shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Christmas trees!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2007 11:19:23 PM
Author: Matata

Date: 12/5/2007 10:38:50 AM
Author: Mara
i have a lot of balls, who knew.

LOLLLLLLLLLL, LOL, LOL, ROFLMAO. I cannot, I repeat, I CANNOT believe, you opened this door and did not expect me (or several other quirky & irreverent members, you all know who you are) to step thru it. Whaddya mean who knew? We all know you have more balls than most of us
19.gif

omg, I have tears running down my face. the secret is out about Mara''s balls (I bet they''re platinum).
Nope.....

BIG BRASS ONES, baby! LMAO (which is kinda funny, seeing as how *HISS YELLLLLLLLLLLLLLOW* is considered "tacky" in some circles! LMAO

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2007 2:01:02 PM
Author: aljdewey

Date: 12/5/2007 11:19:23 PM
Author: Matata

Date: 12/5/2007 10:38:50 AM
Author: Mara
i have a lot of balls, who knew.

LOLLLLLLLLLL, LOL, LOL, ROFLMAO. I cannot, I repeat, I CANNOT believe, you opened this door and did not expect me (or several other quirky & irreverent members, you all know who you are) to step thru it. Whaddya mean who knew? We all know you have more balls than most of us
19.gif

omg, I have tears running down my face. the secret is out about Mara''s balls (I bet they''re platinum).
Nope.....

BIG BRASS ONES, baby! LMAO (which is kinda funny, seeing as how *HISS YELLLLLLLLLLLLLLOW* is considered ''tacky'' in some circles! LMAO
HAH I totally missed this on the previous page, don''t know how. And yeah, I was like hey no one said anything about my JOKE.
41.gif

platinum or brass...whatever metal, they gotta be sparkly...diamonds baby.
31.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Everyone has such nice trees and decor in their homes! Here is our tree, with Sierra our crazy half lab, half shepherd at the bottom. (It was my Xmas card this year!)

sierraxmas.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Toooooo cute Angel7

Linda

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Linda!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
FG~Wow. I didn''t let my OWN 2 year old help. She did a good job!

Angel~ Pretty and traditional. Is that a homemade skirt??

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2007 1:21:35 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Finally got our tree decorated! We''ve had it since the weekend after Thanksgiving but the decorating had to go in incremental waves in order to familiarize our new terror (cat) with the tree, and so that our friend''s 2 year old daughter could decorate. Only the non-breakable ornaments this year, so all the pretty blown glass is still boxed away.
That''s just lovely!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2007 12:38:07 AM
Author: surfgirl
Ornament close ups...Most of the ornaments are vintage glass ornaments.
Surfgirl: your tree is as beautiful as your ring! Traditional but glamorous!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Everybody''s trees are really nice! Seems that the predominant theme this year is red/silver/white. Very chic with white lights!

Having a bit of difficulty with getting one we like; picked one out at Target only to have them say they were sold out in a 100 mile radius of that model, and NO they don''t sell the display model. Now, we''re back to looking for THE TREE.
8.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/13/2007 6:59:24 PM
Author: somethingshiny

Angel~ Pretty and traditional. Is that a homemade skirt??

Thank you somethingshiny! Nope, it''s a Target bought skirt!
31.gif
Love my Target or should I say..Tarjay!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Our tree with cavalier...Charlie is in many of our pics
1.gif

Cavalier Xmas.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Risingsun and Risingdaughter...

Xmas Mom and daughter.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the tree Risingsun, Charlie is a doll!!!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2007 12:42:20 PM
Author: Skippy123
Thanks, Skippy! Charile is pretty good about posing for photos
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2007 12:48:47 PM
Author: risingsun

Date: 12/16/2007 12:42:20 PM
Author: Skippy123
Thanks, Skippy! Charile is pretty good about posing for photos
2.gif
You and your daughter look beautiful; I guess we were posting at the same time so I missed that pic until now!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2007 7:31:55 PM
Author: HollyS
Date: 12/2/2007 12:38:07 AM

Author: surfgirl

Ornament close ups...Most of the ornaments are vintage glass ornaments.

Surfgirl: your tree is as beautiful as your ring! Traditional but glamorous!
Aw, thanks so much Holly, for the kind words...I was going to post one of this year's tree but really, it looks the same so...why not save the bandwidth!

I totally feel you on the search for the perfect tree...We go to the same Oregon tree farmer family each year. They come down with tons of trees and they set up a huge wedding like tent, and put up tons of trees in water stands so you can see what they actually look like. I call it the Kleinfeld's of xmas trees because it reminds me of a luxe bridal boutique with all the gowns set up on stands waiting to be tried on! I know, weird but really, it's a great tree place. If you lived near me, I'd hook you up...good luck. You can always call LL Bean and they can ship you one pronto if you dont find one. Their trees always look perfect.

Marian, your tree is exquisite, your pup is adorable!, your daughter is totally groovy and beautiful, and you my friend, are gorgeous!!! Hey, can you post a close up of the top of your tree? I'm interested in seeing how you do it because it looks really cool but I cant see the details in those photos...thanks!

ETA:, Marian, is your little secretary desk an antique? It's such a sweet piece...

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Risings, I love the mother-daughter picture! You both look lovely in it
1.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Risingsun,

Love the pictures. You and your daughter are adorable. Love the picture of Charlie too, he is so darn cute.

BTW I love L.L.Bean, also LandsEnd too.
36.gif

Linda

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Skippy, Surfgirl, Onvacation and Linda for your lovely comments. I'm shy about posting pics of myself and truly appreciate your kind words.

Surfgirl: the desk is not antique, but is a handmade piece. I no longer recall the specifics, but I enjoy collecting different types of wood furniture. You can just see the tip of a D.R. Dimes chair. They are handmade, using the techniques and woods that were used when Windsor chairs were first designed and built.

I have some pics of my tree topper and a few off the ornaments. I'll have them up in awhile.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
This is our tree topper, affectionately known as the pineapple! I've combined some dried leaf clusters with glitter, some spriggy gold things, which we call our tassels, with a gold bow. I put the bow on first; arrange the leaves in back of the bow; and then put in the tassels. All of these ornaments are wired onto small green wooden stakes. We push things into the tree, rather than hanging them. Why, you might ask?? We had our more traditional tree with lovely, hanging glass ornaments. Our beloved Charlie decided to eat a glass ornament, in its entirety. That little dog must have a cast iron stomach, but he pooped glitter and tiny bits of glass for a week
6.gif
The next Christmas, we changed our traditional tree to the one we have now
17.gif

The Pineapple.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Ornament with extra bling...

Birdnest bling 2.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for visiting our tree
1.gif

Ribbons 3.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Risingsun, your tree is beautiful, and so are you and your daughter! I love your topper, it''s very pretty and organic.

I finally got around to taking pics of our main tree and a smaller Wizard of Oz themed tree in the dining room...

xmastr001.JPG

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like most dogs, mine love the camera...

xmastr002.JPG

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Wizard of Oz tree:

wizofoztr.JPG

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And one of those fun closeup shots of ornaments:

hrdcndyxmas.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
love the trees monnie and milo is super cute too!!!! i was thinking of getting a small potted fakey tree for our upstairs bedroom...since the rest of the house isn't decked out enough for me (HA HA as if, everyone keeps exclaiming over the rest of the house)...and ballard just put one of theirs on sale so a 3' is $55 so I am like AH HA! it must be fate
9.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Our first real tree! It''s a "Conifir Fir" and smells like oranges and pine.

elmortontree5.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
And here''s the one with the lights - we had several strands of "pearl" lights left over from our wedding, so that''s what we used to light the tree.

elmortontree7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results