carat
color
clarity

Show me your AVC/AVOEC diamonds!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tourmaline|1455045877|3988961 said:
I chose this .37ct M VVS1 AVC for my holiday raffle voucher!

37-avc.jpg

so pretty Tourmaline!! :appl: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lenapie|1455133479|3989434 said:
Don't think I've contributed to this thread yet. Found 2 decent pictures of my halo re-set on my phone! I have no idea why the photos keep showing up rotated. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Oh wow, that is gorgeous!!! :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lenapie|1455133479|3989434 said:
Don't think I've contributed to this thread yet. Found 2 decent pictures of my halo re-set on my phone! I have no idea why the photos keep showing up rotated. :confused: :confused: :confused:

LOVE this ring!!! :love: :love: :love:

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
Is this the right place to confess that the pictures of everyones diamonds give me almost the same feelings inside as pictures of cute puppies, kittens and babies??? How can these inanimate, sparkly things make me so excited? :appl: LOL

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LaineyRod|1455323244|3990358 said:
Is this the right place to confess that the pictures of everyones diamonds give me almost the same feelings inside as pictures of cute puppies, kittens and babies??? How can these inanimate, sparkly things make me so excited? :appl: LOL

:lol: You might want to get out of here before you become addicted like a few of us! Not me, of course. :loopy:

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
ummm....too late!! Seriously, 3 weeks ago, I was searching for modified brilliant cushion cuts exclusively and all I did was INNOCENTLY wander upon this "SHOW ME YOUR AVC/AVOEC DIAMONDS" thread with the curiosity of wondering what an AVC/AVOEC was and like some kind of drug to my eyes...I have fallen head over heals, changed "everything I have ever wanted" in a diamond and can't get enough of these sparkly, pastel droplets of heaven!

I've joined you on Loop Troop and just posted my current diamond today. I hope it sells quickly as I have priced it as such, but I know these things take time usually. I wish I wanted a round, as yours is stunning!

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
I have a question for everyone on this thread with their warm AVC and AVRs. Have you ever felt "shamed" about your "lower colored" diamond by anyone, or even by anyone in one of the white-diamond-supremest stores like Tiffany or Cartier or Harry Winston? Or does the beauty and sparkle of your diamond stand on its own and no one has ever mentioned it? People are so cheeky these days, I am just wondering what your experiences have been and thanks so much for sharing!!

Happy Valentines everyone! I hope there is all kinds of BLING in your weekends :twirl:
Lainey

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lainey, I am so glad you have discovered the love of August Vintage diamonds! What I will say personally is that I have been in high end stores with my I color AVR, but their lighting almost ALWAYS is such that you can't see diamond color, so I don't think they'd know it was I color! Tiffany sells down through I color, the last I heard. I do think when you go below the near colorless range, the majority of people out there might see the low color and have negative thoughts. But they also are ignorant of how special and unique these diamonds are. I will say that I would prefer a lower color AVC to be in a halo to actually highlight the color. May as well own the lower color if that is your choice! You can always say it is a champagne color diamond! m2b has a beautiful J AVC in a halo, and I don't think anyone could ever say anything negative about that spectacular ring!!!

Good luck on selling your diamond! If it doesn't go fast, I would see what Jonathan at GOG would give you for it. Sometimes we just have to take some loss to get on the right track, and it is worth it!

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1455474462|3991041 said:
Lainey, I am so glad you have discovered the love of August Vintage diamonds! What I will say personally is that I have been in high end stores with my I color AVR, but their lighting almost ALWAYS is such that you can't see diamond color, so I don't think they'd know it was I color! Tiffany sells down through I color, the last I heard. I do think when you go below the near colorless range, the majority of people out there might see the low color and have negative thoughts. But they also are ignorant of how special and unique these diamonds are. I will say that I would prefer a lower color AVC to be in a halo to actually highlight the color. May as well own the lower color if that is your choice! You can always say it is a champagne color diamond! m2b has a beautiful J AVC in a halo, and I don't think anyone could ever say anything negative about that spectacular ring!!!

Good luck on selling your diamond! If it doesn't go fast, I would see what Jonathan at GOG would give you for it. Sometimes we just have to take some loss to get on the right track, and it is worth it!

Thanks for your thoughts Diamondseeker! My current modified brilliant is a G and I know already that I want the AVC to be warmer, at least an H or I, but I won't know if a J or lower will be for me until I see them at GOG in a couple of weeks. BTW, funny that you used the term "champagne color diamond" because I have noted that no one ever terms them as champagne colored and it is such a perfect and delightful description for these perfect and delightful stones :twirl:

I actually am going to be leaving my center stone behind for consignment at GOG when I am up there and yes, I am taking a hit because I am on an AVC mission!!! Seriously though, GOG has unbelievable consignment rates and probably the best chances of anyone for selling it. Do you know, do they ever just buy a diamond (I guess if it is good enough quality to be in their inventory...?) as trade in toward a much, much (like give me a hot flash :angryfire: ha) more expensive diamond?

