shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your 3/4-.85 carat round engagement rings!

cameeelia

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jan 25, 2011
Messages
75
I wear a 4.25 ring size, and my boyfriend and I are trying to figure out which stone would be nice for me. I know what specs I want, just not the size yet. I think a 3/4 would be lovely, but I'm unsure if it could be too small in the long run. Please show me your rings! :)
 

diamante-girl

Rough_Rock
Joined
Apr 3, 2011
Messages
26
Hi Kathleen, :wavey:

I wear a size 4 ring. My solitaire is a .62ct, AGS 000 ideal cut, G, SI1. The HCA was 1.0. The setting is a James Allen Timeless white gold tapered setting. My wedding band is a .42ct half-way eternity band.

Originally I had bought a 3/4 (.71ct) solitaire locally, but through Pricescope's information and an outside appraisal, learned that the stone was way too deep and poorly cut! :errrr: I returned it just in time and found my diamond at James Allen. Since it was an ideal cut, near colorless and super eye clean, it has the appearance of being bigger. I was on a budget and the solitaire and setting came out to less than what I originally spent at the local jewelry store. (and I got such a better diamond!!) I think it is a very nice size for a petite finger, not too big and not too small. It is very sparkly and I have gotten many compliments on it. People often think it is a bigger caret size than it is.

I think you would be very happy with a 3/4ct or anything under 1ct. Besides the diamond prices have been going up and up. Staying smaller would save you some money. If I remember correctly the price jumps are at .70ct, .90ct, and of course, 1ct.

Looking around at James Allen, Good Old Gold, WhiteFlash, and BrianGavinDiamonds you should be able to find a very beautiful stone at a good price. (Be sure to obtain Idealscopes on the ones you choose. Look for GIA or AGS certs only, and Exl or Ideal cuts.) :))

DSC08661A.jpg
 

cameeelia

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jan 25, 2011
Messages
75
Hello diamante-girl! Thanks for your reply :wink2:
Your set is so beautiful! Your stone is such a nice size on your finger. I'd consider going in to the .60's, but I feel it would be too small for me. I think maybe I could get a stone from .70-.74, instead of a .75, not too sure if there'd be much of a visual difference, but maybe a price difference- which my boyfriend would appreciate haha ;))
I've looked at James Allen, and was set on a setting when first looking but I decided against them for the setting. Did you enjoy your experience working with them for your diamond?
 

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
16,409
Diamante, your rings are beautiful! I love the size proportions of your ring and band - they look really pretty on your hand!
 

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Sep 5, 2003
Messages
2,405
Here is mine, with a center stone of .78ct. Finger size of 3.75. I don't have any shots of it as a solitaire.

Weddingset.jpg
 

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
16,409
Logan Sapphire|1310731987|2969539 said:
Here is mine, with a center stone of .78ct. Finger size of 3.75. I don't have any shots of it as a solitaire.

So pretty - one of my all time favs!!
 

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Sep 5, 2003
Messages
2,405
MissGotRocks|1310732774|2969546 said:
Logan Sapphire|1310731987|2969539 said:
Here is mine, with a center stone of .78ct. Finger size of 3.75. I don't have any shots of it as a solitaire.

So pretty - one of my all time favs!!

Thanks! It's the baby sister of your beautiful set (and you know I'm still completely in love with your new wedding ring).
 

lewood

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jan 9, 2011
Messages
170
Here's my .85 round solitaire e-ring! I don't have one on my hand that is farther away so that you get a real life perspective. Perhaps I can take a shot of one for you some time today. In any event, I do like the size of my diamond, but I would not have objected to receiving a larger stone!!!! My FI paid for my ring in cash- he was very adiment on that, and he didn't want to empty his savings entirely, plus he insisted on a perfect D colored stone and VVS1, which I think is so sweet (however, very unnecessary). My diamond now how such sentimental value to me. Perhaps now the road I can receive another ring for an anniversary gift, but really I'm just content and thankful for what I've got now :)

For the record, I wear a size 5, which really should be around a 4.5, but I like my rings loose...plus, your rings will fit tighter with a wedding band included. The size of my finger isn't necessary for this picture, but like I said, I'll try to post pictures of my ring on my hand from father away so that you get a more accurate perspective, if you'd like.

