shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Daniel M goodies!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would say his quotes are quite a bit lower than DK for example. I’ve only had one thing done from him and was really happy so he is doing two more things for me. I’ll post about them once I get them. There are some ppl who have said more critical things though so you may want to search the name more in the threads. :) I have noticed this just anecdotally, but it seems ppl use other vendors like DK for their more “high end” items. Not to say Dan can’t work with that, it’s just something I’ve noticed on PS.

I have used both and I would agree based on their strengths I would use Dk for something more intricate and dm for something relatively streamlined. However his recent work on the cab tells me he’s certainly capable- just his both jewelers work has its benefits depending on the work.

Laurainthesky

Shiny_Rock
I have used both and I would agree based on their strengths I would use Dk for something more intricate and dm for something relatively streamlined. However his recent work on the cab tells me he’s certainly capable- just his both jewelers work has its benefits depending on the work.

I have a pretty clear picture of what I want for my tricolor sapphire which is sleak and uncomplicated. For my cc garnet project, I am going to need some help in designing it as cc garnets are fascinating, but not beautiful. Do Daniel M and DK do designing help? No one responded my thread making me think that maybe people think it is not possible to create something nice, but are too considerate to say anything.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I have a pretty clear picture of what I want for my tricolor sapphire which is sleak and uncomplicated. For my cc garnet project, I am going to need some help in designing it as cc garnets are fascinating, but not beautiful. Do Daniel M and DK do designing help? No one responded my thread making me think that maybe people think it is not possible to create something nice, but are too considerate to say anything.

You might try bumping the thread. I don’t know if they do design help - sorry! I’ve only used each of them one time and knew what I wanted.

Laurainthesky

Shiny_Rock
You might try bumping the thread. I don’t know if they do design help - sorry! I’ve only used each of them one time and knew what I wanted.

I didn't want to look attention seeking, but I will if it is normal ps etiquette.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't want to look attention seeking, but I will if it is normal ps etiquette.

I don't think you made it clear in that thread that you were seeking ideas and wanted input. At least, I didn't realize that when I read it.

I've struggled with a design for my cc garnets too, mostly because they are smaller than my typical gaudy taste demands :lol:

Laurainthesky

Shiny_Rock
I don't think you made it clear in that thread that you were seeking ideas and wanted input. At least, I didn't realize that when I read it.

I've struggled with a design for my cc garnets too, mostly because they are smaller than my typical gaudy taste demands :lol:

I didn't realize that! Thank you. I am going to edit it.
Edit. Can't edit it. Will need to create new thread.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
For my cc garnet project, I am going to need some help in designing it as cc garnets are fascinating, but not beautiful. Do Daniel M and DK do designing help?

Laura, when Dan designed my rings, I described what I was looking for, and he came up with designs. For example, for my iolite, I told him:

-Stress the octagonal shape--don't make it look square or round
-Stress the pleochroic quality--make sure I can tilt it to make it look invisible/transparent OR blue purple
-Art deco style
-Very delicate, not thick and chunky

And I showed him an example of a ring he had made that I thought had a similar feeling. He came up with a design that fit all my goals. I asked for a couple of little tweaks, and then he made the ring.

IMG_2304.jpg IMG_2323.jpg

Laurainthesky

Shiny_Rock
Laura, when Dan designed my rings, I described what I was looking for, and he came up with designs. For example, for my iolite, I told him:

-Stress the octagonal shape--don't make it look square or round
-Stress the pleochroic quality--make sure I can tilt it to make it look invisible/transparent OR blue purple
-Art deco style
-Very delicate, not thick and chunky

And I showed him an example of a ring he had made that I thought had a similar feeling. He came up with a design that fit all my goals. I asked for a couple of little tweaks, and then he made the ring.

IMG_2304.jpg IMG_2323.jpg

I saw your gorgeous ring on his etsy page :) thank you for letting me know that I don't have to have it 100% designed myself!

Bunnie

Rough_Rock

Inbloom

Shiny_Rock
Aw, man, made a novice mistake. @Mreader, was your order shipped via USPS First Class? While my custom order with Dan got done and shipped super fast (LESS than 2 weeks!!), I failed to ask about what shipping speed he uses...If I had known it would be USPS First Class (!) I totally would have paid extra for Priority, especially now with all the horrible USPS delays.

So it was shipped 3/18, and arrived at a distribution center in MA the next day. Expected delivery is supposed to be today 3/22. As of last night it was "in transit, on time;" this morning woke to "in transit, arriving late." And of course I'm reading all these horror stories about packages delayed for weeks even now with no updates. I'm kind of nervous because this is really not an item I want going through the mail system with the slowest shipping speed and no insurance. Waiting for a jewelry piece to be completed is hard, but I forgot that being at the mercy of the US Postal Service at this time is even worse!

TLDR and moral of the story: Because I wasn't proactive enough to ask about shipping speed prior to shipment, my custom order was mailed USPS First Class and is now facing predictable delays with no insurance. Moral: Don't be shy and settle the shipping speed prior to order completion!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Aw, man, made a novice mistake. @Mreader, was your order shipped via USPS First Class? While my custom order with Dan got done and shipped super fast (LESS than 2 weeks!!), I failed to ask about what shipping speed he uses...If I had known it would be USPS First Class (!) I totally would have paid extra for Priority, especially now with all the horrible USPS delays.

So it was shipped 3/18, and arrived at a distribution center in MA the next day. Expected delivery is supposed to be today 3/22. As of last night it was "in transit, on time;" this morning woke to "in transit, arriving late." And of course I'm reading all these horror stories about packages delayed for weeks even now with no updates. I'm kind of nervous because this is really not an item I want going through the mail system with the slowest shipping speed and no insurance. Waiting for a jewelry piece to be completed is hard, but I forgot that being at the mercy of the US Postal Service at this time is even worse!

TLDR and moral of the story: Because I wasn't proactive enough to ask about shipping speed prior to shipment, my custom order was mailed USPS First Class and is now facing predictable delays with no insurance. Moral: Don't be shy and settle the shipping speed prior to order completion!

Yes it was first class so the same thing happened. For this next project I'm going to ask for more shipping possibilities because I also wasn't sure about insurance. This one absolutely has to be insured as the stuff he's working with is more valuable than the first project I did. But even with "priority" things have been slow :(

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Both gorg but the profile on that Opal!❤️

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
She often has zircons, she's on Instagram. And Dan didn't charge much for these & they are seriously my near daily go- to's. I can even sleep in them, they are that comfortable!

I know desert rose, I got the paraiba cab in my avatar picture from her :) I'd love to use that earring design either with blue zircons or other gems.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I know desert rose, I got the paraiba cab in my avatar picture from her :) I'd love to use that earring design either with blue zircons or other gems.

He had rosecut black diamond ones in his etsy and I just loved the design

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results