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LaineyRod|1455518557|3991215 said:
Seriously though, GOG has unbelievable consignment rates and probably the best chances of anyone for selling it. Do you know, do they ever just buy a diamond (I guess if it is good enough quality to be in their inventory...?) as trade in toward a much, much (like give me a hot flash :angryfire: ha) more expensive diamond?

Yes, but the trade-in rate is much lower than the consignment rate. You would be better off consigning it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You just have to ask Jonathan whether he thinks it will sell easily on consignment. I wouldn't be willing to wait a year because I'd want to get started on the new stone while diamond prices are relatively low. I would just ask him how much he'll give you for it, also. You just have to know what your options are. I think H and I are great in an AV stone.

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
That is sooooo pretty and I love, love that setting! What a stunning way to display your gorgeous diamond in a setting that can be worn every day with everything! Ugh, you have given me my next inspiration!

What are you people doing to me!!! LOL

Enjoy your beautiful bauble,
Lainey

Shelley9

Rough_Rock
WOW Wow wow I can't explain how exciting reading this thread has been. I too until tonight was buying a round brilliant, an update for my 30th wedding anniversary as I gave my diamond to my daughters fiancee for their ring.. I have just sent off an email to GOG to see what's available as not much came up on their website just now, probably sold out lol... I live in Perth Australia so would love to hear from anyone that has purchased from GOG recently how the process and transaction went. How does one decide on a round or square style? I didn't know you could get a round AV . Getting excited to hear back as I was actually going to commit tomorrow to buying a RB privately. Hoping to get a 1.5 or larger in the K,L,M color range, will depend on the exchange rate of course. Keep the piccys coming love them, they are all so different and beautiful.

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
Hi Shelley, Welcome!

Congratulations on your new love for August Vintage EVERYTHING, I can relate!! I did a quick search, GOG just revamped their website and I am not sure if it might work differently for you in Australia, but I found these two diamonds for you - one round and one cushion. The first number on the line is their SKU. As far as deciding, well....good luck, it is just preference! I actually am in the process of having custom cut AVC done right now, you can find my thread and I also just snagged up a second hand AVR for a pendant currently being set - yes I understand your falling head over heals frenzy! LOL

13617 CUSHION Carat: 1.51 Color: I VS1 I AGS $14,122
12642 ROUND Carat: 1.56 Color: H SI1 I AGS $15,112

As far as dealing with GOG and Jonathan and his team, they couldn't be more accommodating and wonderful! It has been an amazing experience thus far and other than the wait causing me to go crazy, it has been one of the most thrilling purchasing experiences ever (large purchases).

BTW, OIY OIY OIY, my niece also lives in Australia, way on the other side however, in Wollongong. Her hubby is Tim Coenraad and plays for the Wollongong Hawks if you are a basketball fan :dance:

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
Funion|1463783098|4034175 said:
Just received this, so I'll add to the list! A big shout out to GOG and Mr. Funion, who agreed to an early birthday gift!
1.61 I VS1

Happy Birthday and congratulations Funion!!! Your diamond is BEAUTIFUL!!!! You are one lucky birthday girl :appl: :appl: :appl: Isn't GOG just the best? Every single person there is a gem :love: So now listen to me Birthday Girl, you can't just post ONE pic and think you are done! We need more, more, more, that ring/diamond is too pretty not to flaunt and I would love to see more of it!!! PLEEEEEEEEEAAAAASE :pray: Congratulations again and wear in love and good health!!!

Lainey

Funion

Rough_Rock
Thanks Lainey!
I will post more pics later, I don't have it set yet as I literally just got it! Right now I'm considering doing a three stone ring with baguette sides, whadda think? I haven't seen many AVCs set with side stones on PS.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty, 2ndchance! Congrats on your engagement!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your diamonds, Funion and 2ndchance! :love:

Lainey. looking forward to seeing yours added here!

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Funion|1463837806|4034396 said:
Thanks Lainey!
I will post more pics later, I don't have it set yet as I literally just got it! Right now I'm considering doing a three stone ring with baguette sides, whadda think? I haven't seen many AVCs set with side stones on PS.

I think it's a fabulous idea! But I am quite partial to a three stone myself!

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1463869961|4034568 said:
Love your diamonds, Funion and 2ndchance! :love:

Lainey. looking forward to seeing yours added here!

Thanks DS! Should only be a couple more weeks now :appl:

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
2ndchance|1463784391|4034190 said:
My soon-to-be engagement ring! AVC center K SI2 1.16ct with .37 tcw J SI1 traps. David Klass setting. Size 7. Love it!!

Gorgeous 2ndchance! Congratulations!!! That basket on your ring is just beautiful! Enjoy your lovely AVC and I hope he proposes sooooooon!!! :pray:

2ndchance

Rough_Rock
LaineyRod|1463882604|4034632 said:
2ndchance|1463784391|4034190 said:
My soon-to-be engagement ring! AVC center K SI2 1.16ct with .37 tcw J SI1 traps. David Klass setting. Size 7. Love it!!

Gorgeous 2ndchance! Congratulations!!! That basket on your ring is just beautiful! Enjoy your lovely AVC and I hope he proposes sooooooon!!! :pray:

Thank you!!!! I love the basket too. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results