shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your ACA studs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OK, so I am trying to decide on settings. I''m torn between the 3 prong martini settings, the 8-prong martini settings, and the W-prong settings. If anyone has pictures, especially "real life" shots and ear shots, I''d be very appreciative. Mine would be around 0.8 ct tw, so if you can give the size so I know for scale as well that would be awesome.

Thanks!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not gonna make your life any easier by showing you mine, since I did fine bezels (like the Perreti style) and they're not stock settings at WF...yet?! But I love them!!!!

Here's the whole thread with lots of pics and ear shots if you haven't seen it yet.

Ear shot:

094earshot21.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Setting profile

06epstudside1.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last teaser

05epstud1noflash22.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks FG - I LOVE your studs (truth be told that''s what finally motivated me to get off my butt and get moving on ordering these). I thought about the bezel settings, but I think in the end I''m more drawn to the non-bezel style. Thanks so much for the link with the other stud pictures though - I thought there was a link like that but couldn''t seem to find it by searching...I think the 14 hour days in the lab this week have fried my brain, since I''m sure it comes right up if you just type the search terms properly...
25.gif
20.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i would have recommended 3prong martini's hands down if not for fg's AMAZING bezels
18.gif

eta: i see you commented on the bezels (
30.gif
) if you are looking for something else, then i would still recommend the 3prong. i had .38's in that setting and LOVED them (so much that i also set my upgrades in the 3prong!) i think they are great. of course, i have not seen the 8prong, so i don't really have a strong preference for them. as far as the w-prongs go....i have the wprong 3stone ring and i just can't imagine the style being done justice in a smaller size. it really is delicate and needs to be a good size to be showcased well.

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
I myself am torn between three prong martini''s and those dainty bezel sets- both are equally lovely!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks belle!!
35.gif
I'm not a bezel girl usually but I love these, and they seriously make the stones look even larger. If I hadn't gone for those, I likely would have gone for the martinis. I think Finding Neverland just got a pair with W prongs, and I would love to see how those look. Maybe you can get her to take some pics.
31.gif
She hasn't posted any yet.

As for the thread - I knew where to look because I pored over every single picture when making my decision a few weeks ago! Also, when I was doing 14 hour days in lab, by the end of the week my eyes were moving independently of each other. And I was not. happy. at. all.
5.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
seriously fg, if you had done this a couple of months ago, my babies would be bezeled right now! i love them!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I love my 3 prong martini settings. Here are my ACA, .70tcw, I, VS2 studs. I didn''t take very good photos though.

aDSC02247.jpg
aDSC02258.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i posted pics previously of my .38c 3 prong martinis, love them....i would only do the 6 prong handmade if the stones were bigger, aka more like .70c each or something so you can really get a better idea of the design. for .80ctw i would do 3 prong. w prong for me is the same as the 6 prong ones, i think it needs a larger stone in it to show the design off otherwise just stay simple with 3 prong.

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
I have the w-prong with heart-tipped prongs. A friend of mine also ordered the same setting (smaller stones) and the picture of her finished set is posted in the WF Gallery.

Here''s the link to my old thread. The pictures are so-so, sorry about that! https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/2-25-cttw-whiteflash-diamond-studs.48789/

I really like the w-prongs, but in reality, you can''t see the pretty basket when they''re in the ears.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are mine. Each earring is .41 and they''re set in four prong basket.

earringscloseup.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
oops, sorry the picture is huge like that! I thought I sized it down . . .(oh and my earrings are basket. Since you're looking at .80 ctw, I would do the martini. Keep the setting really simple!)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love those 8 prong martinis. I am pretty far away from getting studs but there was a thread talking about the "point" in the setting stretching out their holes. Anyone else feel that way?

rocks&purses

Shiny_Rock
Here''s mine. I posted other pics on my other thread.

0.70 tcw. ACA I SI1

earringshot3.jpg

rocks&purses

Shiny_Rock
arrow shot. tough to get the arrows to show up perfectly in photos but they are all there. The picture did not come out as good as I hoped for. The stones look pinkish brownish from the reflection off the box.

earringsarrow1.jpg

rocks&purses

Shiny_Rock
Hi snlee,

I love looking at the pic of your ering showing the arrows. It looks beautiful with your eternity band. I want the same simple setting when I get my upgrade to pair it with an eternity band. Would you mind sharing the specs of your ering? Thanks.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much everyone for the pictures and everything. I''m about 90% decided I''m going with these stones:

0.823 cttw J VS1 ACA''s

In 3-prong martini settings, WG. I''m still a bit tempted by these stones as well because of the slightly higher color (I SI1''s were what I was hoping for to maximize size for budget):

0.413 cttw I VS1/VS2 ES stones

But I *think* the visual difference of the amazimg symmetry on the ACAs will be visible enought that they will hide the lower color grade. What do you all think (or feel free to chime in on the Rocky Talky thread as well)?