Imported%20Photos%2000085.jpg
 

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jan 18, 2011
Messages
499
I really think this is a wonderful size! My ring isn't a round, and it's 3/4 carat, so it doesn't quite have as much coverage as a round, but I still feel like it's a nice size. Especially since you have a smaller ring size than me (I'm a 6.5) it will look much larger and I'm very happy with how mine looks.
 

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 9, 2008
Messages
8,213
lewood - that's a cool setting!
 

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
3,296
Just snapped a few pics on my iPhone in my office, but you get the idea...

More in this thread:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/she-got-a-makeover-and-she-looks-great.157948/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/she-got-a-makeover-and-she-looks-great.157948/[/URL]

ETA: I forgot to mention that my finger is a size 4 and the stone is .79 ct. I think its a great size diamond for my finger but I'll be honest, I do often wish it was a tad bigger (I blame that on pricescope :Up_to_something: )

photo 1 (1).JPG

photo 1 (2).JPG

photo 1.JPG

photo 1 (3).JPG
 

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 25, 2009
Messages
7,864
Here was my .76ct RB on a size 5.75 finger before I upgraded my center stone.

000111AsarEring218f.jpg
 

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jun 16, 2011
Messages
724
Mine is a little smaller (0.64ct) but my fingers are bigger (size 5) so it should give you a good idea of what a 3/4ct would look like on a size 4 finger.

IMG_1795.jpg
IMG_1794.jpg
 

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
16,409
Logan Sapphire|1310732864|2969548 said:
MissGotRocks|1310732774|2969546 said:
Logan Sapphire|1310731987|2969539 said:
Here is mine, with a center stone of .78ct. Finger size of 3.75. I don't have any shots of it as a solitaire.

So pretty - one of my all time favs!!

Thanks! It's the baby sister of your beautiful set (and you know I'm still completely in love with your new wedding ring).

I keep waiting for you to do some Tiff's shopping!
 

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
Joined
May 26, 2009
Messages
203
Mine is a .82 ct on a size 2.5 finger

IMG_1749.JPG

IMG_1746.JPG
 

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
16,409
stargurl78|1310745759|2969693 said:
Just snapped a few pics on my iPhone in my office, but you get the idea...

More in this thread:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/she-got-a-makeover-and-she-looks-great.157948/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/she-got-a-makeover-and-she-looks-great.157948/[/URL]

ETA: I forgot to mention that my finger is a size 4 and the stone is .79 ct. I think its a great size diamond for my finger but I'll be honest, I do often wish it was a tad bigger (I blame that on pricescope :Up_to_something: )

Your rings are fab as well - they look perfect on you! That's a beautiful stone - my first stone was about that size and I'm guessing that if it had been that beautiful, my trading saga wouldn't have begun. Enjoy!!
 

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
16,409
SparklyRing|1310758195|2969864 said:
Mine is a .82 ct on a size 2.5 finger

Another beauty and lucky you with those small fingers - it looks huge on you!
 

cameeelia

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jan 25, 2011
Messages
75
Wow, I didn't expect so many replies! Thank you everyone, your rings are soooo lovely :D
stargurl78- your ring is really nice, where is it from? I think it looks perfect on your hand!
lewood- if you'd like to take photos on your hand it'd be much appreciated, and I'm sure the other ladies would love to see some hand shots!
 

cameeelia

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jan 25, 2011
Messages
75
SparklyRing|1310758195|2969864 said:
Mine is a .82 ct on a size 2.5 finger
Gahhh...so pretty! You're lucky to have such little fingers :)
 

cameeelia

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jan 25, 2011
Messages
75
JuneRose|1310757499|2969855 said:
Mine is a little smaller (0.64ct) but my fingers are bigger (size 5) so it should give you a good idea of what a 3/4ct would look like on a size 4 finger.

