carat
color
clarity

Show me your Christmas trees!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone's trees are so pretty.

DandiAndi, maybe you can go look at lights some weekend. It is one of my favorite things to do around Christmas. :appl:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1386195749|3567663 said:
Enerchi and butterfly17, I love your white trees with the turquoise blue ornaments. They remind me of Tiffany and Co! :love:

I was just thinking the exact same thing! <3

Everyone's trees look so lovely! DBF and I bought our first tree on sale at Lowe's last week for Black Friday...it's prelit and came with pinecones attached. I will post a picture later from my phone. I like it a lot but we only have 2 ornaments (one was a birthday present this year and the other he ordered just the other day and has 2 little snowmen hanging off it with our names! so adorable) but I have lots of ornaments coming!! I went on a bit of an ebay spree haha...I may one day be one of those old ladies who collect ornaments. Also planning on DIYing some ornaments once my clear ones come in. Very excited for that!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DandiAndi: I laughed out loud at that card - it is so perfect for me! I used to do that all. The. Time! I'd wait until the kids weren't around and then rearrange ornaments. It was really bad, though, if they realized it later and got all annoyed at my OCDness! :lol:

Now they mostly let me decorate the tree and maybe put a coupla token ornaments on - being busy teenagers and all. :roll:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is not my tree, but I saw it on Sunday when I snuck away for some peace and quiet at our local greenhouse/nursery down the road. I thought it was so cute that they used a garden hose as a garland, and a giant "terra cotta" container and burlap bag instead of a tree stand and skirt!

dsc_0737.jpg

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Here's our tree. It also had a gathered burlap garland, but it smelled so bad. We removed it.

This evening, it's a bird and four snowflakes short -- thanks to Miss Fiona.

_12414.jpg

_12412.jpg

_12413.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's mine

_12416.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just got our Christmas tree last night and will decorate it later this weekend hopefully. Here's a before pic for now. Last year was our first tree (my first tree and our first tree together that is) and we got it Christmas eve but this year we decided to enjoy it for a bit longer. Only problem is the cats just will not leave it alone LOL. Last year they broke a number of beautiful glass ornaments from the 1950's and now the naked tree is just as fascinating to them...those little monsters are insatiable. :devil:

Edited to add last year's tree-my first tree Christmas 2012.

ournakedchristmastreedec2013.jpg

_12482.jpg

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
My husband and I have lived a nomadic life across several tiny 1br apartments over the years, so here's our little nomadic tree and eclectic ornaments. One day we'll go full sized, and maybe even adopt a color scheme, but not for a few years yet. :bigsmile:

454christmastree1.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HopeDream|1386469431|3569840 said:
My husband and I have lived a nomadic life across several tiny 1br apartments over the years, so here's our little nomadic tree and eclectic ornaments. One day we'll go full sized, and maybe even adopt a color scheme, but not for a few years yet. :bigsmile:

Awws HopeDream, what a sweet little tree. :love: I really like it. :appl:

nomadictree.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL we started decorating and look who we found under the tree. Look at his glowy eyes hehe. Our Tommy is such a sweetie but he's also the one who broke many of the glass ornaments last year that were from the 1950's.

I am sharing a pic of first ornament we bought together and my dh made the star for our tree.
Right now we are not decorating the bottom of the tree because our kitties (especially Tommy) will just bat them around and break them so closer to the holiday we will complete the tree. It's just safer that way lol.

tommyundertree.jpg

ourfirstornamenttogether.jpg

tree2013.jpg

ourstar.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic trees everyone!! I love that other people are as OCD about decorating their trees as I am :twirl: I finally feel like I belong :bigsmile: I'm loving all of the kitty stories too, they are such little thieves!!!!!!!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all the trees! I can see people's personality in them. The trees with lots of white or lighter color ornaments appeal to me, look fresh. Our ornaments are pretty old fashioned, but it does make me understand why people start over with a whole new color scheme. I think the kids are pretty attached to the ornaments so can't do it at this stage.

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what beautiful trees. Here's our little tree this year. I usually do a large version of this for the living room and put this small one downstairs, but this year we're only doing the small tree.

img_00001204.jpg

img_00001203.jpg

img_00001201.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ended up doing 2 trees. I put a big one upstairs so the toddler can't get to it, and a smaller one in the landing of the stairs because we keep it gated. Next year I hope to take advantage of our house's architecture and install a very. tall. tree. downstairs, if I think the child is capable of leaving it alone. Oh, I guess I did a 3rd one--a little pink tree for her.

dsc_0804.jpg

xmas849.jpg

dsc_0799.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love seeing all these trees!!! :love:

Ours has plastic ornaments because my twin boys love to touch the ornaments. This is actually their tree; when they are a little bigger I will pull out our big tree we use to use before the boys were born.

