shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your bezel set pendant/fixed station bezel necklace!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Since my eng ring has not yet sold, and the buyback on the stone kind of hurts (though I have not yet ruled it out), I am debating just resetting it as a DBTY Bezel necklace...it's a 1.15ct stone which to me seems a bit large for such a thing, but it's worth thinking about. Just to keep the stone.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry to hear you are no longer wearing it. Given how unusual & beautiful your diamond is, would you not consider selling it preloved?

Reactions: ame

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry to hear you are no longer wearing it. Given how unusual & beautiful your diamond is, would you not consider selling it preloved?

I've been trying to for 8 months with no interest. It's a needle in a haystack stone too since that company doesn't cut them the same anymore, and won't buy rough that high quality anymore. But so far, no interest.

I am no longer with my husband though, so it's really more of a "do I really want this really pretty stone I have really not worn much, or do I want it to find a new loving home?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been trying to for 8 months with no interest. It's a needle in a haystack stone too since that company doesn't cut them the same anymore, and won't buy rough that high quality anymore. But so far, no interest.

I am no longer with my husband though, so it's really more of a "do I really want this really pretty stone I have really not worn much, or do I want it to find a new loving home?

Ah, I see - sorry to hear you are no longer with your husband. This is SUCH a beautiful stone that I cannot believe you haven't been able to sell it. I think bezelling it into a necklace is a great idea. You can always sell it in a few years if you still want to, but you may regret selling it now & then never being able to find such a diamond again when the association of your husband has subsided.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't hesitate to set it in a bezel & nope, not going to be too big at all. If you want to play it safe, set it in a faux bezel or 4-6 prong basket in case you find a buyer. If it does sell it will be easier to pull back a prong or 2 than slicing off the bezel to unset it. Wear it & enjoy it while you have it. I don't have any pics in the laptop with it on my neck. Not that the pic will help you but maybe the setting is something you like. DK made it.

Attachments

• Pendant Pic 2 copy.jpg
    Pendant Pic 2 copy.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 36

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
629226 571728

I reset my mom's stone about 25 years ago. So, it's a fairly heavy yellow gold bezel. The shot on neck makes it look huge, but shows how it's attached to the chain. Today, I would do that differently, making it a slider, I think.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

With your hair and lo pan eyes, I think that 1ct dbty pendant will not be too big.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

With your hair and lo pan eyes, I think that 1ct dbty pendant will not be too big.

I’m struggling with it. I really wish someone would buy it so I knew it went to a good home. I mean it’s not like I wore it, and I don’t know that I’dwear this much either. I have no idea.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is mine. 3 OEC bezel with milgrain

Sorry picture is so large! :( DD12353B-E7F9-4FFF-A31B-2B76CC9E88B5.jpeg

wow that is beautiful

maybe @ame. it just wants to stay with you
if you gave it a new use like a pendant you could be reacquainted with each other and the stone would no longer represent your marriage

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is not a bezel set .80. I just unset it and bought a new setting from JbG. It is going in a Platinum bezel on one of the yellow gold wire necklaces she had on her site I love the simplicity of a solitaire necklace. Wishing you the best 150978CF-F782-4B33-B39A-A6B72BB74D86.jpeg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is not a bezel set .80. I just unset it and bought a new setting from JbG. It is going in a Platinum bezel on one of the yellow gold wire necklaces she had on her site I love the simplicity of a solitaire necklace. Wishing you the best 150978CF-F782-4B33-B39A-A6B72BB74D86.jpeg

Will be looking forward to your new bezel!

I don’t think 1.15ct will be too big for a pendant, I think it’ll look lovely! If you’re afraid it’ll overpower you, maybe consider a prong setting instead? Or a different ring setting (to make it more cocktail like), or a brooch, if you wear those often?

Though, if you love bezels and you want to put it into a bezel pendant setting, you should do it. Life’s too short to not wear what you want, and if you find that you really just don’t/can’t use the stone, you can sell it in a few years.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don’t think 1.15ct will be too big for a pendant, I think it’ll look lovely! If you’re afraid it’ll overpower you, maybe consider a prong setting instead? Or a different ring setting (to make it more cocktail like), or a brooch, if you wear those often?

Though, if you love bezels and you want to put it into a bezel pendant setting, you should do it. Life’s too short to not wear what you want, and if you find that you really just don’t/can’t use the stone, you can sell it in a few years.

I don't wear anything, really. I haven't worn my rings in years, long prior to the marriage ending.

I don't wear anything, really. I haven't worn my rings in years, long prior to the marriage ending.

I’m sorry to hear about your marriage, by the way, I didn’t say earlier.

If you don’t see yourself wearing jewelry much, your options then become to sell/consign; even if it takes a while; or to gift it to someone who you would want to give such an expensive gift if there is someone like that in your life.

