shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Bezel Studs!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
oobiecoo (your screen name makes me smile every time, LOL). I just saw these settings on Adwar - I know WF works with Adwar - might be worth investigating! I love the little side melee.

style_top.jpg

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Gecko- I talked to Whiteflash about using a stock bezel setting and the price ended up being even higher than their "ready,set,go" basket studs and probably close to their custom full bezel price as well. There''s no way I wanted to spend that much! Thanks for the suggestion though.

Pinkstars- Those are VERY pretty and would be the perfect size for me, I think! Thanks for your picture
1.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 11:43:32 AM
Author: oobiecoo
Gecko- I talked to Whiteflash about using a stock bezel setting and the price ended up being even higher than their ''ready,set,go'' basket studs and probably close to their custom full bezel price as well. There''s no way I wanted to spend that much! Thanks for the suggestion though.

Pinkstars- Those are VERY pretty and would be the perfect size for me, I think! Thanks for your picture
1.gif
Bummer. Ah well. Why on earth doesn''t ERD offer anything between .5 and 1ct on their bezel studs? Odd.

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
You''re welcome! It is a bit difficult to talk to the people at ERD, but I think it''s worth it. I hope you get them soon!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 12:03:46 PM
Author: pinkstars
You''re welcome! It is a bit difficult to talk to the people at ERD, but I think it''s worth it. I hope you get them soon!

Do you mean getting a hold of them? Or just understanding each other? I had a problem with the 2nd guy I spoke to not really understanding my questions. And once he did understand, he kind of dismissed it as unimportant and just gave me his best guess instead of checking for sure.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I saw those on the ID website! They look like the same settings as Blue Nile and ERD but cheaper. I''ve never heard anything about ID Jewelry though... do you know anything about them?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 3:29:51 PM
I saw those on the ID website! They look like the same settings as Blue Nile and ERD but cheaper. I''ve never heard anything about ID Jewelry though... do you know anything about them?

Only that they''re listed on the Vendor site! Other than that, not so much.

Deedaa

Rough_Rock
Here are my Blue Nile bezel set studs. They are .38ct each, so .76 total weight, H, SI2, GIA excellent cut. I picked them on value for money. Whilst I''d love super-ideal cut stones, on my ears for everyday wear, I was willing to make the sacrifice. I also looked at WF but their bezel setting was quite expensive.

The settings sit very well on my ears, nice and flat. Not sure how the depth of the setting would go with smaller stones, or if the setting depth reduces proportionally to the stone.

Anyway, here are the photos (sory, poor lighting and average camera).

deedaaear1.JPG

Deedaa

Rough_Rock
Photo 2

The bezels are very fine, probably thinner than I was expecting but I love the dainty look.

deedaaear2.JPG

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 12:38:11 PM

Do you mean getting a hold of them? Or just understanding each other? I had a problem with the 2nd guy I spoke to not really understanding my questions. And once he did understand, he kind of dismissed it as unimportant and just gave me his best guess instead of checking for sure.

I thought it was difficult just communicating with them. It felt like nobody had ever dealt with customers before. But getting those beautiful diamonds is definitely worth it!!!
And here''s another picture so you can see how the bezel looks.

2008_0527diamonds0016222111222.JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I need to keep reminding myself that I need to save up for a new wedding band first. LOL. Totally in love with all of the bezels here. Oobiecoo I think you''ve created a monster!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 12:13:03 AM
Author: Deedaa
Photo 2

The bezels are very fine, probably thinner than I was expecting but I love the dainty look.

Very pretty! I''ve been considering pre-sets from Blue Nile.

Gecko- I spoke with I.D.Jewelry and it looks like I''ll probably be going with them. They were so helpful on the phone and their prices are really great. It sounds like they''ll really do whatever it takes to get the customer exactly what they want!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/23/2008 8:29:53 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Someone on here (and I always forget who) has BEAUTIFUL sapphire bezel studs. They are called ''whisper close'' and I think they are less than the WF setting. I am sure someone with a better memory than I will chime in. It could be a good match for you.
It is Cross Jewelers in Maine that has the bezel settings.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 8:28:11 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Someone on here (and I always forget who) has BEAUTIFUL sapphire bezel studs. They are called ''whisper close'' and I think they are less than the WF setting. I am sure someone with a better memory than I will chime in. It could be a good match for you.

Thanks J! I think they are stunning...over only they had a milgrained version
18.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 7:49:17 PM

Date: 10/1/2008 12:13:03 AM
Author: Deedaa
Photo 2

Very pretty! I''ve been considering pre-sets from Blue Nile.

Gecko- I spoke with I.D.Jewelry and it looks like I''ll probably be going with them. They were so helpful on the phone and their prices are really great. It sounds like they''ll really do whatever it takes to get the customer exactly what they want!
Yay!
36.gif
That''s awesome! Keep us posted for sure! I sense a possible Christmas present in my future if yours turn out as cool as I''m sure they will.
11.gif
9.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock

I looked at those. Soooo pretty!

Gecko- These will probably be my own Christmas/Birthday gift. I''ll probably order them soon, make sure I like them, and put them away for hubby to wrap for me
31.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 1:23:55 AM

Someone on here (and I always forget who) has BEAUTIFUL sapphire bezel studs. They are called 'whisper close' and I think they are less than the WF setting. I am sure someone with a better memory than I will chime in. It could be a good match for you.

I looked at those. Soooo pretty!

Gecko- These will probably be my own Christmas/Birthday gift. I'll probably order them soon, make sure I like them, and put them away for hubby to wrap for me
31.gif
I so need to start doing that. The man loves to surprise me - but he sucks at it, LOL. I've known EXACTLY what I was getting since - well, since he started buying me presents.
20.gif

We were talking this year about just buying a flat screen TV as the present for both of us, and doing stockings just for fun. Not actual gift exchange between the two of us.

But if there were diamonds involved.... heh heh.... I might be convinced to change my mind!!!
11.gif

So - are you picking out the stones yourself with ID? Or are you going with what they already have set?

ETA: Diamonds earrings would fit well in a stocking...
11.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
DH NEVER surprises me! At least your guys tries
2.gif
We''ve had several discussions about it lately and he says he''s going to try to surprise me once in a while. He''s afraid I won''t like what he does/buys. Any surprise is better than none though, right?

They currently don''t have any pre-set in the size I want but I''ll probably just go with the specs they have listed on the site and let him choose. He assured me they would be eyeclean and perfectly matched and very sparkly!
9.gif
I think he said his dad cuts the diamonds himself. He did say that if I wanted a bigger diameter then he could select stones that were a little less deep without sacrificing the sparkle. Not sure if I will end up doing that though. He seemed sooo eager to please his customers and really acted like it was no big deal if I got them in and decided I didn''t like them or wanted a different size or something.

Now I need to decide on screw back or push back. I definitely DON''T want to loose an earring either way.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results