shape
carat
color
clarity

SHOW ME YOUR 2ct and 2.5ct SOLITAIRES!

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
Haha my boyfriend also finds anything over 2 ct obscene and anybody in my social circle would think I'm waering CZ because in Europe 1 ct is considered big. But I still will ger my 10mm finger coverage sooner or later : )

I find for a size 6 finger 8.5mm is the perfect balance of big enough but also subtle enough. I don't think there really is a big noticeable difference between 2.5ct (8.5mm) and 2.75ct (8.7mm). And getting CZ rings in those exact measurements will not be possible. So I would get a 8.5mm and 9mm cz ring and see which you feel most comfortable with. Or obsess over diamdb with the visualisation tool which measurment looks best on your hand.

But in this range just get the best cut diamond with your prefered combo of color and clarity.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a size 6 @Lessics. I wouldn't want anything over 3 personally (mostly b/c my husband thinks anything over 2ct is obscene lol).

That's when a good upgrade policy comes in handy! They adjust to the size increase gradually!

I know in my world, anything over 2 cts is large. I maybe could do 2.5 cts., but I am happy with my diamond and can't really upgrade it to the same thing. But as far as 2.5 versus 2.66 goes, I'd go for the 2.66 assuming it is a well cut diamond. You might want to start a thread on Rocky Talky if you haven't already to get advice on the cut of particular diamonds (unless it's a superideal cut and then you know you're safe!).

foodie100

Rough_Rock
That's when a good upgrade policy comes in handy! They adjust to the size increase gradually!

I know in my world, anything over 2 cts is large. I maybe could do 2.5 cts., but I am happy with my diamond and can't really upgrade it to the same thing. But as far as 2.5 versus 2.66 goes, I'd go for the 2.66 assuming it is a well cut diamond. You might want to start a thread on Rocky Talky if you haven't already to get advice on the cut of particular diamonds (unless it's a superideal cut and then you know you're safe!).
I did on the man made diamonds forum! Come on over!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
"Dainty" my 2.558 ct CBI (8.77-8.80 mm). The setting is size 4.5. If I won the lottery I'd love to have a 2.8-ish diamond, but I wasn't willing to trade up in size and have to go down in color or clarity. I like what I like.

A person's hand size and ring size absolutely influence how viewers perceive the size of the diamond. I study optics and perception, I know!

IMG_0094 !!.jpg IMG_9652!!.jpg IMG_9848.jpg

foodie100

Rough_Rock
"Dainty" my 2.558 ct CBI (8.77-8.80 mm). The setting is size 4.5. If I won the lottery I'd love to have a 2.8-ish diamond, but I wasn't willing to trade up in size and have to go down in color or clarity. I like what I like.

A person's hand size and ring size absolutely influence how viewers perceive the size of the diamond. I study optics and perception, I know!

It is STUNNING! And you're a great example of how size of finger really matters.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock

I mean, really, what's not to love about this ring?!?!

But I must ask what brand/color is your nail polish in this pic?

Novicenovice

Rough_Rock

Could you share your specs? Such a beautiful diamond

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Could you share your specs? Such a beautiful diamond

@RunningwithScissors has a thread on her amazing diamond. The specs are on the second page.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
2.01 ct. (but a little smaller for its carat weight - 8.01mm)
GIA E color, SI2, Triple Ex
Ring size 4.75
Shank 2.6mm wide.
Feels just right (I used to have a 3.29 ct., 9.59mm stone and I’m just more comfortable with this).
1575966818284.jpeg

maibeans

Rough_Rock
Hi here is my 2.73 I Si2. Size 6 ring. I definitely think ring size has an impact. When my friend with a size 4 wears my ring it looks huge on her. On me i feel like it looks much smaller, but i of course am in love with it! image_3926.jpg image_3925.jpg image_3924.jpg image_3923.jpg image_3921.jpg image_3918.jpg image_3916.jpg

Your ring is to die for! Do you detect any warmth in your ‘I’ color stone? I thought i had messaged you in a different thread but maybe not.....