1472861_10202068456466758_522274178_n.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Finally put our tree up yesterday. I only put one up this time because it's getting late and the spot I had it in last year has been taken up by a spin bike. I don't think the white tree looks quite right in my family room, I prefer the green one better, but my husband brought up the white tree and it's decorations, so there it is.
I also didn't put up the hallmark ornaments this year. I just did balls, snowflakes and butterflies.
I bought some really large butterfly ornaments last year on sale after Christmas and I can't seem to find them. I'll probably find them after we put the tree away! :bigsmile:

_254.png

_12803.jpg

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
I love everyones trees! Our little Christmas tree isn't actually a spruce but a Norfolk araucaria that I got as a birthday gift from a friend last year. Couldn't find the star yet (!) but I'm sure it will turn up before Christmas Eve! :mrgreen:

I also added the "Christmas tree" from our University library. It's made of law books!!

imag1323.jpg

n__ytt__kuva_2013-12-19_kohteessa_21.png

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These trees are all so fun to look at! Kali, love your "live" tree, and the law book one is so creative! I love non-traditional "trees!"

Butterfly, your tree looks great. Hope you find your big butterflies soon!

Skippy, I know, I kind of can't wait until I can get back to having a big tree where I want it when A is old enough to help decorate, and leave it alone! Your tree looks pretty, and fun!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Better late than never!

2013_0.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's techically not even Christmas anymore, but here's mine - there ended up being more than one present under the tree lol!

img_3134.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, what a beautiful silvery wintery tree! Love it
You always do such a great job with designing things for your home. I love to see what you come up with!

Jumebug, your tree is gorgeous! So warm, reminds me of an old cut diamond with a candlelit glow. Love your tree against the white/beige backdrop of your home. So inviting and cozy. Thank you for sharing even "after" Christmas.

nottospec

Shiny_Rock
I didn't get a photo of our tree this year but I let my 11 year old decorate with no interference. He wound the beady things and lights around the tree sooooo tight the tree looked like it had been wrapped up like a mummy!!! then proceeded to add most of the decorations to one side and the tree had a bit of a lean. We all laughed, at least he made the effort but I did have to resist the urge to move everything around once he had gone to bed!!!

nottospec

Shiny_Rock
BTW, gorgeous trees everyone. I love how each one has a different personality!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much Monnie!! That's one of the nicest compliments anyone's given me! I love the white and silver tree, especially out in CA, because it's like... snow and ice on the tree. Puts me in a winter state of mind even when it is 64 outside (like it was today).

Dh wants color next year though, so I will need to break out the other half of my ornaments. :bigsmile:

I love the pink toddler tree and your multiple trees period. I've never done multiple trees but... you've got me thinking of doing two next year.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
ALL These trees are gorgeous!!! :love: wow, the book one is clever! It kind of makes me sad it is over and soon we will take down our tree.

monarch64|1387483395|3577646 said:
These trees are all so fun to look at! Kali, love your "live" tree, and the law book one is so creative! I love non-traditional "trees!"

Butterfly, your tree looks great. Hope you find your big butterflies soon!

Skippy, I know, I kind of can't wait until I can get back to having a big tree where I want it when A is old enough to help decorate, and leave it alone! Your tree looks pretty, and fun!

Monnie, I can't wait either! I love your trees. thanks friend!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I started taking mine down today! :errrr: I know if I don't get ahead of things, I will blink and it will be February and I'll still have trees up. I usually wait until at least after New Year's, but toddler and organization do not mix here so I'm getting a head start.

The lady across the street has no kids and still has plastic Easter eggs around her mailbox. Maybe I've just had that in the back of my mind and don't want to be "that" neighbor. LOL

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1388036461|3580614 said:
Jumebug, your tree is gorgeous! So warm, reminds me of an old cut diamond with a candlelit glow. Love your tree against the white/beige backdrop of your home. So inviting and cozy. Thank you for sharing even "after" Christmas.

Just saw this - thank you so much monarch! :)) I love your trees too - your daughter's pink tree is adorable, I really wish I had done trees for my kids when they were little. :(sad

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw thanks Junebug! My girl is too little to recognize "her" tree, so it was really for me...but maybe next year she will "get it." You could always still do trees for your kids, no matter what age they are. Just pick a theme or even color that suits them and go to town! I bet they would love it. Never too late to start. Never too early to begin, right?!

Hope you had a wonderful holiday. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results