shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your BLUES

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

i am researchhing on blue fluor - its effect on diff color grade diamonds, as well as how it transforms in different lightings. i have definitely seen quite a few beauties on SMTB yet having difficulty finding them now, so i thought why not start a thread for BLUE owners to share their beauties :)

Please specify your diamond's color, clarity and how strong your blue is. Thank you.

PS. if there's already a thread, please ignore this and kindly point me to it. Thanks!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
1.15ct, H, VS1, Star129 cut, Medium Blue

imageuploadedbytapatalk1343664065.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1343664122.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1343664148.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1343664174.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

imageuploadedbytapatalk1343664272.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1343664377.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1343664423.jpg

Md123456789

Shiny_Rock
2.03 carat
GIA XXVG
J, SI2
Medium Blue
wedding_band4.jpg
Candlepic.jpg
IMG_0024_1.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
0.74ct D SI1 Strong Blue fluor

ring_img_4433__small_.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a 1.01ct I colour with strong blue fluor. It is amazingly white (and I attribute that to the fluor).

diamond_pear_in_sunlight_1_1.jpg

diamond_pear8_1_1.jpg

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Here's my sisters 2 carat BGD Blue- SBF, I color, SI2 clarity (only inclusion is one feather along the edge but the stone is completely eye clean from all angles).

Here's her diamond in direct sunlight around noon (photo taken with my iPhone and is completely unedited - her diamond looks BLUE in sunlight :love: )

I don't have any good shots of it indoors but I also attached a pic of her ring (I color) in partial shade next to my band with F/G stones (some have degrees of fluorescence but not strong). It's not blue like this inside but I do think the SBF helps it look whiter than "I" color.

sfb.jpg

i_color_e-ring_next_to_fg_color_band.jpg

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
I zoomed in on the diamond in this pic. It's blurry but you can really see the contrast in color (due to the SBF) of her stone compared to the colorless melee.

blurry_sbf_pic.png

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
omg LALove that blue fluor is amazing!!!! I'm a big fan of blue so I know I will definitely be trying to get a diamond with fluor for my ering!!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1343698992|3243341 said:
omg LALove that blue fluor is amazing!!!! I'm a big fan of blue so I know I will definitely be trying to get a diamond with fluor for my ering!!
I agree! I LOVE fluorescence!!! :love: :lickout:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful thread! Mine is a 1.58 G VS1 with SBF from Good Old Gold (last pic is with UV light):

img_2895.jpg

img_2911.jpg

img_2900.jpg

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
ok... where did my post go?? ok, rewriting...

stunning stunning stunning!

@move1986 - nice coverage, love your setting

@ame - wow, first time seeing a star129. DId you purposely align the prongs with the table corners?

@Md123456789 - doesn't look like a J to me. Does it face up 1 or 2 shades whiter?

@ecf8503 - a D!!! rare and beautiful! i have an F and it's not white enough. D is a dream for me

@LD - i would never have guessed it an I, F tops!

@LAlove - wow, the way it transforms! it's as if the diamond has a secret identity that only the insiders know!

@diamondseeker2006 - you've shown me exactly what i want to see, a G with SB is what I am looking at!

thank you ladies for sharing. Guys, keep the photos coming!

Md123456789

Shiny_Rock
GreenBling|1343712945|3243485 said:
ok... where did my post go?? ok, rewriting...

stunning stunning stunning!

@move1986 - nice coverage, love your setting

@ame - wow, first time seeing a star129. DId you purposely align the prongs with the table corners?

@Md123456789 - doesn't look like a J to me. Does it face up 1 or 2 shades whiter?

@ecf8503 - a D!!! rare and beautiful! i have an F and it's not white enough. D is a dream for me

@LD - i would never have guessed it an I, F tops!

@LAlove - wow, the way it transforms! it's as if the diamond has a secret identity that only the insiders know!

@diamondseeker2006 - you've shown me exactly what i want to see, a G with SB is what I am looking at!

thank you ladies for sharing. Guys, keep the photos coming!