Im going from a G to an I to gain some size (2.3 to 3.3), but my jeweler said this I stone actually faces up like an H. I wasn’t able to detect any warmth when i saw it loose, but not sure if it will be different when set into my setting. Picking it up tomorrow.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Diamonds, especially those of us that upgrade, have to determine what is the most important C. For those like me, I want size & I balance all the variables according to my priority of size. I have to specify that although I value size as a 2nd option, cut is always, #1 priority. Where does that leave me, it leaves me at as large as an ideal J, VS-2 as I can find. Would I love a G-H -I for an upgrade? Oh yes I would but I'm balancing the total diameter with the stone. I think with my WF J, 2.96, I'm balancing all the best features I can into one area. I'm upgrading to a 2.968 to a J VS 2 whom my SA Brittany has stated was the exact same body color of my 2.88 I'm upgrading. Woot woot! Bottom line, color & clarity depend on your own personal beliefs & comfort levels. Questions to ask yourself, are you going for size only, or are you going for both a balance of cut (most important) or colour or size. You decide. :)

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is to die for! Do you detect any warmth in your ‘I’ color stone? I thought i had messaged you in a different thread but maybe not.....

Im going from a G to an I to gain some size (2.3 to 3.3), but my jeweler said this I stone actually faces up like an H. I wasn’t able to detect any warmth when i saw it loose, but not sure if it will be different when set into my setting. Picking it up tomorrow.

@maibeans how do you like your new diamond?

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock

I love how perfect that looks on your hand! I have small finger envy! I wish an 8.8mm diamond looked like that on my hand hahaha

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I mean, really, what's not to love about this ring?!?!

But I must ask what brand/color is your nail polish in this pic?

Hi, sorry I'm only now seeing your post. The more organgy/coral coli I'm wearing is Dior's "Adventure 551" and the nude color is Channel's "Bleached Mauve 646." I prefer how the Dior polish goes on much better than the Channel. The Channel is too thick and clumpy even when I try to thin it with remover.

Cheers!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I love how perfect that looks on your hand! I have small finger envy! I wish an 8.8mm diamond looked like that on my hand hahaha

I'm sure you have beautiful hands. The ring in your avatar is to-die-for! I bet you look like a fairytale princess in it. :)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
@headlight Thanks for asking. The ring turned out beautifully. Not gonna lie, when I put it on I was a bit scared 3.3 carats on 4.5 size finger) but it took all but a few hours to get used to the new beauty. Here she is at the office on her first day. Don’t mind the messy desk.
6287518A-FB0F-4E1B-8C09-5276A4732B53.jpeg

GORGEOUS! You rock it!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
2.01 ct. (but a little smaller for its carat weight - 8.01mm)
GIA E color, SI2, Triple Ex
Ring size 4.75
Shank 2.6mm wide.
Feels just right (I used to have a 3.29 ct., 9.59mm stone and I’m just more comfortable with this).
1575966818284.jpeg

Love, love love! This is true perfection!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
@headlight Thanks for asking. The ring turned out beautifully. Not gonna lie, when I put it on I was a bit scared 3.3 carats on 4.5 size finger) but it took all but a few hours to get used to the new beauty. Here she is at the office on her first day. Don’t mind the messy desk.
Wow! GORGEOUS!!! I would love that size in my next life haha. Too big for my current lifestyle and too much for my pocket right now. I can just stare at your ring all day. So beautiful.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is stunning! It looks gorgeous on you!

gerbera222

Rough_Rock
My upgrade is here! I will make a detailed post later this weekend, but had to show off this beauty now! 2.3, J, VVS1, size 4.5, set in platinum.

IMG_4737.jpg
IMG_4701.jpg
IMG_4710.jpg
IMG_4661.jpg

Last edited:

minniezhang

Rough_Rock

Your ring looks so so sparkly and pretty! And huge!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results