rush".
I find his prices are well below DK and the design process is easier for me as it feels like he "gets it" in one or 2 cads.
But it kinda bums me out people here are waiting a very long time and not getting much communication.

ean

Brilliant_Rock
He's been good about getting things to me when there's a deadline, like a ring for my mom for mother's day and just recently a ring for my sister for her bday. But it's been a month since he said he was working on a cad for my gray spinel cluster... and I'm still waiting. But I did tell him "no rush".
I find his prices are well below DK and the design process is easier for me as it feels like he "gets it" in one or 2 cads.
But it kinda bums me out people here are waiting a very long time and not getting much communication.

This is very baffling to me because he replies within 30 mins on a weekend and He told me turnaround will be 2 weeks. But then i only have a “simple” plain crown setting

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t mind waiting, it’s just I wish he’d be upfront about timelines. Like just say “look I’m maxed out, I’ll get to it in October” or whatever. FINE. Just tell me what’s happening! :wall:

ean

Brilliant_Rock
This is a dream I’m obsessed
I can’t wait to get her - photos for a little blurry but I don’t care lol C37D5DD7-C4E7-4586-9ED5-22E171BDC89E.jpeg 39514450-0C44-44CF-9EA4-D922E8BC1734.jpeg

Do you have more photos of this? I’m getting a very similar ring done with him.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My three stone ring from Dan is finished! It took about a month, a reasonable turnaround time IMO, though I've had him turn out other pieces in just a few days.

He's taking daylight pictures of the ring tomorrow, can't wait!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@leslie1956 I love what you did with the tourmaline!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Here's the best of Dan's photos. He sent the ring out today so I will try to snap some better ones when it arrives.

tour4.jpg

Leslie, I think our rings will be near cousins! I have a sugar loaf ring in the works with Dan in a similar design but my sugar loaf is a triangular green garnet and my side sapphires are pink

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Leslie, I think our rings will be near cousins! I have a sugar loaf ring in the works with Dan in a similar design but my sugar loaf is a triangular green garnet and my side sapphires are pink

Can’t wait to see it! Green and pink should be really pretty :)

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
She's much prettier in person!

n! tourm 5.jpg

Gorgeous! This glowy tourmaline cab is magnificent! Dan is very busy and I am sure he wants to show HIS work, not the stones in their glory. Maybe a lack of proper equipment and good light...That's why we need this thread! Congratulations! Enjoy your beautiful ring! :love:

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely glow it has! It looks just like a gumdrop. :kiss2:

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
My ring arrived I will take more pics later it’s so cloudy here but I did take ta couple 08E7D90D-7841-4909-84DF-FAB36C70DFF0.jpeg

82B309E1-D05A-497D-9147-EB8060CC7EFB.jpeg

Beautiful ring! This small spinel (?) is so lovely! Looks like it glows nicely even under cloudy sky. Yummy color! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results