But, it might also make sense to put the stone away for a few months to figure out what you want to do with it or with any of the other jewelry you no longer wear for example, and maybe unpack why you don’t want to wear it (I really hope I’m not overstepping here!) if it’s just that your personal style has evolved away from wearing jewelry then you can hang on to it if you think you’ll change your mind back to wanting to wear it, gift it or sell it (and take your time over the latter to get the best price, unless you need the money). If it’s because of memories or other emotional reasons, maybe resetting the pieces will help you feel more comfortable/joyful in wearing them again? It doesn’t have to be reset into “sensible” pieces - you could reset it all into a single showstopper piece that you only wear 2x a year, but it puts a smile on your face and fills you with joy. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m sorry to hear about your marriage, by the way, I didn’t say earlier.

If you don’t see yourself wearing jewelry much, your options then become to sell/consign; even if it takes a while; or to gift it to someone who you would want to give such an expensive gift if there is someone like that in your life.

But, it might also make sense to put the stone away for a few months to figure out what you want to do with it or with any of the other jewelry you no longer wear for example, and maybe unpack why you don’t want to wear it (I really hope I’m not overstepping here!) if it’s just that your personal style has evolved away from wearing jewelry then you can hang on to it if you think you’ll change your mind back to wanting to wear it, gift it or sell it (and take your time over the latter to get the best price, unless you need the money). If it’s because of memories or other emotional reasons, maybe resetting the pieces will help you feel more comfortable/joyful in wearing them again? It doesn’t have to be reset into “sensible” pieces - you could reset it all into a single showstopper piece that you only wear 2x a year, but it puts a smile on your face and fills you with joy. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Oh I still adore it, but I have no kids, no one to really gift it to, certainly not someone I like that much!!! and I really just never wear it because I barely make it out in the morning with pants on, let alone time to put jewelry on. My baby bezel studs I wear maybe once a month or so. My DBTY I rarely wore either, and my friend bought that from me just the other day (she's loved it since i got it, and it was an anniversary related thing so I felt like it was a reminder I didn't need.) My rings though...as many long timers on here can attest--I have a level of OCD and general insanity that I am constantly worried about every bang, and I can't stand them on when I am doing things with my hands--digging through file cabinets and whatnot. So I would end up taking them off several times a day to do that and it became a "why bother." I did wear a silicone band to work a lot but now...no need. I ADORE this stone. Like I REALLY love it, and it would be impossible to find anything close since that company doesn't cut these the same anymore, but it's a very expensive pebble I never wear that is still semi associated with my husband.

The marriage ending is sadly long overdue. We're MOSTLY amicable, but given the situation, I really don't want many expensive reminders.

Oh I still adore it, but I have no kids, no one to really gift it to, certainly not someone I like that much!!! and I really just never wear it because I barely make it out in the morning with pants on, let alone time to put jewelry on. My baby bezel studs I wear maybe once a month or so. My DBTY I rarely wore either, and my friend bought that from me just the other day (she's loved it since i got it, and it was an anniversary related thing so I felt like it was a reminder I didn't need.) My rings though...as many long timers on here can attest--I have a level of OCD and general insanity that I am constantly worried about every bang, and I can't stand them on when I am doing things with my hands--digging through file cabinets and whatnot. So I would end up taking them off several times a day to do that and it became a "why bother." I did wear a silicone band to work a lot but now...no need. I ADORE this stone. Like I REALLY love it, and it would be impossible to find anything close since that company doesn't cut these the same anymore, but it's a very expensive pebble I never wear that is still semi associated with my husband.

The marriage ending is sadly long overdue. We're MOSTLY amicable, but given the situation, I really don't want many expensive reminders.

I think, given this info, maybe you need to find a design for a few pieces to use up your stones (including your rings - you don’t need to wear rings if you don’t want to!) and then you can wear them all the time, so you don’t ever need to take them off ;-)

If you adore the stone so much, I’d hold off before selling it. You might regret it later... wait until you’re absolutely sure!

Could I ask what is the length of your chain? I feel like your pendant hits exactly where I would want a diamond pendant to hit if I got one!

Ladygrey

Shiny_Rock
I've also been obsessing over a diamond bezel pendant! Not sure if you've seen these threads, but I've combed through them several times thinking about size and design... Here they are in case they are useful to you:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/solitaire-diamond-pendant-please-show-me-yours.226810

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-solitaire-diamond-pendant-over-1-ct.239327

I think your stone would be stunning as a pendant. Not too big at all, and you could just leave it on 24/7... Since it's close to the body, a pendant is so much less likely to get knocked or chipped than a ring. My feeling is that if any thing happens to me that chips a pendant, the chipped pendant will probably be the least of my worries!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 5 stone necklace that's fixed but not in a bezel. I really like the octagon shape but didn't get it for this one.

They are roughly 20-25 pointers each, you could do a graduating version?

necklace.PNG

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh you got it!!! Happy for you, I remember you said it was a good deal too!! Its lovely!

Thank you!
Yes!! DH pulled through for Mother’s Day! :kiss2:

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!
Yes!! DH pulled through for Mother’s Day! :kiss2:

Yay, thats awesome!!! I still havent seen my Riviere band yet, hopefully i get it in time for fathers day!!:lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results