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2007 10:58:14 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Thanks so much everyone for the pictures and everything. I'm about 90% decided I'm going with these stones:

0.823 cttw J VS1 ACA's

In 3-prong martini settings, WG. I'm still a bit tempted by these stones as well because of the slightly higher color (I SI1's were what I was hoping for to maximize size for budget):

0.413 cttw I VS1/VS2 ES stones

But I *think* the visual difference of the amazimg symmetry on the ACAs will be visible enought that they will hide the lower color grade. What do you all think (or feel free to chime in on the Rocky Talky thread as well)?
Those are a beautiful pair of diamonds. I'd go for the J ACA's!

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Here's the pic that WF sent me of my new studs. They're a smidge over 1 ctw, I color, set in 18K WG. Unfortunately, the shot does not show the lovely W prong basket. But it is very elegant.

I haven't been able to get shots of them myself at home yet. Life has just been really hectic.

Here's a link that Lesley gave me to the info on my stones:

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/Compare_Diamonds.aspx?idnos=292611,292610

ACAStuds3.jpg

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2007 3:13:50 PM
Author: rocks&purses
Hi snlee,

I love looking at the pic of your ering showing the arrows. It looks beautiful with your eternity band. I want the same simple setting when I get my upgrade to pair it with an eternity band. Would you mind sharing the specs of your ering? Thanks.
Thanks rocks! I love it too! My ering is from Derco Jewelers in the Bay Area. More pictures and info can be found here.

Sorry for the thread jack AG!

rocks&purses

Shiny_Rock
Ooopss...yes AG, sorry for hj your thread. thanks, snlee for sharing the link. i LOVE seeing all your pics. very yummy. you have nice slender fingers. A size 3.5? WOW! Mine''s a size 4 and hubby and I tried on some rings for my upgrade and i thought a 1.25 would be a good enough size for me. i don''t want anything too big, just proportionate but he liked the 1.5 better on me. hey, i can''t complain about that. so, i am patiently waiting for the right time for the upgrade :) thanks again.

Apsara

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/22/2007 11:18:03 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I love those 8 prong martinis. I am pretty far away from getting studs but there was a thread talking about the ''point'' in the setting stretching out their holes. Anyone else feel that way?
That is exactly what happened to me. I switched to 4 prong baskets. I like them soooo much better. It''s hard to know--each person may like a different setting. It''s only once they are on the ear do you know for sure. But I did think the martini "sunk" into my ear piercng and was irritating it a bit--and I do not have enlarged or "damaged" piercings. I suggest trying on different styles to see what you like.
1.gif

PS Mine are H&As, 1+ cts each, G/VS, but not "ACAs" so I won''t post pic

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I wish I had done a thread about my earrings - I''m sorry I don''t and I will get around to it soon! One is an ACA one is ES. They have different color (H and I) and clarity grades (VS2 and SI1). Bob at WF and several friendly PS''ers gave me the confidence that they would be a well matched pair. And you know what? I totally can''t tell the difference between them without the loupe. My earrings are each .34 and my pendant is .40. I can tell the difference in size between it and my earrings, but it''s not as big a difference as I would have expected. My point is, you will probably love either set and (unless your eyes are way better than mine) you might not even be able to tell the difference if you had all 4 next to eachother. So if you''re price sensitive at all, I''d get the less expensive ES pair. If the difference is no big deal, I''d get the ACAs for the "mind clean" factor and because you get a nifty H&A viewer with them :)

By the way I have the 3 prong martini and love it. I think I would have also liked the basket 4 prong setting. The 8 prong did not appeal to me for stones of this size.

Can''t wait to see them!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2007 10:48:00 PM
Author: Apsara

That is exactly what happened to me. I switched to 4 prong baskets. I like them soooo much better. It''s hard to know--each person may like a different setting. It''s only once they are on the ear do you know for sure. But I did think the martini ''sunk'' into my ear piercng and was irritating it a bit--and I do not have enlarged or ''damaged'' piercings. I suggest trying on different styles to see what you like.
1.gif

PS Mine are H&As, 1+ cts each, G/VS, but not ''ACAs'' so I won''t post pic
Can you start a seperate thread? I''d love to see ear shots of your earrings.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much everyone for the pictures and the thoughts - as usual, the amazing knowledge, kindness and helpfulness of PS comes to the rescue! For those who are wondering, I had decided on the J VS1 ACA''s, but they got bought before I could order them, so I ended up with the stones described in this thread in Rocky Talky I can''t wait to get them!!
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results