Hi Greenbling!! Thanks so much for your nice words about my J. to be honest, my stone before this was a poorly cut I with strong blue fourescence so I haven't really been exposed to many high color stones IRL. I got that stone prior to joining PS and I never gave a second thought to the color. I think my stone faces up very white and many people have commented on it! the flour I'm sure helps. It looks whiter to me than my I did, probably because of the cut. However, you can definitely see the color from the sides more but I have a basket style head and it just really doesn't bother me.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
GreenBling|1343712945|3243485 said:
I did, though the last time they messed with it was slightly moved and it's annoying as hell.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
omg diamondseeker that UV lighting is amazing!! so cool!

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Brian Gavin Blue 1.22 ct G SI1 Med Blue Fluor :))

2-10-2012%204-56-52%20PM.jpg IMG_08331.jpg

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have any outdoor pictures and my camera is pink. So in almost all the pictures you see this pink reflection :lol:
I do see this blue glow when I stand under the sun. Both my appraiser and jeweler think this is strong blue, but AGS graded it medium blue.
I love the BLUE!

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
Here is my K VVS2 with medium blue in direct sunlight

halo_resized_steering_wheel_shot.jpg

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
Outside in late afternoon...not in sunlight...trying again because I lost a post!

old_halo_next_to_0.jpg

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
@OCgirl, :love: it's very white! Icy icy white!

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
lvnut|1343840613|3244348 said:
Outside in late afternoon...not in sunlight...trying again because I lost a post!

@lvnut, sorry for distracting everyone... But i have to cooment on your beautiful long slender fingers. Your nails are very very pretty as well!

Alright, back to the diamond. Does the K look this white most time? When so you tend to see the color?

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
Thank you GreenBling for your compliment on my hands and long slender fingers! I am a size 3 which makes trying on rings not so much fun....

These pics are are pretty much what it looks like in most lighting situations. Some jewelry stores have an odd type of lighting which makes it go kind of dark...although one of my friends who works there said that a lot of ideal cut stones do that anyway so I'm not sure if it's a "K" problem or a "good cut" problem! I also notice that because of it's size (the center is 4.19 carats) it does tend to pick up colors from the environment more than a smaller stone does. Hope that helps!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love the blue in mine. It's an I with SBF. I haven't noticed the fluor as much since I halo'ed it but it used to knock me over when it was set alone. I love it because to me there's no yellow showing at all, plus I love breaking out my blacklight and showing its glow to anyone who's interested.

sbg.png

sbf3.png

sbf2.png

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
my earrings are twins from different fathers :rodent: as their specs are quite different but a mother loves all her children no matter what right? Honestly, when they are on the ears, 6 inches apart, you really can't tell the difference.

They are both GIA stones. the one on top is G MB, the other one F. It's very hard to tell the stones apart in real life. The G is v v slighly darker. But the photo really picks up the color in the G. I have the G MB for years now, never notice the fluor, not even when it was set as a ring.

imag2272.jpg

jacy

Shiny_Rock
I love all these blues! Here's mine, which is a .78ct, F, SI1, strong blue. This photo was taken in filtered sunlight under a tree:

jcblulagoon.jpg.jpg

This photo was taken inside by a north window:

_428_1.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a great thread! I really love all these diamonds! :love: Makes me want to go get out my UV light just for fun!

snoopkat

Shiny_Rock
Here's mine:) .61 F SI2 med fluor.

2012-06-29_0.jpg

violetskies

Rough_Rock
Don't yet have any particularly good ones of my ring as I'm still learning how to use my camera, but I managed to snap some pretty cool flourescent pictures under a black light.

Diamond is 0.8ct J colour VS1 RB with Medium Blue Fluoro. It is SOOOOOOO sparkly!

This is probably one of my favourites (sorry for massive size, not sure how to work the settings) -

closeup1.jpg

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
LALove|1343697588|3243323 said:
Here's my sisters 2 carat BGD Blue- SBF, I color, SI2 clarity (only inclusion is one feather along the edge but the stone is completely eye clean from all angles).

Here's her diamond in direct sunlight around noon (photo taken with my iPhone and is completely unedited - her diamond looks BLUE in sunlight :love: )

I don't have any good shots of it indoors but I also attached a pic of her ring (I color) in partial shade next to my band with F/G stones (some have degrees of fluorescence but not strong). It's not blue like this inside but I do think the SBF helps it look whiter than "I" color.
WOW! Now THAT is blue...how amazing! Love it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results