shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Antique or vintage chains please!

curiousrock

Rough_Rock
I went down a rabbit hole on Etsy and eBay, somehow ended up needing an antique chain. :shifty: Inspiration from IG sellers showing these off as short chains/chokers… While I’m waiting for this to arrive, can you show me your antique or vintage chains? Bonus points if interesting pendants included!

curiousrock

Rough_Rock
The chain that sparked my interest arrived! 14k and looks to me an art deco style watch chain (though I may be very wrong here). So nice and shiny after polishing :kiss2: The seller didn’t have any specific details of where or when it is from though.

D4D66255-A952-4BD5-BD0E-08F07863EE47.jpeg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know the thread is about chains but I couldn’t let your intaglio pass by without comment - it’s amazing :kiss2:

Yes it is! It is bloodstone, but the photo shows it rather dark. It is forest green with little red flecks.
I bought this intaglio from the awesome @PreRaphaelite, who has impeccable taste!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my vintage DBY which I use as a chain for practically all my pendants. All OECs and OMCs.

DSC_2671.JPG

DSC_2965.JPG

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been looking for a piece like yours. It's perfect. And they are quite hard to find. You're so lucky to have this.

Thank you! I was lucky to have found it.

clairebc

Rough_Rock
Antique watch chain I wore today as a bracelet! Works too as a necklace with a little extender (it’s 13” long).
85D59606-7344-4598-992C-4B730166927B.jpeg

Vendor photo, the engraving is so pretty! I’ve been buying a bunch of filled/rolled gold chains until I figure out exactly what kind of style I like best.
5EF53EBC-14A9-46E0-8B59-811C76DC2BAF.jpeg

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Antique watch chain I wore today as a bracelet! Works too as a necklace with a little extender (it’s 13” long).
85D59606-7344-4598-992C-4B730166927B.jpeg

Vendor photo, the engraving is so pretty! I’ve been buying a bunch of filled/rolled gold chains until I figure out exactly what kind of style I like best.
5EF53EBC-14A9-46E0-8B59-811C76DC2BAF.jpeg

That's so pretty! I’ve done the same thing re buying filled/rolled options to work out what I like. My problem now is that what l like doesn't seem to exist in solid gold or if it does, it's really expensive!

curiousrock

Rough_Rock
That's so pretty! I’ve done the same thing re buying filled/rolled options to work out what I like. My problem now is that what l like doesn't seem to exist in solid gold or if it does, it's really expensive!

I got a rolled gold chain as well— makes a lot of sense especially for the heavier chains, they are quite an investment!!

clairebc

Rough_Rock

Thank you! I think for now I may be happy to have multiple filled/rolled gold options instead of fewer solid gold options.

Also, when I buy solid gold, I try to get as close to melt value as possible, which is quite limiting! And I cap myself at 2X melt value, unless I reeeeeeally love it :lol-2:

curiousrock

Rough_Rock
Antique 18k & platinum chain with double dog clips. The gold is a little rosier than I was hoping for, but I still love it.

20230419_105445.jpg

Oooh looks very similar to my chain! I do love the rosier color of antique gold - looked for it specifically for my wedding band! Tell us more about the charm- is it enamel?

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh looks very similar to my chain! I do love the rosier color of antique gold - looked for it specifically for my wedding band! Tell us more about the charm- is it enamel?

It's definitely has similarities to yours! And I love it with this little heart charm. I found the charm on The Real Real only after it had sold, and put a watch on it, and for some crazyinsane reason, the first buyer returned it and when I got the "Your watched item is available again!" email, I couldn't get it in my cart fast enough! It is enameled, and they claimed quite old, but who knows. All I know is, I love it!
e559bf9d123193ceb2000abfca2a100c.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results