Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing "Dainty" my new(ish) CBI

RunningwithScissors

Shiny_Rock
It has taken me awhile to post images, I've had health set backs and have been busy catching up from being overseas this summer.

May I present ...(drum roll)..."Dainty," my CBI 2.558 D VS1 in a simple, platinum solitaire setting.

Dainty has soul! She has so much fire and throws big chunky flashes -- exactly what I love. She is the diamond of my dreams. I love her icy coolness. Often she appears blue and reminds me light dancing on the bottom of a swimming pool.

My hat is off to the cutter, Paul Slegers. He is a true virtuoso.

The team at HPD worked hard throughout the summer to make this happen.

The following pics were taken in my kitchen, with dim natural light and a simple cell phone camera. I'm not close to a window, yet Dainty glows with light. That's what you get with a super ideal cut. IMG_9652!!.jpg IMG_0094 !!.jpg IMG_9633.jpg

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Shiny_Rock
Here's a video taken at our local pub. I am sitting outside on their deck. No fancy lighting, just yellowy overhead bulbs. But watch Dainty flash! (The video starts slow, so fast forward to about 30 seconds in and see the fireworks begin!)

Last edited:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad to see pictures of your ring! It is beautiful and I am glad you are pleased with it. I know it was a long wait for you but definitely worth it! We will take lots more pictures please - enjoy every sparkle in good health and happiness!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous and that is anything but dainty LOL. I am sorry you had some health issues and hope you are well and feeling good. That is a gorgeous ring and looks amazing on you. Wear in good health and blingy happiness.:appl:

kayla17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful! Congrats on a gorgeous diamond and setting! It looks huge on your lovely hand!

moneymeister

Brilliant_Rock
The diamond is stunning. That fire is breathtaking. So much fun to watch fire in a low light setting. That is probably doubled in real life with a CBI. Hope you are feeling better!

RunningwithScissors

Shiny_Rock
Here's a video of Dainty in natural light.

I find it fun to see how she looks in different lighting conditions. Some light brings out her fire, other light her brilliance.

uxr51

Rough_Rock
Wow, that diamond looks huge on your finger. What ring size are you?

Keep the videos coming, It would be interesting to see it in sunlight or other light settings.

Congratulations!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I have been waiting for this post from you as I know you've had this for a while, although equally I know you've been recovering from various health issues and I hope that recovery is going well!

Congratulations on your amazing diamond! I agree with everyone else who is saying that Dainty isn't the word that comes straight to mind here... :D However, you call that beauty whatever you want!!!

Looking forward to waaay more information from you. :pray: The whole process, your thoughts and feedback on that process, perhaps the angle information (did I miss it somewhere?) and waaay more pictures including photos from the side!!!

Not that I'm demanding or anything... :oops2:

(Although on a more serious note, of course only share what you wish to. =)2)

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.