shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Bezel Studs!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
and tell me their diameter
9.gif

ETA: Actually... just tell me EVERYTHING about them!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Gecko! I do have a cheapie pair already... my problem is I purchased such large ones and now I don't want to have to go smaller when I get REAL diamonds! I'll have to though... the ones I have are probably equivalent to 1 ct in each ear!

Now I'm mostly trying to decide if I should get the 1/3 carat ones or if its worth double the price to go up to 1/2. From what I've been told about the diameters on the 2 sizes, the 1/2 is only like 0.5 millimeters larger and I just don't know if its worth the price jump.

ETA: I also found a chart online with different size circles so it makes it pretty easy to compare the sizes on that. Here's the link: http://www.ajediam.com/Sizes-of-Diamonds.html

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm. For .5mm... I don''t think I''d do it, but that''s just me.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I have some!!! Here are my .25 ctw little guys. The stones are about 3.2 mm and overall with the bezel, they are 5.5 mm.

bezstudsinhand.JPG

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
So pretty Luvmyhalo! The thicker bezel is very nice!

Just to clarify, I''m trying to decide between 1/3 and 1/2 total weight.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll be watching this thread. I''m thinking about bezeling my 1cttw studs.

Is bezeling even a word? lol

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really wanted to get a *milgrained* bezel for my studs but no one seems to make those and I didn''t want to pay for custom
15.gif
I love the look!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 4:22:21 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I really wanted to get a *milgrained* bezel for my studs but no one seems to make those and I didn''t want to pay for custom
15.gif
I love the look!
Ohhh....I bet that would be beautiful! WF couldn''t miligrain their bezel setting? Maybe I just don''t know what the miligrain process is.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 4:25:01 PM
Author: orbaya

15.gif
I love the look!

Ohhh....I bet that would be beautiful! WF couldn''t miligrain their bezel setting? Maybe I just don''t know what the miligrain process is.

I guess I don''t know the process either b/c they made it seem not that simple. Too bad. Once I settle on my final pair I guess I''ll have a custom setting made then OR maybe by that time the design will be part of their inventory
27.gif

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 4:45:52 PM

Date: 9/22/2008 4:25:01 PM
Author: orbaya

15.gif
I love the look!

I guess I don''t know the process either b/c they made it seem not that simple. Too bad. Once I settle on my final pair I guess I''ll have a custom setting made then OR maybe by that time the design will be part of their inventory
27.gif
What a bummer that they can''t do that for you without having to go custom. Wouldn''t it be nice if they did get miligrained bezels in stock by the time you are ready? Maybe you could start sending subliminal messages to WF??
11.gif
31.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
mine- they are .74 ctw, so .37 each. One is H/SI1 and the other is G/SI1. They have a tiny super thin bezel, custom by the lovely guys at Quest. I''d recommend going up to the .5 ctw if you can swing it.

IMG_2835.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
another shot..

IMG_2818s.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
one more!

IMG_2814e.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
duhh whoops the diameter of my stones is 4.65 mm

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
orbaya, I told Jamie I think they would go over well (seems like there are lots of milgrain lovers on here!
18.gif
) I won''t be ready for a while so you never know
2.gif

icekid, those are stunning!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are mine! They are .40 tcw E VS1s - total diameter is around 4.9 mm.

BezelSetStudsOnTable.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Worst picture ever, but here are mine on my ears. (And I SWEAR I don''t really have a sideburn even though it looks like it!) Mine are from WF, I/VS2, .308 carats each, so .616 total. The diamonds are about 4.36 mm on average, and with the bezel they''re a little bit over 5 mm.

P.S. I would get the .5 ctw if you can swing it because mine are definitely not that large looking!
11.gif

lkkkss.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the much more attractive WF photo!

earrrrwfrrings.jpg

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
icekid- very nice! They look huuuge for about 1/3 each!

Lauren- I''ve always admired your studs and actually asked a question over in "jewelry" about them... don''t think you saw it though. Would you mind checking it out?

Tacori- Milgrain bezels would be beeeaaautiful!

Firegoddess- Beautiful!

Thing- I LOVE the whiteflash bezels! Wish they weren''t out of my price range
7.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Someone on here (and I always forget who) has BEAUTIFUL sapphire bezel studs. They are called "whisper close" and I think they are less than the WF setting. I am sure someone with a better memory than I will chime in. It could be a good match for you.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
All these are so cute! I wonder if I should set my smaller studs into bezels since I never wear them anymore??? They''re .25 each stone (.50 tcw). Will they end up just looking like the same size as my .41 per stone (.82 tcw) or bigger?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
oobiecoo- any updates on the bezel studs? I''m living vicariously through you.
9.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I emailed Engagement Rings Direct to ask about the mm size and posts and the cost to make a matching pendant later on and they never emailed me back. I then called and talked to a couple of different people but I kind of got different answers and still needed to talk to Mark about the pendant so I left him a message. It''s been a week now and he still hasn''t gotten back to me.
33.gif

I was all set to just go with the 1/2 cttw ones from ERD but since he hasn''t returned my call, I''m not sure that I want to give him my business now. I know he''s busy, but I think a week is pushing it.

I also saw some this weekend at my local Costco! They were very pretty and had a bit thicker bezel but were $500 for 1/3 carat total. The clarity is better than ERD and Blue Nile but its like $200 more than the 1/3 carat at both of those places and I don''t know that the higher clarity is really worth that much to me.

I have a feeling I''ll be going with Blue Nile... or MAYBE ERD even though I''m a little put off with them. They DO have a good reputation on here.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
For earrings I personally wouldn''t stress too much about the clarity, but that''s just me.

Hmmm on Mark - maybe try calling again?

I''m excited to see what you end up with!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2008 8:59:50 PM
Author: geckodani
For earrings I personally wouldn''t stress too much about the clarity, but that''s just me.
Yep, clarity isn''t that big of a deal. My SI1 studs look as great as my VS2 pendant (all three WF stones) because they''re well cut.
1.gif

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
Well I''m not sure what the exact diameter of mine are, but I do have 1/2 ctw from ERD.
I absolutely love them!!! I wish I could have gotten something larger, but these are perfect!!!
So if you can, I suggest going up to 1/2 ct. They''re just wonderful!!!!!
(and as much as I hate how my ears look on the screen, I''ll show you so you have an idea of how they look)

2008_0527diamonds002122222.JPG

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are mine: 1oct yellow gold, .30ctw. They are about 4mm across each.

ETA: Bleh. Excuse the fluff.

BezelYGStuds01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results