IMG_1795.jpg
IMG_1794.jpg

Do you have any photos of your diamond in a setting? :)
 

lewood

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jan 9, 2011
Messages
170
I'm back for some real life perspective of what a size .85 round looks like from a distance (and I caught some fire pictures that I'm going to share, too! :love: )

Imported%20Photos%2000113.jpg
Imported%20Photos%2000120.jpg
Imported%20Photos%2000116.jpg
Imported%20Photos%2000117.jpg
 

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jun 16, 2011
Messages
724
kathleenparrish|1310758910|2969878 said:
JuneRose|1310757499|2969855 said:
Mine is a little smaller (0.64ct) but my fingers are bigger (size 5) so it should give you a good idea of what a 3/4ct would look like on a size 4 finger.

IMG_1795.jpg
IMG_1794.jpg

Do you have any photos of your diamond in a setting? :)

No I really wish I did!! I've been waiting for 4 weeks for the setting and it's killing me!! Hopefully should have it soon though...
 

cameeelia

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jan 25, 2011
Messages
75
Logan Sapphire|1310731987|2969539 said:
Here is mine, with a center stone of .78ct. Finger size of 3.75. I don't have any shots of it as a solitaire.
Such pretty diamonds!
 

cameeelia

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jan 25, 2011
Messages
75
lewood- your diamond has so much fire, where is it from and what are the specs? I think I'll go for something a little under .85. Maybe a .80. I don't know if there's really too much difference than a .75 to .80, or .80 to 85 that would be easily noticeable.

JuneRose- Hopefully it'll be here soon! :)
 

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
3,296
missgotrocks - Thank you for the compliment! I do love the stone and I'm very happy with the ring.

kathleenparrish - Thank you! The stone is from James Allen and the setting is from James Durbin Jewelers in St. Louis, MO (we are in MI but my husband travels often to St. Louis for work and purchased it there).

lewood - I LOVE your beautiful solitaire, it looks like it was made for you!
 

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Dec 16, 2007
Messages
25,690
I had a diamond that size, but my finger is larger so of no use to you!

I think it is a great size diamond. It is larger than the average and gives great hand presence, especially on smaller hands like yours. You would love it. You could even go to the .60ct range and still have a very nice looking diamond. My SIL has a diamond that size on hands your size and it is very eye catching. Just ge ta great cut stone and it will be blingy and eye catching for sure!
 

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
Joined
May 26, 2009
Messages
203
Thanks MissGotRocks and kathleenparrish!

Kathleen, I recommend an ideal cut diamond. Ideal cuts sparkle and reflect light more, so they look noticeably bigger and sparklier than diamonds with lower-quality cuts. I've held my ring right next to many 1cts in jewelry stores and it looks bigger and brighter than the "average" and even "good" cut diamonds. Honestly, I only see a very very slight size difference between a .8ish diamond and 1ct diamond when comparing them meticulously side-by-side. Also, you have small hands, so a diamond ranging from .7 to .8 would look great on you. Good luck!
 

cameeelia

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jan 25, 2011
Messages
75
SparklyRing|1310789475|2970207 said:
Thanks MissGotRocks and kathleenparrish!

Kathleen, I recommend an ideal cut diamond. Ideal cuts sparkle and reflect light more, so they look noticeably bigger and sparklier than diamonds with lower-quality cuts. I've held my ring right next to many 1cts in jewelry stores and it looks bigger and brighter than the "average" and even "good" cut diamonds. Honestly, I only see a very very slight size difference between a .8ish diamond and 1ct diamond when comparing them meticulously side-by-side. Also, you have small hands, so a diamond ranging from .7 to .8 would look great on you. Good luck!

Oh yes I certainly want an ideal cut. That's my main factor for the diamond. I will be happy with whatever I get though, my boyfriend knows me well :)
 

samsul

Rough_Rock
Joined
Mar 1, 2014
Messages
1
I think you would be very happy with a 3/4ct or anything under 1ct. Besides the diamond prices have been going up and up. Staying smaller would save you some money.3 carat diamond ring
If I remember correctly the price jumps are at .70ct, .90ct, and of course, 1ct. :naughty:
 

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 23, 2012
Messages
20,049
Mine just gets in! It's .84 on a 7.25. I think it looks like a nice size on my fingers, so I'm sure it would look amazing on your itty bitty ones. I have a few when it was a solitaire and now.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1393683497.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1393683521.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1393683636.jpg
 
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results
Top